sign Nathan Cleary now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh come on @pjayz, you and I both know that this this site thrives due to the delicate balance of 3 types of posts:
1. YARTs/YATTs/FARTTs
2. Taking the piss out of Parra
3. Dad jokes

Dad jokes make a significant contribution to the culture of the forum and should be respected accordingly.
I stand corrected :happy:

There is a mistake in the header.. Should read Ivan,

I like the header how it is but if it did read Ivan, I'm sure Nathan would follow suit. He'd bring a lot more family talent than our last father-son/ coach-player combo.
I understand bozo's and cleal's son's all failed to carve up like their dads but this Nathan Cleary looks the goods. Would be arkward getting dropped from first grade by your Dad (very arkward dinner conversation)

For the sake of it I'd rather Nathan over Ivan for what we're missing but Who would you rather @Jerry1 ?

Instead of bringing L Brown and co why didn't Barrett look at getting Cleary here. Being assistant coach for the panfers he should of been aware of this your gun.

I'm afraid the sign Cleary ship has sailed.

It has been YART on here for at least 2 years. Same with Frizell.

Given we went after a Young half in elgy, you do wonder if recruitment thought they were too young, too small or if we did have a chat.

Let's just hope they make some wiser choices for next year because apparently this year has been our worst losing record at Brookie in the clubs 70 year history.
As a supporter I expect some lean years but at this point in time the club feels directionless.

I think we should look very closely at signing upcoming Penrith juniors if the alternative is signing 30+ year old journeymen.

I am sure we have some equally talented juniors but we either:
a) Don't have enough of them
b) Aren't coaching them to the best of their abilities.
c) Are releasing them to other clubs (contract or not)
d) All of the above

Having said that, right now we do not look like an appealing destination for promising junior talent. I hope this changes quickly.

I think we should look very closely at signing upcoming Penrith juniors if the alternative is signing 30+ year old journeymen.

I am sure we have some equally talented juniors but we either:
a) Don't have enough of them
b) Aren't coaching them to the best of their abilities.
c) Are releasing them to other clubs (contract or not)
d) All of the above

Having said that, right now we do not look like an appealing destination for promising junior talent. I hope this changes quickly.

a) is pretty spot on, if you're comparing us to Penrith. I'd go so far as to say get our scouts out to Penrith JRL games and keep an eye on the kids that are just missing out on their rep sides, there would be quality there if someone nurtured it.

Not only is their junior catchment massive, it really is a league heartland. As much as soccer and Aussie rules have made inroads in certain areas, there still is a 'yer dad and yer grandad played league, you'll be starting in under 6s when ya turn 4' culture out that way.

Dad joke ... You are banned from any further attempts at humour

Oh come on @pjayz, you and I both know that this this site thrives due to the delicate balance of 3 types of posts:
1. YARTs/YATTs/FARTTs
2. Taking the piss out of Parra
3. Dad jokes

Dad jokes make a significant contribution to the culture of the forum and should be respected accordingly.

I guess when it comes to Dad jokes and YARTs you have to draw the Lyon somewhere.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6