Sharkies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon the best thing to potentially happen to Rugby League in Sydney (where there is a saturation of clubs fighting for the sponsorship dollar), is that 1 club is moved to The Central Coast (permanently), and one club shifted to QLD.

The potential additional cashflow for all involved would be amazing, and is more sustainable.

At the end of the day, Cronulla fans (if shifted) would be gutted, but this is a great sport. Look at Illawarra, North Sydney, Balmain, Campbelltown fans....they all moved on. The sport will survive and maybe prosper longer term in my opinion.

It would also be nice to see The Bronco's with some monetary competition, to see how they REALLY fare monetarily without a monopoly.

Gee Ryan...Illawarra are dead really...the bears play reserve grade and Balmain are Broke and hardly ever go to Campbelltown....Got a better example for the Sharkies fans....lol...

I still don't see the central coast as the best alternative....An ageing population and would struggle to put enough bums on seats regularly...IMO

They should hope they go broke or get deregistered.

Anything would be better than Peter Sharp.

What's with fining them and then propping them up with loans to pay the fine? That doesn't make much sense. Get rid of that bunch of losers and relocate them to Perth or Adelaide. It just doesn't make senses to have a club sitting on a small peninsula hemmed in by the Goons. And if Parra want to hang onto Elkins they should be closed down as well.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Frogz said:
SER8....Have they jeopardised anyone?
According to the NRL, yes. They brought charges based on evidence already in their hot little hands. Those accused now get the chance to respond. If they can.

Pretty sure that the Sharks were in breach of their licencing agreement with the NRL - in governance, accountability and Player welfare areas.

I think that the $1m arbitrary amount is strange though.
Seems steep, and I would be surprised if the licencing agreement had a schedule of fines for specific breaches anyway.

So the Clubs have no way of attacking the fines - as in our $100k for Bretty, $50k for Battle of Brookvale or even the $10k for 2v requesting an investigation. :dodgy:

ASADA is yet to table findings, charges and subsequent penalties in both the AFL and the NRL :s

I don't understand how flano gets the same suspension as Hird.

I think flano was let down by the fact the sharks didn't have the business structure, especially not having a CEO overlooking and signing off on the spending. To be fair as soon as he got the club doctors advice he put an end to the shanagins. I think 12 months suspension with 6 months of it suspended
would have been a fair result.

I think that's half the reason we dodged the bullet with Dank I remember Des simply wasn't given the budget for sports science he wanted.

If you remember back to 2009 and the KPIs the football club wanted in his contract. They were actually budgetary KPIs because like a labor government Dessie liked to spend spend spend when it came to technology.

Ryan said:
I reckon the best thing to potentially happen to Rugby League in Sydney (where there is a saturation of clubs fighting for the sponsorship dollar), is that 1 club is moved to The Central Coast (permanently), and one club shifted to QLD.

The potential additional cashflow for all involved would be amazing, and is more sustainable.

At the end of the day, Cronulla fans (if shifted) would be gutted, but this is a great sport. Look at Illawarra, North Sydney, Balmain, Campbelltown fans....they all moved on. The sport will survive and maybe prosper longer term in my opinion.

It would also be nice to see The Bronco's with some monetary competition, to see how they REALLY fare monetarily without a monopoly.

Yes, there is a desperate need for another Brisbane club. However, the Cronulla mascot/logo is an obvious fit for the WA Sharks - a State known for its Great White maneaters.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2