Single biggest issue…

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The single biggest issue holding Manly back is:

• Tom’s injuries

Votes: 23 17.3%
  • Lack of forward mobility and leg speed

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • Dessie’s coaching (structures, use of bench, etc.)

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Overall team fitness and conditioning

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • DCE’s leadership and/or contract size

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Lack of genuine 9/threat around the ruck

Votes: 13 9.8%

• Total voters
Bloody hell. Penn's might need to take up golf and take some forward leaders for a hit. We are looking bloody good prospects to break that wooden spoon drought next year.

I love Des and like DCE....BUT i think its time we see two different people doing post games press conferences...

We haven't played back to back final series since 2013-2014....8 years since we made the finals for consecutive seasons!!!

Our captain is just inept... his decisions on the field are just flabbergasting!

Our coach and his inability to move adapt each season is equally as inept.

Anyway, someone needs to be accountable...there needs to be an investigation!

Ultimately it’s the lack of dominance in the middle 3rd which is not allowing us to win games. It’s a bit of chicken and egg re Croker & better middles. A good 9 gets the boys over the advantage line and controls tempo . But an average 9 can look good if the boys are steaming forward.
I would say we need the following in order :
  • a marquee 9
  • a bunch of hard running props with way more mongrel
  • a better coach

Croker is solid , makes his tackles and seems a very good bloke . But he doesn’t have that natural hooker type skill set that the best clubs have.

Players I’d be having a crack at

Nathan Brown
Klemmer
The best up and coming 9 coming through Reggies

Yes but you know how the Rorters do it.

They ( their fans ) say that the players want to play with the club and sign for much less than they’d get anywhere else !!

Yeah and I believe in Unicorns as well.

There would be “ deals “ being done in everything , subsidised housing , free cars , kids schooling , gift cards for groceries and the real doozy “ a post retirement ambassadorship”.

So yes of course Tedesco a 1.2 million a year player probably gets 750k, then another $300k in benefits and then is guaranteed a million a year job for 5 years after he retires.

PS: I’m just making those figures up I really don’t have an idea but that’s how the rich clubs do it.
Remember when Gifty was offered a contract on less than what was considered his worth but were told by the league (Greenberg I think) that it was below his market value and wouldn't be registered and yet the Rorters can do exactly that without question, what a fkn joke the NRL is😡

Ultimately it’s the lack of dominance in the middle 3rd which is not allowing us to win games. It’s a bit of chicken and egg re Croker & better middles. A good 9 gets the boys over the advantage line and controls tempo . But an average 9 can look good if the boys are steaming forward.
I would say we need the following in order :
  • a marquee 9
  • a bunch of hard running props with way more mongrel
  • a better coach

Croker is solid , makes his tackles and seems a very good bloke . But he doesn’t have that natural hooker type skill set that the best clubs have.

Players I’d be having a crack at

Nathan Brown
Klemmer
The best up and coming 9 coming through Reggies

Mate, not a chance that a marquee 9 is top of the list for things we need. Wouldn't even put that in our top 5 at the moment.

I was told once that the difference between most sides is largely what happens in their heads.

Yeah I get that some sides have a few better players than others but largely each side has 2-3 key players, 4-5 really good players , and then your regular first graders , we really aren’t any different.

As an example look at the current Premiers , yes 2-3 key players , another 3-4 that are first class and the rest do the job perfectly.

They are confident, well coached , trust each other in defence and know where to be on attack , so their head space is first class.

They also don’t hang their heads if a mistake is made , they just get on with it.

They are also patient , they can build pressure , and keep the pressure on and eventually the opposition will crack.

Look at us in comparison , we drop the ball on the first set our heads go down and you know we are screwed.

Yesterday we navigated the first few sets ok but couldn’t get across the line with multiple sets on their line so after just 7 minutes , down go the heads.

DCE is guilty of trying too hard , he knows we are in trouble so try’s a miracle play ( which if it works could turn us around but when it doesn’t the reverse happens).

I read often that we are a DUMB football team , yes maybe , but that comes from what’s in their heads more than anything.

How do we fix this ???

Buggered if I know , but we need to !!!

Look Out Oh No GIF by StittsvilleOnPatrol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4