Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lane has played very well for us but history suggests his career might stall at Parramatta.
Either way, his departure is no problem for us, it just opens an opportunity for someone else.
First to get a go will be Siro and Gosiewski.
Meanwhile keep up the good work Lane, you are still a Sea Eagle for 2018!

So we've lost our leading try scorer next year why.... Help me understand.

Well young eagly, there's this thing called economics and sometimes it stops us from getting what we want. It's a little like that original AC Cobra you always wanted, we can't afford it. Yeah, I know it sucks, but it's reality.

On a serious note, Parra offered twice the upgraded amount we offered him. I'm guessing they are paying 350k+.

Well young eagly, there's this thing called economics and sometimes it stops us from getting what we want. It's a little like that original AC Cobra you always wanted, we can't afford it. Yeah, I know it sucks, but it's reality.

On a serious note, Parra offered twice the upgraded amount we offered him. I'm guessing they are paying 350k+.

Mate, I reckon throw a 4 in as the first number.

Those pricks love paying crazy overs for Manly players.

It was reported 300k.
There were a few on here quoting that as 'overs'. Glad they aren't doing my taxes

Agree mate but I wrote 350+ to stave off the "unbelievers". I heard it is 400k and we offered him 200k..
Pretty big jump on what we offered him. Would have to say 400k is a lot of money for a second rower just getting into grasps with his game but will be a big loss for us. If we had our full cap, I'd be disappointed but with the salary cap I don't think we had a choice.

I thought TB used him well yesterday. His best position seems to be in the middle where he doesn't get exposed one on one vs more agile players on defence. He is going to be a bit of a loss to our depth - something we can't afford.

Pretty big jump on what we offered him. Would have to say 400k is a lot of money for a second rower just getting into grasps with his game but will be a big loss for us. If we had our full cap, I'd be disappointed but with the salary cap I don't think we had a choice.
Well I hope we have only offered Sironen half that ,half the defence,half the attack of Lane.Probably quarter the game time to.
o_Our most overrated player by far.

Well I hope we have only offered Sironen half that ,half the defence,half the attack of Lane.Probably quarter the game time to.
o_Our most overrated player by far.
Based on the little game time he's had, yes he's been disappointing. He has a lot more upside than Lane though. We saw how lethal Graham could be for the Sharks on that left side with his ball playing skills. Sironen could do the same for us. He's also much better as a hole runner or at scoring of grubbers.

Like I say, if we could somehow manage to have:

Joel Thompson
Curtis Sironen
Jake Trbojevic
Bryce Cartwright

In the backrow, and a front row rotation of:

Addin Fonua-Blake
Marty Taupau
Taniela Paseka
Kelepi Tanginoa

And a hooker / utility tandem of:

Apisai Koroisou
Manase Fainu

Calling it here, injury free, that group is top 1 or 2 in the entire league given age / experience.

Love Lane, but that group would make him expendible to a degree.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8