Siebold bench selection - please explain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gus was trying to suggest the big bench was because the coach knew it would rain, but Guac scored, before Gus got all his words out.

After the Storm game, coaches might have wanted a front row battle it out to keep that up tempo hunger in the forwards?

But yeah as expected ya need a back

Could have been due to a number of reasons.
Maybe weekes was being disciplined for poor behaviour.
Maybe they are giving him some time at FB in reserves because they expected Tom to be in origin and want weekes to play there during the period.
Maybe they wanted him to get some match fitness cause he hasn’t had much time of late.
If either above are true and looking at reserves team there was no one they could bring up as a utility. Toby was injured, Gordon is development, not sure about Humpheys, Roach is unfit, Fainu was making his debut.

As soon as we all saw our bench had 4 big forwards and no Weekes (or any other utility ) we all feared the same thing.

What if the clearly struggling Turbo breaks down mid game?
What if the clearly struggling Schuster breaks down mid game?
What if god forbid another back is injured mid game?

And hey bingo, we had ALL 3 of the above happen.

Against any other team but the poor awful Tigers we'd have likely lost.

Please explain how the coaches could possibly have agreed on this???

Someone has got to be accountable.
I didn’t like the look of the bench, I thought they should have stuck with Weekes over Woods.

However the Sharks use 4 forwards on the bench and have been successful..

I didn’t like the look of the bench, I thought they should have stuck with Weekes over Woods.

However the Sharks use 4 forwards on the bench and have been successful..
Don't forget McInnes acts as a back up hooker, and they often have Trindall as additional utility. Plus they have Nikore and Talakai who play 2nd row and equally as effective at centre. They have a wonderfully balanced line up

Found it strange Weekes was not there also, but a few things I do know.
There's things we don't have access to on Silvertails, behind the scenes things.
Also think the coaches felt Tigers strength was their pack, so went in looking to go in big with forwards, to stay fresh in the middle to help reduce impact of Papalli, API, Bateman, Klemmer and that big 8 hula who chased Turbo....it was a good Tigers pack and if we contained this we win, which happened in the end.

Found it strange Weekes was not there also, but a few things I do know.
There's things we don't have access to on Silvertails, behind the scenes things.
Also think the coaches felt Tigers strength was their pack, so went in looking to go in big with forwards, to stay fresh in the middle to help reduce impact of Papalli, API, Bateman, Klemmer and that big 8 hula who chased Turbo....it was a good Tigers pack and if we contained this we win, which happened in the end.
Slightly cryptic there maxta lol.

I honestly can't remember too many games recently where we haven't had an injury/ disruption to the backline.... for me in the modern game you need to have some sort of cover in your 17 but hey I'm just a Sausage roll eating couch warrior!

Anyone know why Zac Fulton hasn't got a bench spot ? I thought he went real good last year and has that hooker / 13 / second row versatility to him. Surely he's a better option than 4 props on the bench
He's flat out trying to get a starting spot in Reggie's at the moment.
One week he's starting, next week bench, depending on who drops out the 21 man NRL squad.
It would seem he's not commanding any particular position which wouldn't help.

I think the three key factors, which have already been postulated by others, are:

1 - the Tigers' backline is ordinary and their beat players are middles, so if were to lose the contest it was likely to be up front.
2 - in the event of wet weather the match is usually won or lost in the forwards.
3 - the Tigers are a garbage team so if you're going to pull a selection experiment it may as well be against them.

I'd add to that - Fainu was clearly picked to fill the utility role so the coaching staff must see him as being at least capable in the backs.

Think that Zac Fulton has the makings of a really good footy player and hope that he is given every opportunity to develop as a 13 . Showed a bit of versatility playing as a centre at Blacktown but would have limited opportunity to make a go of it there in ist grade . if there was the slightest doubt with Shu ' s fitness on the weekend , really should not have gone with 4 forwards on the bench . Recall Haumole playing a bit as a fill in centre at Blacktown but Samual Fainu or Bullemor , asking a lot to adjust to a centre position . Not to mention if the Shu had to come off . Anyway done and dusted now, Weekes would have to be the most suitable sub on the bench and being able to cover all backline positions . Realize the inclination to give him a run in the reggies for some extended match time but just lucky that Fainu and Haumole were able to just sufficiently cover the centre roles when it mattered on Sunday .

It's weird he went from such a light bench most weeks and playing Jake for 80 minutes in all our games to suddenly a forward heavy bench. At least Jakey finally, finally got a rest

I was dissapointed in Woods. If he couldn't reignite some energy against the Tigers it's not good signs. I'd give him a few more games, hopefully he finds something

I'm a big fan of Samaela Fainu. The kids still really young but he gets involved and doesn't give up. Poor defensive read next to the Shoe which let in a try but he will be better for it after getting a bit of match fitness. If anything Woods should have been dropped to allow for Fainu and Weekes to be on the bench.

No problem with Weeks having a couple of weeks in reggies if it helps his confidence. He's been a bit off the last two weeks. He doesn't look quite right at dummy half.

In an era when there is a saturated media landscape the lack of any media scrutiny/ discussion over topics like this really annoy me

Apart from small circulation stuff on twitter/ a weekly John’s podcast there just is not enough real discussion about this sort of stuff.

Is that due to there not being a market for it ?

Seibold when the team for the tigers game was selected

You cannot blame him for the bench selection as he was asleep

1682424287665.jpeg

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10