Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the youth of shcuster is the deceiver. if you ignore the noise and speculation and just look at him as a player , he is more a modern nik kosef style of player or wade graham. As he gets older i think that will become more evident
Schuster is a very deceptive runner and for such a big lad , does have a bit of the Kosef attacking style but think that he is more mobile then Nick and has shown already that he is no slough in defence either . May have an ongoing issue for a while with the odd error but what a talented and strong running player to have in Manly colours and for hopefully many seasons to come .

Interesting that both Foz and Davey were both signed to 2 year deals with the option for the 2nd year in the clubs favour. It's entirely possible that the plan was always to only keep one of them depending on where Schuster ended up fitting in.

I have watched Latu play last couple of years in the juniors. I would put this kid in same special category as the Shu. Very talented. Just got to keep his head down and stay out of trouble. i have also got some big wraps on his brother Samuela. Big fast mobile young prop. Came close to MOM in the SG Ball semi earlier this year. Add in Sione and we could have half our team spread between the Fainu's and the Trbojevcs.

Re the Shu.....I don't see him playing 5/8. He is only going to get bigger and stronger and I think far more damaging from 2nd row. He will be brilliant either way.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Being big and strong though is actually a plus for five eighth in today's game as long as the player has agility, speed (he's surprisingly fast especially off the mark with a great swerve and fend), good defence, a good kicking game and is outstanding at setting up his supports. Schuster has it all. The only area that worries me is that those with great side steps and swerves often have knee problems later in their career.

As I've suggested from my observations, second row stunts his skill. Even Des has stated that he sees him as a No 6, implying that he is just biding his time until Foran retires. Look at Douelhi. He even plays half in some games and towers over DCE who isnt short. Noted though he's lighter than Shu but he's not small.

Schuster isnt playing 5/8 at present because having Foran (as long as he stays fit and gosh he's surprised me at how well he's going) gives Manly an extra string in the attacking bow, having four play makers in Schuster, Turbo, DCE and Foran. A wealth of talent there unrivalled by any other team I would suspect.

Having said all that, Latu may add a further dimension if he continues to develop if he's as good as you are suggesting. However it turns out, things are looking bright for Manly's future as long as they can retain their top group of players and injuries don't haunt them.

Was always a big fan of sirro but feel like he shouldn't be in this side. . Ide rather see de Louis get the spot than sirro .. at this point in their careers I don't see much upside putting the injury prone old guy In over the young blokes

Couple missed tackles and no threat in attack i guess he hadnt played for a while though to his defence. Still never looks to pass

First game back, finding his way. I think the Manly team that play now is totally different to the one he last played for.

This team is expansive and fast and Sirro will get there with a few games under his belt. Nice that we have some depth in the run in.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8