Signing a coach with basically no first grade experience.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bellamy had no 1st grade coaching experience before Melbourne.
Des Hasler had none prior to Manly.

Can work I guess.
Hmmm both took a while before they started achieving results so i guess we need to have some patience

Yeah, but some of the better ones had coached in ESL or served long apprenticeships under good senior coaches. Barrett has none of this. What's his coaching CV? Country Coach and a short stint under Cleary. I hope I am wrong and I know I am calling it early but I am picking him to be a dud.

You may well be right, but a lot of good people are calling him a good thing . I am prepared to give him a go. As @Ralphie says he failed his first test (selections) and he may well fail a few more, but I have a feeling (gut only) that he will learn and become an outstanding coach.

When most commentators and ex players talk about TB a common thread is his character. He will need every bit of it, as the posters on this forum calling for his public flogging after two games shows, it aint an easy jig.

You may well be right, but a lot of good people are calling him a good thing . I am prepared to give him a go. As @Ralphie says he failed his first test (selections) and he may well fail a few more, but I have a feeling (gut only) that he will learn and become an outstanding coach.

When most commentators and ex players talk about TB a common thread is his character. He will need every bit of it, as the posters on this forum calling for his public flogging after two games shows, it aint an easy jig.

Nah, no public floggings called for from me. He was always going to be on a hiding to nothing. All the bull**** positive over hyped press over the off season to sell memberships from ZtC hasn't helped his cause as it pushed expectations too high.

Anyway, I am sure he's giving it a good go. Like it or not he's our coach and we have to support him. I think most people on here are behind him. Like all I am Hoping a few wins will start coming soon.

He was an assistant from 2012 until last year when it was confirmed he was coming...in addition to his rep footy background (country and Italy)

Unless you want to dig out Brian Smith it is pretty difficult to get a first grade coach...at least a successful one to come on board

Yep he's still on L plates, what he does ( selection wise) to fix our issues will be telling.

I'm hopeful Tuesday's team announcement was purely just a running out of the name sheet from Monday night.

If not that shotgun @Moondog might not be far away.

Can you imagine this forum if we 0 from 8.

Dan will have to shut it down.

Nah, I think Dan and C&C could cash in with another competition. The best death threat post to whichever party/s they deem responsible for the collapse. Not sure of the prize, maybe a horse's head?
I'm thinking of one poster right now, who'd have to be a short priced favorite to win. If we lose to the Sharks, wouldn't be surprised to see some preliminary examples from him!

Its widely acknowledged that Stuart basically capitalised on the hard work previously done by Graham Murray and Phil Gould. Plus he had Gus holding his hand for 2-3 years after.
He also had Carty as his assistant as did Paul Green last year. Some are better assistants then head coaches.

image.jpeg

Some recent results suggest you should not panic just yet e.g.
First year coaches to win premierships
Phil Gould 1988 Bulldogs (although not really that recent)
Michael Hagan 2001 Knights.
Trent Robinson 2013 Roosters.
I am certainly not surprised by the earlyseason results so far.

Are you fair dinkum? "rep footy background"... Country Origin & Italy!!! I know a lot of people on the forum want to defend the bloke but let's at least have an honest discussion. He has zero relevant experience and is a political pick. No one except the Penns and their sock puppet, Bozo could genuinely say he is a better option than Toovey.

Hot tip: Barrett to be gone by round 8 and Bozo to have parachuted in Scott and/or Brett.

Are you fair dinkum? "rep footy background"... Country Origin & Italy!!! I know a lot of people on the forum want to defend the bloke but let's at least have an honest discussion. He has zero relevant experience and is a political pick. No one except the Penns and their sock puppet, Bozo could genuinely say he is a better option than Toovey.

Hot tip: Barrett to be gone by round 8 and Bozo to have parachuted in Scott and/or Brett.

Not going to argue about him being a political pick but 3+ years as an assistant coach has to have some relevancy

Not going to argue about him being a political pick but 3+ years as an assistant coach has to have some relevancy
LEADERS ARE BORN LEADERS!!! THEY DONT SERVE APPRENTICESHIPS THEYRE JUST PUSHED OUT FULLY FORMED ADULTS WITH 300 FIRST GRADE WINS!!!

• 😆
Reactions: lsz

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8