• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Also Snake and George Rose are up Saturday evening at the 4 Pines members live event - 2011 Grand Final.

Now that’s a highlight reel!!

As much as the tries were incredible (when he threw his head back you just knew it was shut the gates), I can’t get over his hands and defence. Some of those tackles were epic!

So grateful he is back in the fold.

I reckon Turbo's amazing defense in the first rounds this year has come from Snake tutoring especially in respect of anticipation and positional play. Snake is still having a huge influence on this might club. I'd love to see Gifty become involved helping to develop some of our back rowers into clever ball players.

Snake and jamie lyon were elite Finishes who always took good options, had beautiful hands and made everyone else look good.
They made sure pressure counted. Big game players

You throw glenn into the mix and it was a very special attacking core, better than any storm group. It was purely footy based.

In reality none of those players got paid the money they deserved in there playing days to stay at manly . All of them are better than todays million dollar players.

Noone could dispute the ability of Brett Stewart the player, but I really feel he was underestimated and under rated to what he gave the team from the back....he took advantage of the opportunity to guide his players around, particularly defensively and was full on revving the front 12 all game
Watching Tom's game evolve more recently, there is little doubt that Stewart has been in his ear with tips about his verbal contribution and positional play.

Noone could dispute the ability of Brett Stewart the player, but I really feel he was underestimated and under rated to what he gave the team from the back....he took advantage of the opportunity to guide his players around, particularly defensively and was full on revving the front 12 all game
Watching Tom's game evolve more recently, there is little doubt that Stewart has been in his ear with tips about his verbal contribution and positional play.

Snake was criminally underrated by fans of all the other NRL teams.

Manly fans began accepting that we were no hope of contending without Snake on the field as early as 2009.

The Storm on the other hand marched all the way to a grand final with Munster at fullback instead of Slater and would have won it if Chambers passed to an unmarked Cronk in the final minutes of the match.

To me one player had to literally start from the bottom and help rebuild a club that fought hard to come back from the death. The other player had the huge benefit of always being apart of a finely tuned machine.

I reckon Turbo's amazing defense in the first rounds this year has come from Snake tutoring especially in respect of anticipation and positional play. Snake is still having a huge influence on this might club. I'd love to see Gifty become involved helping to develop some of our back rowers into clever ball players.
Jake is our new forward/half, would be wonderful to have the brothers teaching the brothers.

We were blessed to have him.... the guy was a machine, i love that hes back with us.. you could see some of him in turbo especially those try saving tackles

Tom's game has gone to another level since Des brought Snake back to the club. He was one of the best anyway, but he still made a lot of errors in both attack and defence. Since he's had Snake guiding his progress, he's arguably become the best fullback in the game (not just the NRL). He's better than Tedesco, better than RTS, better than Gutho and an absolute $hitload better than Mitchell.

Strange situation though. Although he's become the best fullback in the game, because of his ability to also play the three quarters equally as good, and because they won't leave Tedesco out of the NSW or Australian teams while he's playing well, Tom will most likely play most of at least the first half of his rep career without the #1 on his back.

And the scary thing is that I don't think he's anywhere near his peak, he still has improvement in him. But he can't have any better teacher than Brett Stewart.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8