Siro !!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He looked good. I'm glad he was ready for the game.

Go Siro!

Siro's defence was good and he does run a nice line close to the opposition try line, but i have to say his sideways running in general play hit ups ****s me off a bit. Run straighter Siro!

Siro's defence was good and he does run a nice line close to the opposition try line, but i have to say his sideways running in general play hit ups ****s me off a bit. Run straighter Siro!
I have to agree 100% with the theory of running direct.
Thing is , his game against Sharks and Penrith tonight, were his most direct running games all year....no coincidence....his best by a long way...

The first 20 mins we smashed their forwards. They were on a mission tonight and the props led the way with Jake! Awesome to see.

Sirro did so well for someone who has not played for 2 months. Our right edge in attack has some potency again and his direct running and good hole play enabled him to score a strong try today. Love what he brings to the team and makes our attack much more potent now.

He certainly showed how ordinary Lane has been for us, attack completely changed with Sironen back on the park

He certainly showed how ordinary Lane has been for us, attack completely changed with Sironen back on the park
Unfortunately true...
Had high hopes for Lane but Sirro is by far the option ....
Thing with Sirro - early season , drifted across field looking for runners, today and against Sharks was "I am bigger, faster and stronger than that defender in front"
Direct , and Power running - Awesome to see - except for the bloke he is running over.....

Just may end up being better than his father.

I think he's already better. While Paul Sironen was more like a prop playing in the back row, Curtis has more skills to his game. Both could/can pop an offload, but our Siro has a better passing game, has a kicking game and he is faster than his old man was.

Curtis combines a power game with some finesse while his dad's game was based around his size....i.e. a power game.

Back when Siro Sr. played, he really was a giant compared to most of those around him and that, and the fact that Balmain had Blocker, Benny and Pearce in the pack with him, helped him to be a representative regular for 5 or 6 years. These days the kid is basically the same size as his dad, but he's more of average height for a back rower because they are almost all 6'4 - 6'8 these days.

On form and if fit there is no reason Curtis can't win himself a NSW and Kangaroos jumper in the future and if he hadn't missed the last few weeks might well have been in contention for a spot in Meninga's World Cup squad.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8