Short a prop.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Trolling aside, the whole premise of the troll is wrong. Props are already being forced to adapt to the new rules, and previously dominant players are really struggling (Taumololo!).

The fact that Dylan Walker can play half a match in the forwards is a pretty clear indication of what type of players will be needed in the future.

So no, Warriors troll, you can keep Lodge.

Lodge is way too slow for the modern game. He failed to get across and cover several times in the game on Sunday. Actually, I saw AFB do exactly the same towards the end (though in fairness they were all knackered after playing with ten men for a bit…). Point is, our current props have the right measure of size and mobility. Probably why T-Sips has shed so much weight over the off season. Lodge just looks like a big slow dinosaur after the first ten mins of a game.

I wonder if the big cumbersome prop that makes good yards on hitups BUT is a liability laterally in defence and cant play long stints is actually a dying breed in the game. What I like about our props is they are all pretty mobile. Sipley maybe not super mobile and blessed with endurance but Paseka, Keppie, Aloiai fit the bill. Marty still has decent wheels for an old bloke.

So without even mentioning Lodge's massive off field baggage....Is he actually suited to this modern game of V'Landys Ball ??

I agree that we are a prop short in terms of quality but I don't think Lodge is the answer. I'm still not sold on our D in the middle. There are some cracks for the opposition if they wanna play us up the guts (it's pretty much Croker and Jake doing all the work). I also think we could do with a wrecking ball type; low centre of gravity with leg speed that can generate a quick play-the-ball (I guess Aloiai could be this type if he strings some quality game time together). There have also been times (against Melbs and Canberra) where we lacked a hard run out of yardage to build momentum for the set and been forced to kick from inside 40 too often. That grinds you down in finals matches.

I went to the Broncos Knights game with my 8 year old granddaughter on Saturday when I was down in Brisbane. She got a photo taken with Payne Haas. He was sitting in front of us when he came to the sideline after he got injured. She said he should play for a good team like Manly.

Maybe... it worked!?

The rumours won’t die at Brisbane that Payne Haas is unhappy and will look to exit the club in the coming years though a recent pay rise may quieten that discontent......

Well done g'daughter and g'dad!

I agree that we are a prop short in terms of quality but I don't think Lodge is the answer. I'm still not sold on our D in the middle. There are some cracks for the opposition if they wanna play us up the guts (it's pretty much Croker and Jake doing all the work). I also think we could do with a wrecking ball type; low centre of gravity with leg speed that can generate a quick play-the-ball (I guess Aloiai could be this type if he strings some quality game time together). There have also been times (against Melbs and Canberra) where we lacked a hard run out of yardage to build momentum for the set and been forced to kick from inside 40 too often. That grinds you down in finals matches.
Bullemor

I think our backs are the issue coming out of yardage. They typically take the first few hit ups and none of them are big enough to build momentum with a run. Suli and Taufua type players can do this, but of course they have other deficiencies.

In saying that, the Storm don’t really have someone like that either. Panthers have To’o and it makes a huge difference.

I think our backs are the issue coming out of yardage. They typically take the first few hit ups and none of them are big enough to build momentum with a run. Suli and Taufua type players can do this, but of course they have other deficiencies.

In saying that, the Storm don’t really have someone like that either. Panthers have To’o and it makes a huge difference.
We're far from the best in this area but not the worst either. The main issues are usually Saab (although I have noticed he's run with a bit more purpose recently) and Parker (he gets belted, although does land on his stomach regularly). I think Garrick does a fair job out of yardage and obviously Tom on carry 2 or 3. Harper goes OK. None of them are Brian To'o but who is?!

It's a big part of the game and as you've mentioned, Taufua was great in this capacity until his knee injuries crippled him.

Lodge is scarier off the field than on it.

Whenever we play him I am fairly relaxed because our forwards always seem to be able to handle him pretty easily. He has a nice pass, but I don;t recall any big hits in defence or impressive post contact metres, just an average prop.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12