Since i cant clutter every thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Ill keep my replies to this one on all of your King posts that clutter every thread

"I wonder if King coud get 100m in the ESL?"

Well he averages 90m in NRL so most would think he can make another 10m

"A lot will depend on whether it is Fui Fui or King that gets the 160 metres"

You would think there is only 1 prop in this team

what about Bryant/lulu/Rose making 100m for once

When was the last time Lulu made 100m?

Last time King made it was 4 weeks ago off the bench

King is an underperformer and should be doing a lot better than he has.

While the softer grounds of ESL are attactive to him as it will soften the impact when he gets pushed back in the tackle each time he won't play in ESL because morley will be playing there next year.

King last 3 games have been poor - he was playing well up until city/country and most people recognise that.

But then you get this week with a dozen threads on King and what do you hear about 20 metres boy - very very little. What has he done all year - very little.

If there wasnt the hypocrisy you would be reading 1 thread for king for every thread of lulu - That would be looking at the side as a realist.

but apparently i clutter every thread (the top quote came from ryans thread on an ESL backrower - nothing to do with King yet someone managed to clutter that, funny its the same someone who wants to ban me) agenda galore here

How can LuLu, Bryant etc get over 100m when they don't get that much game time?

Just think, if we had three hack back-rowers, then our props might make metres in their place, but Choc makes 120ish most games, and KEnnedy is always in the late 100's.

You might say that why should Robertson keep his wing spot when he doesn't score tries, but if the backline as a whole is scoring them, then does it really matter?

mate only 1 prop gets decent game time - apparently makes no difference acocrding to Sergent showbags twinkletoes

No-one will be banned, and everyone's opinion is appreciated. Come on lads. If your ever blue about things, just remember:-

"In the jungle, the quiet jungle, the Lyon sleeps tonight"
Weeeeeeeoooooeeeeeeooooooeeeeeeeoooooo wimmaway...

Does Minogue have anyone willing to trumpet him as club saviour?

If there be one let me gore him as solidly as Fluffy gets for his slavish devotion to the 38 metre man.

King is on the field far more often than Leuluai and Bryant, and you expect more from a starter than your bench props

I reckon King would average around 40min a game when all the props are available, Bryant and Leuluai would be less than that

KE I agree game time has a lot to do with it - but i dont think King is getting anywhere near 40 minutes. Kite is playing around 50 minutes which leaves 110 mintes for the 4 other props or an average of under 30 minutes each - last week Rose had the most time behind Kite.

KE I agree game time has a lot to do with it - but i dont think King is getting anywhere near 40 minutes. Kite is playing around 50 minutes which leaves 110 mintes for the 4 other props or an average of under 30 minutes each - last week Rose had the most time behind Kite.

That is the one thing missing from stats i reckon, minutes played, can get just about everything else. For the sake of the argument, who is willing to torutre themselves into watching every match this season and calculating the mins played :drunk: :lol:
Only base my assessment on the times i see them on the field, and just seem to see King more on there, and was happy with that pre city country when he looked like turning the corner.

Has been disappointing to see him go backwards lately

RLW puts in minutes played in their stats... might be worth grabbing the next few copies and making a note of it all... might get through to a few

I'd doubt it though

id be interested to know how many minutes our props are getting whilst playing 5 props.

I feel that all bar Kite are being underused and it would be more benefitial to play Glenn Stewart

Rose made 115 metres.

35-40 of which were made when he scored his try, against some of the most inept defence that I ever seen.

115m-40m=85m. Allow 5 metres for which he would have made if he had been tackled by the 1st defender he came to would mean a realist may intperet his real metres gained as 90m.

But then again thats what statistics are, you can interpret them any way you want to suit any arguement you want to put forward.

[quote author=Matabele]
Rose made 115 metres.

35-40 of which were made when he scored his try, against some of the most inept defence that I ever seen.

115m-40m=85m. Allow 5 metres for which he would have made if he had been tackled by the 1st defender he came to would mean a realist may intperet his real metres gained as 90m.

But then again thats what statistics are, you can interpret them any way you want to suit any arguement you want to put forward.
[/quote]

No, that is manipulation of stats, not plain stats

I could muck around with some stuff and take 10 of Stewarts tries off him this year ,coz the opposition missed a tackle, to try and prove some sort of point, but it doesnt change the fact he did score those tries

Effectiveness is also important in assessing a prop and his worth. Certain players make more tackles as they are targetted for more defence - perceived as suspect or weak. King is laterally suspect and does not plug up the middle or have the mobility in the same manner as Kite (for example). His hit ups often lead to him being driven back as he runs so high, he does not contest at the point of the tackle and he is then very slow to play the ball. Other Props are much more efficient in the speed of the play the ball, giving momentum to the attack. I can't say I can every remember King breaking the line or busting through tackles.

Stats don't measure those things! The other issue is that he is supposedly a much vaunted and highly rated prop and yet his club form does not match up to that. He under-performs to his reputation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4