Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is not one or the other .... and given Lanky Lane's current form it is win/win ... but there is a hell of a long way to go in this season and all our props will be req'd to dig in at different times ...

Lussick at his best is a powerful force ... at his worst he goes ok.
Lane at his best was very good (2 games) .... at his worst he is invisible ...
Perrett at his best is dynamic ... at his worst he is a passenger ..
Kelepi .. well Kelepi is Kelepi I think .... wind up and let go ....

I'd love to see Lussick join up with Taupau, Perret, AFB, Lane & Tanginoa do battle with the Burgess boys.....6 against 3 is fair in Manly colours.

Am impressed with Lane's work in the middle and like the look of Goweski.

But with Sirro injured, we lack strike on the edges. Thomson not showing much; Winterstein even less. A key difference between us and Titans on Sunday was the threat of their edges: Cartwright and Proctor in particular running at our backs.

Lane would be such a handful on edges with his height, and deserves more game time. We have his bench spot covered with Lussick, Sipley, Paseka.

He'd give our starting pack more size and I suspect is capable of playing long minutes.

Maybe he meant edge, as in sideline!

That's harsh ... but I get where the idea comes from ... big, mobile and quick ....

But I like the work he has done since moving into the middle .... he only has to stay awake for short periods .....

Am impressed with Lane's work in the middle and like the look of Goweski.

But with Sirro injured, we lack strike on the edges. Thomson not showing much; Winterstein even less. A key difference between us and Titans on Sunday was the threat of their edges: Cartwright and Proctor in particular running at our backs.

Lane would be such a handful on edges with his height, and deserves more game time. We have his bench spot covered with Lussick, Sipley, Paseka.

He'd give our starting pack more size and I suspect is capable of playing long minutes.
I'm not thrilled with him in general. The only area he could become a threat is to use his height to get some second phase play going to Api, or Tommy on the burst. Apart from that he's a bit of a log.

Last edited:
Again I'm dumbfounded that a player can't work out where he is more effective. If there is an opportunity to run "down an edge' then take it. If there is a gap 'down the middle' then exploit it.
RL is not a sport where you have to stay in a narrow zone. It's not a game of Chess.
Big Marty disagrees

“The way I look at it, rugby league is like a game of chess and every player has their own moves that only they can do," he says.

"For example, there is a perception of front-rowers that they can’t kick so that is why you have your No.6, 7 and 9 who do that sort of stuff. Front-rowers have our own individual role and I like the opportunities to create a quick play-the-ball, increasing the speed of play and giving opportunities for the spine to jump on the back of that.

From Nrl.com

Siro & Winterstein can both **** off...I said that last year. I’ve seen more from Tanginoa & Lane in a month, than these two did all of last year. I’m not interested in their occasional moments of brilliance. Just do your job every week. Gojetski i’d pick ahead of Siro & Winterstein...that kid is tough. Just ask Dale Copley...

I never really had much of a wrap on Lane and I’m still not sold on him as a permanent fixture but I have to give him credit for how he’s been playing so far this year.

Big Marty disagrees

“The way I look at it, rugby league is like a game of chess and every player has their own moves that only they can do," he says.

"For example, there is a perception of front-rowers that they can’t kick so that is why you have your No.6, 7 and 9 who do that sort of stuff. Front-rowers have our own individual role and I like the opportunities to create a quick play-the-ball, increasing the speed of play and giving opportunities for the spine to jump on the back of that.

From Nrl.com
Please don't tell me Marty is going to try and take on some kicking duties. It was bad enough watching our halves butcher it on the weekend

I am a fan of S L I like what he has been doing in the centre and agree he is a damaging wide running back who wasn’t given much good ball last season to show that to an advantage. I also thought that Lloyd P &DCE could have given the ball to young Jack G a bit more yesterday v because he had run into holes a couple of times without getting the ball that they would have given Siro

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8