Sharkies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Nrlc handing down report today so we should know tomorrow what state the sharks will be in for 2014, unless there are appeals and court cases to drag this on even further. It seems that coach Flanno will be made the scapegoat just like Hird in the gayfl.
Will it all be too much for the sharks players who had to endure one tuff season, can they dig deep two years running?
Interesting couple of days.

I don't like anything that harms the competition - any drug the Athlete takes to aid in recovery is OK by me:mad:

This ASADA witch hunt is over the top, bureaucrats justifying wasting Tax Payer Funds and knocking down dedicated Athletes in the process. :mad:

Sandor Earle proved that you don't become invincible - its a Team Sport fraught with injury after all. :cool:

Having a bye every week will have a great effect on the new TV deal and I doubt that it will happen.

One thing that irks me is that Flannagan has proclaimed his innocence throughout, no doubt trying to set up for some leniency in his penalty or even getting let off.

He is the head coach. Everything goes through him, the buck stops with him. He must go for one season, minimum. Im sure he will be banned for one season, but it irks me that he has proclaimed his innocence as the head coach. Man up and take some blame Shane

Gawd there are some drama queens about. Essendon were on the stuff via an inhouse program for 12 months for the entire squad in 2012 and into 2013. The Sharks are a dozen players for 7 weeks in 2011. The NRL may fine the Sharks club and ban some staff for a while but that's all.

Brissie Kid said:
Gawd there are some drama queens about. Essendon were on the stuff via an inhouse program for 12 months for the entire squad in 2012 and into 2013. The Sharks are a dozen players for 7 weeks in 2011. The NRL may fine the Sharks club and ban some staff for a while but that's all.

Drama queen? What are you talking about. Were you referring to me?

He is the head coach and he is accountable for everything that goes on regarding his players. He should take the blame for any wrong doing that happens under his watch, just as he takes the accolades for any outstanding achievements. Injecting ghrp and modified grf, despite being blown out of proportion by the clueless aussie media, gives an advantage to athletes - he authorized cheating under his watch. How is pointing that out being a drama queen?

Not sure if you can put the entire blame on the coach. Sure he is ultimately responsible but I don't think its so black and white you should make him take all the blame. You have to delegate, micro managing that level of detail in any organisation let alone a professional sportsteam would mean the entire thing would grind to a halt.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/central-queenslands-nrl-bid-prepared-to-merge-with-cronulla-sharks/story-fni3fbgz-1226784359886

Central Queensland's NRL bid prepared to merge with Cronulla Sharks
CHRIS GARRY EXCLUSIVE THE COURIER-MAIL DECEMBER 17, 2013

THE Central Queensland NRL bid team have fast-tracked stadium construction and drawn up a "2014 contingency document" in the event the Cronulla Sharks are crippled by the ASADA investigation.

With the Sharks expected to incur a seven figure fine in coming days, chief executive of the proposed Rockhampton-based club Denis Keeffe told The Courier-Mail a merged entity could be fully operational as early as February.

"If that did eventuate, and I won't make any comment about the likelihood of that happening (to the Sharks), we would be ready to go immediately," Keeffe said.

"We would prefer to have a licence to build our own club. If the NRL says there is a licence for a current club available then we would be interested too.

"We have plans that can be brought forward pretty quickly.''

Despite numerous denials, the code's senior officials did privately discuss the potential of the Sharks moving 1450km to Central Queensland earlier this year.

NRL chief executive Dave Smith is currently reviewing the independent report into the drug protocols of all 16 NRL clubs, including a more detailed analysis of the Sharks.

Large fines for Cronulla and suspensions of its staff are expected at a minimum.

A merger with a Central Queensland-based NRL side could be the best way for the Sharks to have an NRL presence in the short-term.

Under NRL rules, the game's governing body has the power to rescind any club's licence if they deem it financially insolvent.

To ensure they are ready if required, Rockhampton officials have drawn up plans in case they receive a call from Smith next month.

They have begun the "licencing and approval stage" for their stadium and pencilled in locations for their home games in 2014/15.

"We would prefer to play in a brand new world class stadium but we have plans in place just in case," Keeffe said.

"We have a plan that if the NRL says "go" we could play for a year and a half without a stadium.

"We have done a lot of work on the concept and the sizing of the stadium.

"Now it is about the licencing and approval stage which is about site selection and that is due to finish in June next year and from there it is 18 months of building.

I'd expect the Sharkies news to be released to the media between Xmas and new year so it gets as little coverage as possible.

Most of the Sharks team of 2011 are gone from the Sharks squad already. The NRL won't be taking points off 2014 Sharks or kicking them out of the competition. Some of the 2011 Sharks may eventually get banned for a while, even if they are now at another NRL club.

There is still the worry that players at other NRL clubs may have taken supplements without their club knowing and those players too could eventually get banned.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6