Short Term Thinking for Long Term Goals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My concern is what Peter Peters is not saying. He's pointing out certain concerns, but I think there is more going on here than we know, and I suspect it ain't good. I know many on this site thought Peters was a wood worm. I didn't think he was the real problem. And I also don't think the Fultons are the problem. But I get a sense there is something not right in the club that has been struggling now for six years with no real sign of improvement.

The fight for club control was dirty. Many good people had to go , not necessarily because of there contributions but because of the war. Then filling the place with yes men was always on the agenda due to the fact control was a priority to right the ship

In this times the penns who are good people did treat the club more like a private play thing than a community. I dont think it was there intenet but due to the ugliness they went a bit insular

Then we went on a CEO recruitment drive that made us look like a pretty piss poor business to be honest. I think we are only starting to see the club finally form its identity under the new leadership

Ill never ever forget going to brookie and having board members asking me not to drink at the club after and giving me free beer vouchers to go to diiggers.

Our resillience as a brand was tested and at times i think it shines through on field. Des will help build an on field culture but our club is not the magnet it once was for players . We were admired for being able to perform under any circumstances. I doubt we are held in the same esteem by the opposition both on and off the field.

Up until about round 10 this year we looked to have restored the manly purpose and grit. Since then we have been as soft as ive ever seen

Every young player that has debuted this year has look very short of a gallop. I think des was looking to play guys that had matches under there belt

While des can be a bit of a wowser with the young guys this has been a hard year. The longer the year went on the more loathe he seemed to debut the young guys.

If young hoppa is feeling as self assured as he did before his debut then he hasnt watched the replays. Feel bad for schuster but in a way im glad he hasnt played lately. Some bad habits have been accepted as the norm this last month

The fight for club control was dirty. Many good people had to go , not necessarily because of there contributions but because of the war. Then filling the place with yes men was always on the agenda due to the fact control was a priority to right the ship

In this times the penns who are good people did treat the club more like a private play thing than a community. I dont think it was there intenet but due to the ugliness they went a bit insular

Then we went on a CEO recruitment drive that made us look like a pretty piss poor business to be honest. I think we are only starting to see the club finally form its identity under the new leadership

Ill never ever forget going to brookie and having board members asking me not to drink at the club after and giving me free beer vouchers to go to diiggers.

Our resillience as a brand was tested and at times i think it shines through on field. Des will help build an on field culture but our club is not the magnet it once was for players . We were admired for being able to perform under any circumstances. I doubt we are held in the same esteem by the opposition both on and off the field.

Up until about round 10 this year we looked to have restored the manly purpose and grit. Since then we have been as soft as ive ever seen
Incredibly dirty so many good people hurt badly , whilst I’m still not a fan of the one owner model I’m pleased that part of it is over.

Incredibly dirty so many good people hurt badly , whilst I’m still not a fan of the one owner model I’m pleased that part of it is over.

It was ****house. As a manly fan it was tough knowing that good people had to go. Spirited manly people, some of whom i liked. But the outcome was obvious and the only way forward

Sad times because they will never be acknowledged due to the conflict.

As a life long manly fan i just want the club to be there always . When you know people personally, it gets muddy and i hated that

It was ****house. As a manly fan it was tough knowing that good people had to go. Spirited manly people, some of whom i liked. But the outcome was obvious and the only way forward

Sad times because they will never be acknowledged due to the conflict.

As a life long manly fan i just want the club to be there always . When you know people personally, it gets muddy and i hated that

Ditto, and due to what I was doing at the time I was in touch on both sides , and seriously it was much uglier than most know , lots of stuff never emerged.

I think with Scott spending most of his time in New York and leaving the operation to Stephen Humphreys that things are much calmer.

The one I feel most sorry for is Geoff Toovey who’s heart and soul bleeds maroon & white.

Bringing him back into the fold would mend a lot of broken bridges, I hope it happens one day.

Ditto, and due to what I was doing at the time I was in touch on both sides , and seriously it was much uglier than most know , lots of stuff never emerged.

I think with Scott spending most of his time in New York and leaving the operation to Stephen Humphreys that things are much calmer.

The one I feel most sorry for is Geoff Toovey who’s heart and soul bleeds maroon & white.

Bringing him back into the fold would mend a lot of broken bridges, I hope it happens one day.

What started as a bit of fun for you would have ended a tough/ unforgiving gig.
Bloody life, and it wasnt all bad though . Some bloody good times rolled into it
The WCC and the kiwi trip with the mad butcher were my highlights

The league interpretive dance at the lord mayors thingy in leeds, not so much. Crashing a wedding at mike stevos pub when specificly told not too . GOLD
Jacks head knock at titans game . Lowlight
Being checcined on the coast and nathan fein getting the last laugh , grrrr
Friends met priceless, reputation gained, hard to shrug

I rarely saw the footy on any of the trips.

Garden shed song. Family brainworm
Liver to be donated to science,
Wifey, one of the best then and still is

What started as a bit of fun for you would have ended a tough/ unforgiving gig.
Bloody life, and it wasnt all bad though . Some bloody good times rolled into it
The WCC and the kiwi trip with the mad butcher were my highlights

The league interpretive dance at the lord mayors thingy in leeds, not so much. Crashing a wedding at mike stevos pub when specificly told not too . GOLD
Jacks head knock at titans game . Lowlight
Being checcined on the coast and nathan fein getting the last laugh , grrrr
Friends met priceless, reputation gained, hard to shrug

I rarely saw the footy on any of the trips.

Garden shed song. Family brainworm
Liver to be donated to science,
Wifey, one of the best then and still is
Yes it was difficult.

I was seen ( at the time) as being influential, by both sides!!

With all likelihood you'll see his special talents playing against us.
Look, I hope not.. im all for keeping as many promising kids as we can..
If manly really are close to getting the foz back, im sure des would have sat down with the kid and laid out the plans for him... if thats not good enough for him, an untested rookie, and he wants out.. see ya

To be fair a lot of the guys Des has debuted into first grade became household names. Stewart Bros, Matai, Foran, DCE, Will Hoppa. He didn't debut to many flops with us, maybe a few at the dogs.

These young fellas (not saying Schuster is like this, but others are) are a product of greedy player managers & todays society, where they want instant gratification. They are no doubt talented but aren't prepared to graft in a struggling team unless they get a motza, but are happy to be reserve players in teams like the Roosters and Melbourne because they see a prestige in being part of those set ups, thats why they have a conga line of everyone else's juniors trying to get a start in first grade. And gone are the days of signing young up and comers to fair and good value for money contracts, now days thanks to DCE paving the way in 2012 they kick stones until they get more money in an upgrade or they leave for more.

To be fair a lot of the guys Des has debuted into first grade became household names. Stewart Bros, Matai, Foran, DCE, Will Hoppa. He didn't debut to many flops with us, maybe a few at the dogs.

These young fellas (not saying Schuster is like this, but others are) are a product of greedy player managers & todays society, where they want instant gratification. They are no doubt talented but aren't prepared to graft in a struggling team unless they get a motza, but are happy to be reserve players in teams like the Roosters and Melbourne because they see a prestige in being part of those set ups, thats why they have a conga line of everyone else's juniors trying to get a start in first grade. And gone are the days of signing young up and comers to fair and good value for money contracts, now days thanks to DCE paving the way in 2012 they kick stones until they get more money in an upgrade or they leave for more.
Yes that’s pretty much nailed it.

The NRL can fix the player manager problem and frankly I wonder why they haven't done a thing about this problem notwithstanding the promises made following Matterson and the Tigers. They have done nothing! Gee the player mangers must have a few aces up their sleeves. I am waiting for PV to show some gonads and go these trouble makers but perhaps the delay and silence has something to do with concerns about collateral damage. Still waiting!

The NRL can fix the player manager problem and frankly I wonder why they haven't done a thing about this problem notwithstanding the promises made following Matterson and the Tigers. They have done nothing! Gee the player mangers must have a few aces up their sleeves. I am waiting for PV to show some gonads and go these trouble makers but perhaps the delay and silence has something to do with concerns about collateral damage. Still waiting!

Pv started strong but i think he lost his nads
The pangai third party has gone awfully quiet .
I think sometimes his abruptness/ rudeness is seen as confidence and strength. None of those qualities have been on display for many many months

PV made many comments on 100% footy and I think 360 as well, that the Broncos success was vital to our financial position as a game. He stressed it repeatedly and how he hopes they turn it around soon otherwise it could be a major issue. I was very concerned with his position and particular narrative. Who knows how motivated people might be to go after the Broncos on this matter.

managers care only about money in the end. I'm sure every other manager for the manly players asked for an upgrade when AFB left I mean it's what they do.

PV made many comments on 100% footy and I think 360 as well, that the Broncos success was vital to our financial position as a game. He stressed it repeatedly and how he hopes they turn it around soon otherwise it could be a major issue. I was very concerned with his position and particular narrative. Who knows how motivated people might be to go after the Broncos on this matter.
Absolutely and was going to post something at the time but life is busy. I was surprised no one had mentioned it or made a deal of his comments earlier.

What he said and the way he said sent alarm bells ringing and not something I would have thought the Chairman of the NRL should be saying about one team and how their success is so important to the NRL

As supporters and consumers we have the ability to fight back with boycotts but apparently we dont have the NADs for that so we just need to assume the position

Its frightening how much apathy we have to actually do something that counts

Give it to the queenslanders though. For many years they received a 60 minute version of the sunday arvo game from the network in the eighties . They united, turned off in droves and got the full game

At origin time when they say people dont get queenslandlanders passion, and everyone scoffs, but maybe they are right. Sydney siders have very little passion other than for themselves.

SA have it for anything local

Sonny Bill will be a very short fill in. Blake Green was still producing but even the Warriors sent him packing. Kite still had the goods but it was like a Kennedy. I'm not saying on occasions older players are brought in.Manly brought in a few in their later careers who were still top ranking. But not when you've got an ideal fit for the position already there, and not with someone with a huge injury package. Watmough? Melbourne don't get old warriors. The players they use are either players who they got as juniors like Roosters do, or were in the early years of their career. How many players near the end of their career can you name?
Seriously? I'm fairly certain the coaching/recruitment team are aware of Schuster's obvious talent and potential. The club has debuted more young players this season than they have in a long time. I'm confident that Josh will be here next season making a strong impression on the competition irrespective of whether or not we sign Foz.

And until this happens for even a lot of members I truly don't think we as a club will every be fully United as a club, we will never forget how certain figures acted towards the great man.

I still feel we as a club are still feeling the effects of this dark time as a club.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4