Snake Interview on Sportal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be fair the media have done him no favours, but It would be wise to just say "no I wont be going to Parra with choc" instead of saying no comment.
Come on-he needs to move on from tha
Gees some of you have short memories.
There's a really good reason brett doesn't do much for the media. Why don't you blokes wind the clocks back almost 6 years ago when he was assionated by the media for something he didn't do. Id be the same if it happened to me.

If you know brett and know the person he is you would know the guys is a quality person
Please read HK Eagle's comments above-I think he covers this quite succinctly.
How dare the assionate him-unforgivable

Come on-he needs to move on from that

Please read HK Eagle's comments above-I think he covers this quite succinctly.
How dare the assionate him-unforgivable

"Moving on" from "that" is none of any "supporters" business. And in my opinion, I do not see how anyone can place judgmental viewpoint on complicated circumstances that you could not possibly come close to knowing as intimately as the individual involved.

Do not get me started on the whole footy player "role model" crap. Some of you people really do need to just enjoy the actual game of football in front of you more and the self entitled intrusive judgment of others less.

I dont blame Brett one bit for not overly contributing too much to the media when they were so fast to crucify him in 2009. I also think that Brett is a bit shy in front of the media as a rule.
Also lets face it he's hurting the fans not the media. They can write a story if they want about the fact he was being uncooperative. But for players the media is the conduit to their fans who eat it up. I think it demonstrates a lack of maturity and hurts his marketablity

www.beyondblue.org.au/

Man, that is really as low as you get too be honest. To make light of such a serious subject, that affects so many people. That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel Jatz. Ok, you'll attempt to reply with a quip steering it back to my comments or whatever, but jeez - that's just really poor form whatever your reply is.

I hope no-one commits suicide that is close to you Jatz through depression or whatever - heck, maybe it would be a good life lesson - but far out....I really don't know what to say - just scummy - to the core.

Man, that is really as low as you get too be honest. To make light of such a serious subject, that affects so many people. That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel Jatz. Ok, you'll attempt to reply with a quip steering it back to my comments or whatever, but jeez - that's just really poor form whatever your reply is.

I hope no-one commits suicide that is close to you Jatz through depression or whatever - heck, maybe it would be a good life lesson - but far out....I really don't know what to say - just scummy - to the core.

No Ryan, it actually isnt scraping any barrel at all.

I have read your comments for years. I have read your comments of late.

Your second paragraph is just so you.

No Ryan, it actually isnt scraping any barrel at all.

I have read your comments for years. I have read your comments of late.

Your second paragraph is just so you.

Ok mate, if that's what you think ....no worries. Guess this is how society has regressed these days. Just sad really.

How so? You don't think it's immature for a grown man to hold onto a grudge 6 years later

The fact that you think you know what its like to be Brett Stewart (or any professional sports person) and in particular the emotional, legal, professional, familial, personal, he dealt with during and after that period of his life is indicative.

If its your opinion that he is immature for not meeting your needs in an interview then that is your maturity issue, not his.

The fact that you think you know what its like to be Brett Stewart (or any professional sports person) and in particular the emotional, legal, professional, familial, personal, he dealt with during and after that period of his life is indicative.

If its your opinion that he is immature for not meeting your needs in an interview then that is your maturity issue, not his.
Lol I feel like telling you you're a moron. There is a lot wrong with what you just said. I don't claim to understand all of his inner feelings or experiences. But when I have the ****s at work for whatever reason and a lot of the time it can be for quite bad things I don't let it be shown because that would be unprofessional.

This is his workplace he should represent himself and the club in a manner the club deserves not act disinterested for whatever reason. Media responsibility is part and parcel of life as a professional athlete. He's a 30 year old man smile put on a nice attitude even if it's fake and present yourself and the club in a professional manner. Maybe someone will throw some cash at you to represent their product.

If you take the dollars play the part and be a good representative of the club. I've seen him do it before really well but he seems to get very hit and miss

Really? Haven't heard the interview but some have a knack for the media and others don't.
Snake talks on the field.

Lol I feel like telling you you're a moron.

As if I or anyone else expected any different.

I don't claim to understand all of his inner feelings or experiences. But when I have the ****s at work for whatever reason and a lot of the time it can be for quite bad things I don't let it be shown because that would be unprofessional.

Your job and your workplace is irrelevant. It isnt the same job or workplace. Its quite obvious your work has no relevance to a media interview Brett Stewart did today. Any comparison you make is not only irrelevant & unsubstantiated but meaningless in comparison..

This is his workplace he should represent himself and the club in a manner the club deserves, not act disinterested for whatever reason.

Please point us all to the bit in the Manly policies manual and the bit in Bretts contract that says he must " smile, put on a nice attitude even if it's fake" and for comedy sake, while your there could you please point us all to the bit that says the "lurker" deems what is and what isnt acceptable as the definition as "professional" and what to say or do in a media event.

Ok mate, if that's what you think ....no worries. Guess this is how society has regressed these days. Just sad really.

I could say plenty in reply but at least I have some decorum and I would never mention other more private confidential posts relevant to this subject that involved you and others.

So man up Ryan & stop playing the victim.

Sorry Jatz. Yes, as a modern professional sportsperson (and to justify the bucks he is making) then yes, part of his job is how he presents himself to the media. That's not necessarily written into a contract, that's common sense of understanding the politics of how professional sports works.

As for "playing the victim" isn't that exactly what we are suggesting BS shouldn't do? But you want us to imagine what poor Brett has suffered as if nobody else in this world has also suffered injustices. Injustice and mistakes are part of life, how you respond to them determine the person.

I will repeat this once more as you may actually read it and consider it for a moment. I empathise for what Brett went through and I understand the feeling of injustice involved. That said, for his own sake (not mine and not yours) I wold hope he resolves any grudge and moves on.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6