Sironen and Paseka gone for the season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tom, Siro and Ginga Ninja are serial walking injuries. DCE is not too far behind. Jorge also, though he has had a reasonable year in that regard. And that is not even considering the overall injury count numbers we seem to deal with year in year out these days.

I got an idea
Let’s continue to post how forlorn it is and how we have no hope

Just to make sure we get the point across, we could then begin another thread about wasting our time turning up to watch our first semi final at Brookvale

That way the players could run out with no support and we could really show them we don’t believe in them and they are just a pack of reserve graders

How dare our players bust their ass & get injured and spoil the party of some our supporters on here .The hide of them

An empty brookie for the playoff against the Broncos would be great way to end the season or alternatively we could ask Des to give them a call and forfeit to save embarrassing some supporters

I reckon Jake would be all for giving up and be hoping no one turns up this week

Fair dinkum

In the late 70,s we won about 5 sudden death games in 14 days and continued to pick ourselves off the canvases against all odds

Last week we were one Marty play the ball away from winning the game

We will beat the Broncs this week and I will make sure I turn up and cheer louder than I ever have

For those who have thrown in the towel

Don’t turn up if you don’t believe and go support another team

We hate you too

Go Manly

I got an idea
Let’s continue to post how forlorn it is and how we have no hope

Just to make sure we get the point across, we could then begin another thread about wasting our time turning up to watch our first semi final at Brookvale

That way the players could run out with no support and we could really show them we don’t believe in them and they are just a pack of reserve graders

How dare our players bust their ass & get injured and spoil the party of some our supporters on here .The hide of them

An empty brookie for the playoff against the Broncos would be great way to end the season or alternatively we could ask Des to give them a call and forfeit to save embarrassing some supporters

I reckon Jake would be all for giving up and be hoping no one turns up this week

Fair dinkum

In the late 70,s we won about 5 sudden death games in 14 days and continued to pick ourselves off the canvases against all odds

Last week we were one Marty play the ball away from winning the game

We will beat the Broncs this week and I will make sure I turn up and cheer louder than I ever have

For those who have thrown in the towel

Don’t turn up if you don’t believe and go support another team

We hate you too

Go Manly
Broncs are Sivo's fodder :D

Manly will jump the Sharks or tame the Tigers next Saturday :rock:

Lets go Manly
giphy.gif

Most of these injuries occured on wet grounds with players slipping the wrong way tearing muscles. Seriously it's a fuking drought but somehow we're the only team that's played the past 5 weeks in 3 wet weather games, lost all of them and suffered about 6 long term injuries because of it. What the fuk ??? Can Greenturd control the fuking weather as well.

We need intensive genetic screening. Go for players with a higher proportion of Neanderthal DNA. They may be a bit slower and less agile but they’ll be hard to break.

We do seem to have much more than our fair share of player injuries. We’ve recruited a number of players who had a poor record of injuries at other clubs which probably hasn’t helped, but we’ve also let go of chronically injured players who left all their injury worries behind them at Brookvale. When Gutho played for us he broke a joint every time he laced on his boots.

Fainu to start, Api to lock and Jake to prop? Thoughts...
Could allow croker or cust to then get a bench spot. We have been torn apart with injuries so I think we need to think a bit outside the box. Api best attributes are his running. at lock he can just run and secure our defence in the middle, it also allows fainu to start and bring in Croker/Cust.
pushing jake to prop strengthens that area. Hopefully Gosiewski and Boyle are back with Oloko-atu??? And T rex providing cover.

I have thought for some time now that I'd love to see Api and Fainu on the field at the same time. At least to mix things up if we need points but Des hasn't gone for that option.

I wonder how Fainu at 6 would go....?

Definitely Croker or Cust to feature somewhere.
Api and Fainu have played together since the Tigers game :nod:

In Friday Nase's injury prevented them :(

Yep. It’s seems more than just chance.
If you go through the injuries, all of them have been impact injuries - just bad luck.

Thomo went for a big hit and swung his forearm into an opponent and broke it, DCE twice had his foot rolled under a tackled opponent, Suli landed with a player on top of his back leg and twisted it, Paeska had another player crash into his knee from the side and bend it side ways, Boyle was affecting a tackle and had his shoulder smashed, Tom slipped in the wet, through out an arm and torn a pec from the impact, Sipley had another player crash into his leg and brake it, Siro had another player smash his foot and fracture it.

Unbelievable

We've played 4 of the last 5 games with only 15 or 14 players. 2 things need to happen for us to win.
1. NO injuries
2. Hold the ball meaning we complete our sets. At least 85% completions and about 55% possession and field position.
That happens we will win.

We need intensive genetic screening. Go for players with a higher proportion of Neanderthal DNA. They may be a bit slower and less agile but they’ll be hard to break.
If you have ever heard of CRISPR technology, a better approach would be clone in some neanderthal DNA, or Fulton DNA, or Cliffy DNA into our current squad.

They will look the same, but express abilities beyond what they currently have, and we can win every comp.

I do suggest giving the Hoppa finger a miss - that might not go down too well :rofl:

NYEagle

Just watched to see Siro's injury.

Walks off 4 minutes into 2nd half after they kick the penalty for Nase' supposed dangerous tackle on Stone :cool:

Siro made about 3 tackles and his feet were clear so must have hurt it before halftime

5:33 left in first half Siro runs up and after being tackled grabs his right leg.

Out for 12 weeks :confused:

Last edited:
If you have ever heard of CRISPR technology, a better approach would be clone in some neanderthal DNA, or Fulton DNA, or Cliffy DNA into our current squad.

They will look the same, but express abilities beyond what they currently have, and we can win every comp.

I do suggest giving the Hoppa finger a miss - that might not go down too well :rofl:

NYEagle
Neanderthals had much thicker fingers than modern humans do. Mix in a bit of Hoppa and the opposition would be running in terror.

I was under the impression that T-Rex has not been granted permission to play in the NRL and that next year an application would be made after his year in Blacktown?

Sheesh

No doubt our backs are to the wall but surely a team containing. AFB, Jake, Api, DCE, and Walker playing on their home ground against hacks like the Sharks or Tigers must have some hope.

Anyway I will be cheering on the Sea Eagles, even if most of you are watching the Swans, Wabballlies, or NuffFL, and if anything over $2.50 is bet I will have my half-hundred on us to win.

Go Manly.

(wonder how many posters on here threw their computers out on NY eve 1999)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8