Smalley

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Out of that disaster apparently Smalleys to blame. 2nd first grade game. Playing in a divided team.
By the time Smalley got beaten by that peach of a pass from Hynes to Ikuvalu it was already 18-0.
‘Why isn’t there a thread about Guacamole’s pathetic goal line defence. Letting Moylan just waltz past himself and De Lui. Or the one before we’re Royce Hunt just swats off Guac, Croker, and Walker to score. The Sharks came straight thru the front door. And the other try Smalley let in, well have a look at the pic (below). It’s 3 on 1. Smalleys got three coming at him. We got stripped for numbers, what’s the bloke suppose to do? Fkn pisses me off when ppl put the boot into a bloke that knows he’s punching above his weight, but he’s giving it a red hot crack only to be singled out as the worst Manly winger ever! FMD! But they won’t go after the forwards who were pathetic. The lot of them. Shameful display.
End of rant.

View attachment 22033
Agree, unfortunately we were sitting on the hill in that corner. The couple bombs they put up, Koula was nowhere and Parker thought it best to try to be a blocker (which he did poorly) whilst obviously neglecting to tell Smalley that he should try and catch the ball.
With the grubber, it was always coming after the tries from bombs, better players than him have been undone in that situation but it was like watching a car crash in slow motion - we all saw it coming but couldn't do anything about it.

One thing that was really telling about where we are at right know and disappointed me the most was that no-one came over to Smalley and let him know it was okay ( I know it wasn't but a 2 game rookie has been thrown to the lions twice now). Parker looked just as sheepish as he did. There was lots of sideways glances and heads down but that was about it.

Gauc was going for a strip on the try line after his previous open field successful one but certainly not the right action . Would have got penalized anyway but could n 't see much wrong with his overall defensive efforts and didn "t seem to lack effort with his carries . Still not getting the ball regularly in some better attacking positions . Think that he also took a bomb when falling back to help the guys at the back . Some. soft tries but unfortunately on their line , not a good read with Hynes 's try either , Be a huge loss if they let Gauc go , surely things can settle down for him and people get off his back to help matters
There’s no way I’d want Guac gone (he has been my favourite player for some time).My pissed off point I made about him last night was that was his worst defensive effort I can remember. Now I will defend him by saying the obvious. #Jerseygate, #One of the 7, # the gang signs last week, # of course the big one, seeing his best mate found guilty and jailed would’ve (did) have a huge negative impact on his game.
Now where a no show for the finals, I’d be inclined to give him a week off. It’s obvious his heads not right. I think you all know my stance on Mental health. Get in front of the problem proactively, instead of waiting for the unthinkable . To quote Gus Worland, "the days of mental health awareness is not good enough, it is time for real action to be taken".

There’s no way I’d want Guac gone (he has been my favourite player for some time).My pissed off point I made about him last night was that was his worst defensive effort I can remember. Now I will defend him by saying the obvious. #Jerseygate, #One of the 7, # the gang signs last week, # of course the big one, seeing his best mate found guilty and jailed would’ve (did) have a huge negative impact on his game.
Now where a no show for the finals, I’d be inclined to give him a week off. It’s obvious his heads not right. I think you all know my stance on Mental health. Get in front of the problem proactively, instead of waiting for the unthinkable . To quote Gus Worland, "the days of mental health awareness is not good enough, it is time for real action to be taken".
Some wise and helpful words and suggestions there . Was probably good that Des gave him a break towards the end of the game . Has to be still playing on his mind a bit with Manase 's situation and some form of a frustration level in the fairly intense level of an N R L game and especially when things are not going that great for his side in general . Really not that insightful enough on mental health aspects to know whether a break would be beneficial for him , on the converse side , maybe could be just as helpful for him to just keep his normal footy routine going , engaging with his team mates and just pushing through the difficult stage experience . Sorry for any impression that i may have been having a go at you with any of your posts concerning Gauc , certainly wasn "t but just seemed in some posts , almost a type of Salem witch hunt approach to Gauc and some of the other group who chose that unfortunate jersey decision . Sill apportion most of the flak and criticism for that on some section of the club administration . Could or should have been managed and handled so much better and professionally . Anyway , good post again

Out of that disaster apparently Smalleys to blame. 2nd first grade game. Playing in a divided team.
By the time Smalley got beaten by that peach of a pass from Hynes to Ikuvalu it was already 18-0.
‘Why isn’t there a thread about Guacamole’s pathetic goal line defence. Letting Moylan just waltz past himself and De Lui. Or the one before we’re Royce Hunt just swats off Guac, Croker, and Walker to score. The Sharks came straight thru the front door. And the other try Smalley let in, well have a look at the pic (below). It’s 3 on 1. Smalleys got three coming at him. We got stripped for numbers, what’s the bloke suppose to do? Fkn pisses me off when ppl put the boot into a bloke that knows he’s punching above his weight, but he’s giving it a red hot crack only to be singled out as the worst Manly winger ever! FMD! But they won’t go after the forwards who were pathetic. The lot of them. Shameful display.
End of rant.

View attachment 22033
I thought he went ok for the exception off a couple mistakes but done some good things.

This is a great post. It was shared by Keppie. Kindness to yourself and to others goes a long way.

End of rant.

View attachment 22033
Agree with you 100%
Same as per @Seagles68 said earlier, my post was more a hit to myself, because I put the mock on him.
I thought he did fantastic for the first 20 as soon as I said that he some bad luck and went south.
He likes the big hits too.

Well the muppet isn't playing this week. So Dessie got this one correct.
Hopefully Raymond Vaega takes his opportunity.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6