Smalley

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A couple of mistakes last night cruelled his game. I was about 20 metres behind his attempt at batting the ball away ... like a slow motion car crash ... "he's got this ... he's got this ... whoa fmd" ... but yeh sht happens, not gonna judge him on last night's game too harshly.

He may not get another chance at first grade and I wish him well. He was good in his first game (rainbowgate).

These days wingers have to be safe under the highball, fast and strong ball runners (tall doesn't hurt). Almost second set of fullbacks. A couple to Tupou clones would fit the bill.

A couple of mistakes last night cruelled his game. I was about 20 metres behind his attempt at batting the ball away ... like a slow motion car crash ... "he's got this ... he's got this ... whoa fmd" ... but yeh sht happens, not gonna judge him on last night's game too harshly.

He may not get another chance at first grade and I wish him well. He was good in his first game (rainbowgate).

These days wingers have to be safe under the highball, fast and strong ball runners (tall doesn't hurt). Almost second set of fullbacks. A couple to Tupou clones would fit the bill.
I’d suggest Saab and Garrick fit that bill perfectly

Ok I'll put my hand up, my fault, I put the mock on him.
Thought he had a solid first 20, no sooner I said that to the Eaglet it went south for him very quickly.
I gave myself an uppercut

Ok I'll put my hand up, my fault, I put the mock on him.
Thought he had a solid first 20, no sooner I said that to the Eaglet it went south for him very quickly.
I gave myself an uppercut
You weren't alone. I was thinking the same thing at the ground last night. He was really having a dig but that fumble and coming miles off his wing for the 1st half try, didn't do his confidence (or mine) alot of good. So I'll share the responsibility

Out of that disaster apparently Smalleys to blame. 2nd first grade game. Playing in a divided team.
By the time Smalley got beaten by that peach of a pass from Hynes to Ikuvalu it was already 18-0.
‘Why isn’t there a thread about Guacamole’s pathetic goal line defence. Letting Moylan just waltz past himself and De Lui. Or the one before we’re Royce Hunt just swats off Guac, Croker, and Walker to score. The Sharks came straight thru the front door. And the other try Smalley let in, well have a look at the pic (below). It’s 3 on 1. Smalleys got three coming at him. We got stripped for numbers, what’s the bloke suppose to do? Fkn pisses me off when ppl put the boot into a bloke that knows he’s punching above his weight, but he’s giving it a red hot crack only to be singled out as the worst Manly winger ever! FMD! But they won’t go after the forwards who were pathetic. The lot of them. Shameful display.
End of rant.

8298FAB7-45C0-4AC9-8E2C-494A3D1FC1AF.png

Out of that disaster apparently Smalleys to blame. 2nd first grade game. Playing in a divided team.
By the time Smalley got beaten by that peach of a pass from Hynes to Ikuvalu it was already 18-0.
‘Why isn’t there a thread about Guacamole’s pathetic goal line defence. Letting Moylan just waltz past himself and De Lui. Or the one before we’re Royce Hunt just swats off Guac, Croker, and Walker to score. The Sharks came straight thru the front door. And the other try Smalley let in, well have a look at the pic (below). It’s 3 on 1. Smalleys got three coming at him. We got stripped for numbers, what’s the bloke suppose to do? Fkn pisses me off when ppl put the boot into a bloke that knows he’s punching above his weight, but he’s giving it a red hot crack only to be singled out as the worst Manly winger ever! FMD! But they won’t go after the forwards who were pathetic. The lot of them. Shameful display.
End of rant.

View attachment 22033
100% agree W, fans crucifying Smalley for this and a dropped catch is ridiculous. Smalley had a strong game defensively, came of his wing on 2 occasions to snuff out try scoring situations. I get that we got hammered once again, but to turn on guys like Smalley who's having a red hot crack is just overkill in my book.

Certainly did not see him doing any dumb plays like some of his team mates , Whole hearted and and spirited effort , got a few things wrong but again , certainly was not the only Manly player on that count and good effort all round . .

Yeah, my earlier post was having a dig at myself for bringing him bad luck coz he was certainly having a go. He did some good carries, a couple of good hits and one very good catch in traffic in the 2nd half. And whilst he's not ready for a regular FG spot, a lot of his more experinced team mates didn't do much to help him out.

End of rant.

View attachment 22033
Well said, I’ll go with you on this one, our forwards were bog average, the lot of them, they let the club down, their fans down but more importantly they let themselves down, defensively through the middle they were embarrassing, especially Guac, with the ball they were no better, they are lazy, they have no line speed, they don’t work as pack, there’s so much more to add but what’s the point, anyone who wants to defend them, go right ahead, got the feeling there won’t be too many accepters.

Let him train in that role for more than a week or two and he may get better...
There are plenty of others in our squad who do not have any further 'upside'' potential..
Defensive efforts were very weak across the park on Sat afternoon and our 'offense' was absolutely impotent...
I actually felt sorry for Foz who seemed to be the one bloke working his ass off...

Gauc was going for a strip on the try line after his previous open field successful one but certainly not the right action . Would have got penalized anyway but could n 't see much wrong with his overall defensive efforts and didn "t seem to lack effort with his carries . Still not getting the ball regularly in some better attacking positions . Think that he also took a bomb when falling back to help the guys at the back . Some. soft tries but unfortunately on their line , not a good read with Hynes 's try either , Be a huge loss if they let Gauc go , surely things can settle down for him and people get off his back to help matters

Gauc was going for a strip on the try line after his previous open field successful one but certainly not the right action . Would have got penalized anyway but could n 't see much wrong with his overall defensive efforts and didn "t seem to lack effort with his carries . Still not getting the ball regularly in some better attacking positions . Think that he also took a bomb when falling back to help the guys at the back . Some. soft tries but unfortunately on their line , not a good read with Hynes 's try either , Be a huge loss if they let Gauc go , surely things can settle down for him and people get off his back to help matters
Don't agree with the goal-line effort... to my eye he just got bumped off...
Thought he tried in attack but there were a couple of other moments where I thought his defensive efforts were not to his usual standard... jmo...

Don't agree with the goal-line effort... to my eye he just got bumped off...
Thought he tried in attack but there were a couple of other moments where I thought his defensive efforts were not to his usual standard... jmo...
could be right , just got the impression that he initially had a decent holt but then tried a raking or stripping action , Either way , not the best method at denying a very stoppable try .

Ikuvalu looked far better and he is another one of our juniors who slipped through the recruitment net

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6