Short a prop.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sfh2008

Rookie
I love the 2021 Manly team we have. I feel we are short one big prop as we have in the past.
Most of our forwards are 6'4 which is what i love the most. But we are missing that one
mean leader, that mongrel. 87 we had Kevin Ward. 96 we had Mark Carroll 08 we had
Josh Perry Brent Kite 2011 Joe Galuvao and Kite. My choice would be Matt Lodge. He hates losing
everybody hates him, so he fits right into our culture. But hes a leader. He has the same temperament
as Hargraves and he has 3 titles and is their leader. Food for thought Des. And thanks for
coming home.

I love the 2021 Manly team we have. I feel we are short one big prop as we have in the past.
Most of our forwards are 6'4 which is what i love the most. But we are missing that one
mean leader, that mongrel. 87 we had Kevin Ward. 96 we had Mark Carroll 08 we had
Josh Perry Brent Kite 2011 Joe Galuvao and Kite. My choice would be Matt Lodge. He hates losing
everybody hates him, so he fits right into our culture. But hes a leader. He has the same temperament
as Hargraves and he has 3 titles and is their leader. Food for thought Des. And thanks for
coming home.
I reckon Lodge is a powerful player, but can't control his aggression and while I don't mind that tough guy leadership, he is no BK...more a thug with a hot head who does not set a good example to the young pack...and that's with bringing in his off field antics.
Also in the current game, not convinced our 2 smalls on the bench are not beneficial....in fact Walker has added so much thrust and is doing something I never knew he could - playing damn tough footy - showing he is up for it...the other small in Lawton is a great fill in anywhere on the park as a super utility and wouldn't swap them for another big at this time.
Different times gone by, it was a simple - 3 bigs and that 1 dynamo off the pine....but in the modern game - I like the balance of this side...
If Storm were to tread heads late each half this week due to missing a big man I am open to being swayed...but for now I reckon they are getting the side 100% right.

If lodge came to Manly they would have to construct a special seat for him on the sidelines, because that is where he would spend majority of his time. Craziest idea I have seen in a long time

08. Marty Taupau (played prop and backrow)
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka (played prop and backrow)
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster (played 5/8 and backrow)
13. Jake Trbojevic (played prop and lock)

14. Karl Lawton (played hooker and backrow)
15. Josh Aloiai (played prop and backrow)
16. Sean Keppie (played prop and backrow)
17. Toafofoa Sipley

18. Zac Saddler, 19. Kurt De Luis, 20. Andrew Davey, 21. Ethan Bullemor (reportedly), 22. Sione Fainu (representative prop), 23. Alec Tuitavake (representative prop)

coming home.
No thanks, Lodge is a hot head grub, would spend plenty of time on the sideline

I went to the Broncos Knights game with my 8 year old granddaughter on Saturday when I was down in Brisbane. She got a photo taken with Payne Haas. He was sitting in front of us when he came to the sideline after he got injured. She said he should play for a good team like Manly.

And.....

what did he say?????

coming home.
Lodge is an A grade cat and should never have been allowed back into the game!

coming home.

Ordinarily I would agree with you sfh, I love a big Mungo, hunt and kill your own type of prop .. but the modern game has changed some of my views .. as far as numbers go .. we are only playing 2 props on the bench, so I think we have enough of them ... the modern prop has to be mobile, and smarter, the game is quicker and they need to adjust on the field to situations just as quick, .. and with the new sin bin rules, the scratch your own balls and rip in tough guys are a risk ... as far as Matt Lodge is concerned, no thanks, he may be a leader, but what direction he would lead us would concern me ...

Perfect example is young firebrand Hethrington ... got all the great old world prop attributes ... but unless he can control the red mist, he is at risk of having a very short career ..

I went to the Broncos Knights game with my 8 year old granddaughter on Saturday when I was down in Brisbane. She got a photo taken with Payne Haas. He was sitting in front of us when he came to the sideline after he got injured. She said he should play for a good team like Manly.

Jesus wept ... such wisdom and sound advice from an 8 yo ... hope she can fight just as well ..

And, on a serious note, Keppie will be our mongrel in years to come. He has it in spades.

I'm also a fan of Kennedy from the Broncos, big frame, pretty mobile. Just needs to get fitter.

coming home.
Josh Aloiai, Haumole (a backrower I know,) and Keppie not enough mongrel?

It’s a real concern when people (or perhaps a troll) throw up a name like Lodge’s as a potential recruit.

Apart from the fact that he is ‘just a forward’ and what that implies, he was a convicted felon of a heinous crime in the US, who should never have been given another chance in the game.

Meanwhile some dopey journalists have been comparing Turbo’s form to that of Hayne in 2009 (convicted rapist) and Barba in 2012 (accused wife basher). I would be deeply offended if I was Tom or a member of his family.

We already have at least one problem child on our books. We don’t need any more.

Nor do I think our club would have any interest in Lodge, who (refer back to my second paragraph) has never amounted to much onfield anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8