Sharks v Sea Eagles Rd5 teams & discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Sharks v Sea Eagles Rd5 teams & discussion

Just read on Nrl.com that Choc is the second most penalised played behing Ennis.

So maybe it isnt all bad news after all

I'd like to see Trex tried off the bench in the forwards, even if he is the second tackler in he will add plenty of size to bring opposition players down and perhaps slow their play the ball speed.

Sheikheagle link said:
Whilst Mauro has done nothing wrong, I would have TREX take his place on the bench as he can play in either the backs or forwards. I would like to see him used as an impact player. However, if he doesn't make any impact and continues to look disinterested it is off to the NSW Cup. 

We don't know if T-Rex can play in the forwards. It would be a huge risk bringing in a rookie against this Sharks pack.

TokyoEagle link said:
don't know if T-Rex can play in the forwards. It would be a huge risk bringing in a rookie against this Sharks pack.

Give him a Snickers before the game, he'll be right.

One eye on the ball, one on Matai

David Beniuk AAPFri, Apr 08, 2011 - 4:10 PM
It's the NRL's equivalent of sleeping with one eye open - marking Manly hitman Steve Matai.

That's the view of Cronulla's Ben Pomeroy, who will line up opposite Matai when the Kiwi international returns from a seven-match ban in Saturday's NRL clash with Cronulla.

The Sea Eagles centre added to his long judiciary rap sheet when he was outed for a late hit on Canterbury hooker Michael Ennis in round 26 last year.

"You've sort of got to have one eye on the ball when it's coming your way and one eye on him," said Pomeroy, the in-form centre who will play his 100th game for the Sharks at Toyota Stadium.

"He likes to wedge in, come in for the big shot so that's his game.

"You just worry about catching that ball and putting yourself in a good position where he's not allowed to wedge on you.

"I enjoy the challenge, when you come up against players like him ... it sort of makes you step your game up a bit more."

There's little doubt Matai will be champing at the bit when he finally gets onto the field in 2011, joining giant winger Tony Williams and prop George Rose in making round five returns for the Sea Eagles.

Fullback Brett Stewart has been ruled out for a second straight week with a hamstring injury, while forwards Anthony Watmough and Terence Seu Seu have been suspended for a week by the club after they were booked for urinating in public.

Young utility back Will Hopoate will again deputise for Stewart with Williams coming in on the wing.

The Sharks are looking to notch their first battle of the beaches victory in five attempts, while Manly have also won the past five at Shark Park.

I think

Trex is on the bench. Harrison is not in the 18. He is playing sec row for NSW Cup. Lussick is int he 18, probably will be 18th man. Oldfield will start.

I thought T Rex was originally on a 5 man bench, then when Stewart was ruled out Hoppa went from wing to fullback and T Rex onto the wing. Harrison is on the bench with Rose Robinson and Mauro.

But I hope you are right, because I'd like to see T Rex get a run off the bench. It has to happen some time, now is a good opportunity. Though he has also proved quite dangerous on the wing when outside Lyon, who should be better for the run last week.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
I think

Trex is on the bench. Harrison is not in the 18. He is playing sec row for NSW Cup. Lussick is int he 18, probably will be 18th man. Oldfield will start.

TRex should have been the one omitted and played his way back into the NRL team(that seems to happen in every other team except ours). Harrison should have stayed on the bench of the NRL team.

Should be an interesting game with the Sharks playing the Warriors last week they would be still be a bit sore.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
What you are saying is what has been named in the press. but Harrison has never been in this week's 18.

What I'm saying is that injured players should have to come back through the grade/s to get there spot back. Create a bit of competition for spots with in the ranks.

eagles2win said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
What you are saying is what has been named in the press. but Harrison has never been in this week's 18.

What I'm saying is that injured players should have to come back through the grade/s to get there spot back. Create a bit of competition for spots with in the ranks.

Are you saying Brett Stewart should have come back through grade to get his spot?

bhot said:
eagles2win said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

Are you saying Brett Stewart should have come back through grade to get his spot?
Umm yes

eagles2win said:
bhot said:
eagles2win said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

Umm yes
What about suspension...i.e. Matai?

Lol that's just plain stupid. Please name these other clubs that this is a practice.

So if Darren Lockyer or Benji Marshall were injured they would have to come back through NSW or QLD Cup as well?

Shane Rodney was going to do this until he got injured again.

I think it all depends on how long they are out and how much fitness the coaching staff feels they have lost in the time they are out.

T-Rex has been out two or three weeks, how much fitness could he have lost in that time?

I do however believe that Oldfield should take his spot on the wing, he's been playing really well.

Central Coast Eagle said:
Lol that's just plain stupid. Please name these other clubs that this is a practice.

So if Darren Lockyer or Benji Marshall were injured they would have to come back through NSW Cup as well?

I think it all depends on how long they are out and how much fitness the coaching staff feels they have lost in the time they are out.

T-Rex has been out two or three weeks, how much fitness could he have lost in that time?

I do however believe that Oldfield should take his spot on the wing, he's been playing really well.

Darren Lockyer plays for the Broncos who don't have a NSW Cup team

eagles2win said:

So if Darren Lockyer or Benji Marshall were injured they would have to come back through NSW Cup as well?

they wouldn't send him to a lower grade even if they had one

eagles2win said:

Melbourne when they had the venture with Norths(Sydney) had Billy Slater play for them when he was coming back from injury.

Brisbane still do it have a look at some of the Qld Cup teams. Wynnum Manly have Dane Carlaw and some weeks Denan Kemp playing for them because of the arrangement with the Broncos. They can't get into the NRL team due to the form of the players that are playing in the top grade squad.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8