SIGNINGS for 2011 :)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: we now Have 3 signings for 2011

Joe's right regarding DCE. I am positive and looking forward to the new season and to watching the young guys devlop in first grade. However I am not expecting too much from DCE. He has played well enough in Q cup but not enough to indicate he will have a big impact in first grade. I think DCE is much more creative than Hodkinson but his 5th tackle options/kicking game still need a lot of work. I know you guys dont like to hear it but Seu Seu at 5/8 outplayed DCE in Q cup.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=185933.msg305625#msg305625 date=1289455920]
Good to see L Foran coming - gives us another option in the halves where we are very short otherwise.  

I thought Liam had morphed into a hooker these days ? Not all bad though because we are skinny there as well, as I assume that Terry Terry Seu Seu has moved on. A change of pace around dummy half coming off the bench is something we lacked this year. Let's hope he does turn into another Gift.
[/quote]

Liam Higgins baby.

Liam Foran played a few games for the Storm NRL team in 2008.

Also could this be a sneaky way of getting Mitchell Pierce?

Every man and his dog knows how close the Foran boy's are to him.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
NRL: Hasler hails new era
RUGBY LEAGUE
11 NOV 10 @ 04:04PM BY JASON AVEDISSIAN
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/hasler-hails-new-era/

42b9e5787ad9b4db0d26fc9c38a014a1_resized.jpg

Youngster William Hopoate is a face of the Sea Eagles future.
SEA Eagles coach Des Hasler is convinced the club is on the brink of a new era next season, regardless of Manly’s quiet off-season recruitment drive.

The Sea Eagles got back to work this week at the Sydney Sports Academy in Narrabeen.

Only Kangaroos’ forward Anthony Watmough has been absent.

Former representative backs Brett Stewart and David Williams have also been unable to train as they continue their rehabilitation process following long-term injuries.

Newcomers Daniel Harrison (Bulldogs) and Tim Robinson (Parramatta) have been there all week learning the ropes, with another Liam Foran (Warriors) also now joining the club.

But none of these recruits have played NRL football, a fact which doesn’t bother Hasler.

How will Manly go with their next generation? Have your say below.

“We’ve got a lot of young players coming through,” he said on Thursday.

“We didn’t sign any marquee players, but we had five internationals all re-sign.

“Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Glenn Stewart, Anthony Watmough, Kieran Foran, there’s a lot of talent here.”

A lot of established talent, coupled with the introduction of the next generation is what Hasler hopes will ensure a new era at Brookvale.

The likes of William Hopoate, Daly Cherry-Evans, Dean Whare, Jamie Buhrer, James Cunningham, Darcy Lussick and Michael Oldfield will certainly play a role beyond this summer.

“It’s the beginning of the next cycle of players,” Hasler said.

“The next batch of superstars are coming through.”

Hasler said the pre-season period is about “achieving players’ needs” and using the time before Christmas to build towards another campaign.

“We know where we’ve got to improve,” he said.
I can understand Brett still being unable to train but David Williams must be some concern, 9mths after a shoulder reconstrucion and still nursing his injury..Lets hope he gets back to his 2008 form. ???

Not good news to hear that Snake and Wolf still cant train yet. Was hoping they both would get a full pre season behind them. L Foran could be a good pickup as a hooker reserve.

Good to see we're going to blood some youngsters, hopefully they'll kick on and we won't have to chase
marque players from other clubs for a while.

Guys, there's training with the rest of the group in full contact, and there's rehabilitation. I can't see why Des would risk Wolfman 2 months before Christmas in contact drills.

Brett and Wolfy would be training, and will be right in my opinion.

I'd like to see Liam get a gig in the 14 jersey. He did well there for Melbourne when he got a chance.

Old Liam has been at more clubs in a short time than Paris Hilton.  ::)

Darren link said:
Old Liam has been at more clubs in a short time than Paris Hilton.  ::)

ummmm Chris Walker how many has he been to?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289468474[/time]

Ryan link said:
Guys, there's training with the rest of the group in full contact, and there's rehabilitation. I can't see why Des would risk Wolfman 2 months before Christmas in contact drills.

I'd like to see Liam get a gig in the 14 jersey. He did well there for Melbourne when he got a chance.

Same see him very similar to Heath

Liam has had 4 clubs in 3 years but Aruna Tamata has him covered and must be close to Blakey's effort after only a few years in the NRL!!

Ant80 link said:
Also could this be a sneaky way of getting Mitchell Pierce?

Manly have tried to sign Pearce several times with no luck.  We probably need to have his dad at the club as well to have any chance.

Joe Kramer link said:
[quote author=north coast eagle link=topic=185933.msg305624#msg305624 date=1289455711]
DCE was best & fairest as well as rookie of the year, not player of the year though. Whether you get to watch it or not Q cup is a higher standard comp than NSW cup or toyota cup so it stands to reason that we would recruit/ blood our players there.
I agree with the standard of the comps, I think people are over stating the impact that DCE will have this season. some people would have yo believe he is a mixture of Alfie Langer and Geoff Toovey, unless he has improved out of sight Des over looked him when it was a choice between him and Hodkinson, and if Hodkinson ( and we all know how we don't rate him) re signed then DCE was getting no contract so that tells you something. That is the question Des should answer if he is so good then why all the drama about trying to sign hodkinson?
[/quote]

Dce needed a year against men, his body wasn't physically ready for nrl football. His confidence will be sky high after the year he has had in the QLD cup. Add to that another pre-season to add some kg's to his frame and he will better off than where he was this time last year.

Well it was bound to happen, Liam Foran always did say he really wanted to play fisrt togehter with his Bro, guess this is his chance. Lets hope he's up to it.

Just found this news

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/11/13/a-chance-for-local-talent/

One of the club’s players this year, Jason Wardrop, 23, will head to Manly on Monday to train with the NRL club, which has an affiliation with the Sunshine Coast.

The front-rower/lock is expecting to develop his skills and press his claims for an NRL contract at Manly, where he is expected to train until Christmas.

Wardrop played a leading hand with Caloundra when the Sharks claimed the Caloundra RSL premiership last year, before making his mark in the state league with the Sunshine Coast this year.

“He was a standout for the Sea Eagles last season. He’s had a fantastic year,” Sea Eagles assistant coach Nick Paterson said.

The gritty young forward held plenty of promise, Paterson said.

“He’s a strong runner and takes three to four blokes with him every time,” he said.

“Once he’s got a bit of experience he’ll be fine.

“He can develop into an NRL player.”

SCN_13-11-2010_SPORT_08_13a115.IMG_t325.jpg

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289828277[/time]

There's a bloke playing for the Sunny-Coast called Steven King (and I know that's not the spelling....but LoL.)
http://www.sunshineseaeagles.com/profile_Steven%20King.html

Ryan link said:
SCN_13-11-2010_SPORT_08_13a115.IMG_t325.jpg

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289828277[/time]

There's a bloke playing for the Sunny-Coast called Steven King (and I know that's not the spelling....but LoL.)
http://www.sunshineseaeagles.com/profile_Steven%20King.html

Creepy SOB
He hits that hard he killed the turtle

here is another HB option possibly

http://www.sunshineseaeagles.com/news_Sea%20Eagles%20swoop.html
SUNSHINE Coast Gympie Rugby League points-scoring phenomenon Nick Swan is poised to link with the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles.

The talented young halfback is already back in training and is itching to prove his worth in the Intrust Super Cup after steering the Gympie Devils to a belated A-grade premiership.

The Devils’ best back produced some dominant performances during the year to emerge as the local competition’s top points-scorer and now the 20-year-old is intent on making his mark on the state league stage.

“To be honest it (the local competition) is a bit like bush footy. It’s a bit slower and is great for smaller blokes like me,” he said.

Gympie halfback Nick Swan is on the verge of joining the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles.
“It (competing in the Intrust Super Cup) is a big step up but I’d like to play with the Sunshine Coast...I wouldn’t care if I play at six, seven or nine.”

A Gympie junior, Swan moved to Brisbane where he played with the Wynnum-Manly Colts side but he had some personal problems and returned to the Mary River, where he thrived this season.

“I came back to Gympie to sort myself out and it’s paid dividends; I’m enjoying my footy again,” he said.

At just 1.78m and 80kg, Swan would seem a target for hard-running forwards but Gympie’s premiership-winning captain Darren Burns warned rivals not to underestimate the diminutive half.

“He’s a very good defender,” Burns said. “I’ve seen him pick up the occasional forward and put him on his back. He’s not afraid to put the shoulder in.”

A solid ball player who shifts the ball both ways with ease, Swan can also be a destructive runner.

“He’s got a great left-foot step. I’ve seen him score off scrums three or four times this year,” Burns said.

The new season is still five months away but Burns said Swan “is very committed; he’s been training by himself”.

For Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles CEO Justin Veivers, it was hard not to notice Swan’s efforts in 2010 and he will meet with the ambitious youngster this week.

“We’re looking for a bit more depth in the halves and I think Nick could offer us that,” he said.

Ant80 link said:
With Souths signing Inglis, I think it might be time to raid there juniors again

Dylan farrell might be a bit peeved that they signed Inglis and effectively blocked his chances of FG for a while.

Ryan link said:

Theres no way that des would risk Brett and Wolfie so early on, thered be a nice rehab group attending the gym to do light weights, stretching and thearu band work, also light cardio, to name a few (Brett, wolf,smokin joe, rodeny,whare,) all under the guidance of the clubs physios. Then theres the others that would be attending full on cardio sprints and jogs, agility, and weights, all in all they wont start doing full on training as a squad until after christmas !

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2