Short Term Thinking for Long Term Goals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its such a challenge trying to interpret Hasler strategies and sometimes I wonder, as with many things associated with the Manly club, at the reluctance to tell the fans too much, and play this cloak and dagger subterfuge, that does nothing more than create amusement or chagrin.

I now look at the article in today's Telerag suggesting that Des intends to develop and use Foran as hooker, with Fainu's absence and the lack of effectiveness seen in Levi's actions. Of course Cust was said to be seen as the No 9 next year but I guess a No 14 to cover the role makes sense until and if Fainu returns.

One wonders though if Des finally realised the angst developing at the possibility that Schuster's nose would be put out of joint and many fans including myself would look on in horror at the prospect of losing that talent. Whether he intended his stated course all along, one would think communication is never a bad thing and it looks to me that he has finally gone out of his way to inform everyone of his intention and thereby quell the anxiety. Should have said that was his intention all along.

Mind you I wonder if Foran has the pace and stamina for such a role, which also demands a lot of defence. Perhaps half a game is intended. I just hope this is his plan and not just another Hasler ducks and drakes scenario

Its such a challenge trying to interpret Hasler strategies and sometimes I wonder, as with many things associated with the Manly club, at the reluctance to tell the fans too much, and play this cloak and dagger subterfuge, that does nothing more than create amusement or chagrin.

I now look at the article in today's Telerag suggesting that Des intends to develop and use Foran as hooker, with Fainu's absence and the lack of effectiveness seen in Levi's actions. Of course Cust was said to be seen as the No 9 next year but I guess a No 14 to cover the role makes sense until and if Fainu returns.

One wonders though if Des finally realised the angst developing at the possibility that Schuster's nose would be put out of joint and many fans including myself would look on in horror at the prospect of losing that talent. Whether he intended his stated course all along, one would think communication is never a bad thing and it looks to me that he has finally gone out of his way to inform everyone of his intention and thereby quell the anxiety. Should have said that was his intention all along.

Mind you I wonder if Foran has the pace and stamina for such a role, which also demands a lot of defence. Perhaps half a game is intended. I just hope this is his plan and not just another Hasler ducks and drakes scenario

He could also instruct Foran to be like Scam Smith , who really just directs traffic by getting into the dummy half position and picking the sweet spots.

You don’t see Scam making a lot of tackles , in fact almost none that he’s the first one there.

If we have to have him then after thinking about it then this could actually work!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6