Snake Interview on Sportal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Sportal will have an interview with Snake today. Questions to be provided by the public. You can be assured that he will ignore any question relating to FOZ and DCE and their future. I would also be surprised if Choc, Gift or Toovs get a mention.

So put your question forward and see if it is answered.

Waste of time that was. Who arranged it? If it was the club they need to re-think their media strategy. All that come out of that is Brett Stewart and Willy Mason saying they won't be happy if they have to give their phones to the Integrity commission. Whats the bet that is all that ends up on the news. Why does't Manly hire a gun Chief Information Officer to control all this media garbage.

Snake refused to answer any questions regarding anyone's contract. Mason was a little more forthcoming and fielded a few more questions

Interesting that someone asked will Manly be in disarray if both halves leave and Willy said "I don't think thats going to happen, but if it does they will all get on with it"

Love him or hate him it is always when big Willy ditches all the clichés and says what he thinks.Wish there was more of it.

Brett Stewart is a walking, talking billboard for clichés and saying nothing remotely interesting in media interviews.
He plays good footy, but his taciturn attitude continues to let him down. By the way Brett, these are your opportunities to reach out and respond to your adoring fans with some positive words.....ho hum.

Brett Stewart is a walking, talking billboard for clichés and saying nothing remotely interesting in media interviews.
He plays good footy, but his taciturn attitude continues to let him down. By the way Brett, these are your opportunities to reach out and respond to your adoring fans with some positive words.....ho hum.

Brookvale Royalty. No words required, just keep being a gun and that'll do me.

To be fair the media have done him no favours, but It would be wise to just say "no I wont be going to Parra with choc" instead of saying no comment.

Interesting to hear what head of football has to say about all this.

Brett is a great fullback, shame to miss an opportunity to impress.

Brett's probably just as unmotivated with all the bull**** a lot of us fans are. I expect us to have a very ordinary season.

I hope it screws the value these halves are placing on themselves.

Look, BS is a brilliant player and I feel very lucky to have watched his career, after enjoying the great Wombat. Having said that, his media savvy is piss poor. If (I said IF) he is still carrying a gripe over his treatment in the past by the media then he is a very silly boy. Like everything in life you forgive and move on, not because it's right, but because it's better for your own soul.

I dont blame Brett one bit for not overly contributing too much to the media when they were so fast to crucify him in 2009. I also think that Brett is a bit shy in front of the media as a rule.

Fantastic quotes from Brett and willie about the integrity commission though! Well done.

Sorry, SStand, but that would be dumb. Grudges hurt nobody except the one carrying them. This is not about righteousness. Yes, much of what Brett endured was horrendous and unfair, very easy to justify and tap into the injustice of it. BUT, that doesn't help Brett one bit. Seriously, that was 2009. If he is still carrying that then I would strongly urge him to go get some professional help

Gees some of you have short memories.
There's a really good reason brett doesn't do much for the media. Why don't you blokes wind the clocks back almost 6 years ago when he was assionated by the media for something he didn't do. Id be the same if it happened to me.

If you know brett and know the person he is you would know the guys is a quality person

Sorry, SStand, but that would be dumb. Grudges hurt nobody except the one carrying them. This is not about righteousness. Yes, much of what Brett endured was horrendous and unfair, very easy to justify and tap into the injustice of it. BUT, that doesn't help Brett one bit. Seriously, that was 2009. If he is still carrying that then I would strongly urge him to go get some professional help

It's all well and good to go all "hippie" on us, but put yourself in his shoes. Can you imagine what the guy went through? He spent every minute of 18 months with a potential jail sentence hanging over his head (contemplate the anxiety), his GF and family were put through hell, his reputation completely shattered, and the media dined out on the story like it was episode of days of our lives. I wouldn't blame the guy if he retired from football there and then and went into hiding far up in the mountains of the Himalayas. When you've faced such adversity, then you can speak of "soul cleansing" on Brett's behalf.

OK Bomback. Are you perhaps just tapping into your own experiences of injustices and projecting them onto this situation? It is pretty easy for us Aussies (and perhaps even more specifically for us as Manly fans)

How does holding a grudge 6 years later help Brett in any way, shape or form? Do you seriously recommend he spend his life holding onto anger, punishing himself? And if you don't know what surprised anger does to your physiology I recommend you study and get up to speed. Your body doesn't care whether your anger is justified or not, it creates the same negative cascade of responses.

As I mentioned, I feel very privileged to have watched Brett play over his career. My concern is over him still holding bitterness over the past (IF that is the case). Not because I don't agree it was unfair, but because it just hurts himself and stops him from being an even happier and greater person.

I think you are still missing the point. I agree. The injustice is completely understandable. Doesn't help Brett though.

It's all well and good to go all "hippie" on us, but put yourself in his shoes. Can you imagine what the guy went through? He spent every minute of 18 months with a potential jail sentence hanging over his head (contemplate the anxiety), his GF and family were put through hell, his reputation completely shattered, and the media dined out on the story like it was episode of days of our lives. I wouldn't blame the guy if he retired from football there and then and went into hiding far up in the mountains of the Himalayas. When you've faced such adversity, then you can speak of "soul cleansing" on Brett's behalf.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6