Snake's "no try" v Sharks. Any feedback from NRL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
southsideeagle said:
I think it was a lower % play by Hiku. He could have gone to Killer beside him then on to Snake.
I have always wondered how much "drift" can be achieved.

U will gather from the end of this I do not know but here goes.

If the ball carrier is running at a 12 second / 100 m pace then obviously the ball is doing same. If he passes it at the same pace (how fast is a ball passed???) and it is passed 10 metres, the pass takes 1.2 seconds and travels 1.2 metres forward.

Technical Coach, can you help us with this?

StuBoot said:
southsideeagle said:
I think it was a lower % play by Hiku. He could have gone to Killer beside him then on to Snake.
I have always wondered how much "drift" can be achieved.

U will gather from the end of this I do not know but here goes.

If the ball carrier is running at a 12 second / 100 m pace then obviously the ball is doing same. If he passes it at the same pace (how fast is a ball passed???) and it is passed 10 metres, the pass takes 1.2 seconds and travels 1.2 metres forward.

Technical Coach, can you help us with this?

Some interesting maths there Southside. TC only deals in millisecond passes so I don't think he will be any help.

Anymore backwards anf I y would be queensland

Games on the line, Manly down by two, 30 seconds of game time to go when Hiku throws the ball...just wondering how the laissez faire comments from some would change to ..."You're f@cking kidding Horsehead"..."We got robbed...this is bullsh$t!":p...for ,mine I thought it was out of the hands backwards.

See the optical illusion revealed here. If you haven't seen this before, be ready to be stunned.

In the first video, a player passes the ball to a teammate who is running at the same pace four metres behind him. The video, when correctly analysed, clearly shows the ball travelling four metres backwards. The optical illusion is that it appears to drift 2 metres forward.

Total optical deception: 6 metres!

That is, the eye is deceived in making the judgement on what is a forward pass by a total of 6 metres. The referee in making a judgement must disregard whether the ball travels forward, and look at the correct key indicators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylg

Rex said:
See the optical illusion revealed here. If you haven't seen this before, be ready to be stunned.

In the first video, a player passes the ball to a teammate who is running at the same pace four metres behind him. The video, when correctly analysed, clearly shows the ball travelling four metres backwards. The optical illusion is that it appears to drift 2 metres forward.

Total optical deception: 6 metres!

That is, the eye is deceived in making the judgement on what is a forward pass by a total of 6 metres. The referee in making a judgement must disregard whether the ball travels forward, and look at the correct key indicators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylg

Very interesting, thanks for that.

As an added bonus, those watching shall see the biggest tackle ever made in Union.

So in finishing this thread I think we can all agree that a Thurston forward pass carries less weight then a Hiku forward pass and are penalised accordingly.

Seems a forward pass is now ok looking at the Storm's 2nd last try. And that was with players standing still!

Storm stars been reffin' this game all night.

Brissie Kid said:
Seems a forward pass is now ok looking at the Storm's 2nd last try. And that was with players standing still!

Storm stars been reffin' this game all night.

I still can't get over that call. The reciever was actually in front of the player throwing the ball (Chambers?).

Massive call in terms of the game as well, Warriors looked like they could just hold on & strangle the life out of the game before that moment. But then, that's just kind of par for the course when the Storm are playing I guess.

Shocking calls all night. How can a video referee over rule a touch judge on a 40/20 call that on replay was very close to the 20m line? The touchie putting his flag up is no different to the referee indicating try before going to the video. The video wasn't so obviously clear that it wasn't a 40/20. But Billy had a squeal & the video referee intervened so then Storm got the feed and a try on the next set. Let's not even mention Slater impersonating a beached mullet like Michael Hancock at his finest to milk a hold down when HE WAS ON TOP OF THE TACKLER FFS!!!!!!!! Michael Potter was right.

Yeah that try changed the game. Can't believe they got away with that. No, wait its the scum. They get away with it all the time.

The Warriors got totally CHECCINED. How this little prick keeps getting a first grade gig is beyond me. What a pathetic refs performance tonight. No surprise though considering the big 3 also ref the games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6