Semi Final / Grand Final

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ChuckWood

Reserve Grader
I'm sure all Manly fans are looking forward to the home semi final then hopefully a Grand Final appearance.

We managed to secure ourselves 9 general admission tickets late last week for the home semi final. This was done by priority bookings made by 3 mates that had flexi passes. I believe the limit was 3 tickets each. Not sure when they go on sale to the general public.

In relation to Grand Final tickets , I noticed that Clontaago , Garts and others had already purchased their tickets. Well done to them and it's definetely a comfort knowing you already have the tickets. I personally won't be rushing out to get GF tickets at this stage. On radio 2GB on Saturday , Ray Hadley made mention that Ticketek/NRL hold aside 14,000 Grand Final tickets for supporters of the 2 teams involved in the Grand Final. These will become available for sale the week prior to the game.

In relation to the home semi final , I had an idea that I passed on to Grant Mayer at The Football Club. With all Manly fans / players familiar with the song "Eagle Rock" by the Band - Daddy Cool. When I heard that Daddy Cool were reforming to support The Beach Boys on their national tour in November , I thought it would be a good idea if the Manly Club tried to get Daddy Cool to perform 2 or 3 songs ( including Eagle Rock ) prior to kick off at the home semi final.

Probably a long shot , but having been starved of any decent entertainment at Brooky games of late , I thought this may be a good opportunity to please the fans and also get the players and fans in a positive mood for the game. Grant Mayer replied to me saying that he liked the idea and that he would forward it to the NRL for their thoughts as it would be the NRL's decision.

See what happens , I guess ..........

Cheers
ChuckWood

Some posted on MWSE a while ago that the club bypassed Daddy Cool or the remnant due to exhorbitant fees being asked for the gig at Brookie. I reckon we would be doing them a favour and think your idea is a sensational one, if at the right price.

Manly doesn't get income from the game so we may not be keen to dig into funds for the DC.

In relation to Grand Final tickets , I noticed that Clontaago , Garts and others had already purchased their tickets. Well done to them and it's definetely a comfort knowing you already have the tickets. I personally won't be rushing out to get GF tickets at this stage. On radio 2GB on Saturday , Ray Hadley made mention that Ticketek/NRL hold aside 14,000 Grand Final tickets for supporters of the 2 teams involved in the Grand Final. These will become available for sale the week prior to the game.

Even better news is that tickets are available to the Season Tix/Flexi Pass holders exclusivley on the Monday prior to the GF. As you say no real need to jump the gun at this stage.

I was aware this was the case however I did not want to take the risk of only being able to get tickets behind the posts, If I could have only got those tickets yesterday I would not have purchased any!!!

Same here. The tickets they keep aside (btw they arent holding as many this year, I think its less than 10000) wont be in the best spot.

My tickets will be ebayed if the Eagles dont make the grand final.

My GF just had Ross Wilson perform at her work for the Wine and Food festival just 2 weeks back.

Perhaps to cut the fee down a little they would look into getting the front man instead of the whole band.

Same here. The tickets they keep aside (btw they arent holding as many this year, I think its less than 10000) wont be in the best spot.

My tickets will be ebayed if the Eagles dont make the grand final.

Each participating club in the GF receive an allocation of 7000 tickets each. Season Tix holders get a priority on the Monday with the unsold tix going on sale the following day. I like my odds of getting a ticket on the Monday.

There is no such thing as a good seat at Telstra. It is far and away the worst viewing ground I have ever been too. I have paid $150.00 for tix that were crap, I have paid $35.00 for tix that were crap, the members is crap (for viewing) and the 3 corporates that I have been to were no better. For me it will being part of the Manly supporters at the ground.

To be perfectly honest, for me it is about being part of the crowd,the atmosphere and sharing in the victory. Those experiences are best enjoyed with fellow supporters.

Plenty of time to watch the replays and the DVD that will be released when we win the GF.

[quote author=ChuckWood]

Even better news is that tickets are available to the Season Tix/Flexi Pass holders exclusivley on the Monday prior to the GF. As you say no real need to jump the gun at this stage.

[/quote]

Only the **** seats will be left by then. We'll give you a wave when we spot you behind one of the goal posts.

All the seats at Telstra are stuffed, happy for you to wave as Manly fans embrace and you wave around a Bulldogs/Slime/Cowboys/Bronco/Storm or worse a non supporter. I am happy to be in the bleachers, it is all about the event for me. What happens on the field will be magnified 100 times when shared with the supporters.

I've been to Telstra and sat in plenty of really really bad seats. I did manage to get a great seat once, I guess it would be Aisle 107, right on the half way line, half way up the stand. It was an SFS like view.

All the seats at Telstra are stuffed, happy for you to wave as Manly fans embrace and you wave around a Bulldogs/Slime/Cowboys/Bronco/Storm or worse a non supporter. I am happy to be in the bleachers, it is all about the event for me. What happens on the field will be magnified 100 times when shared with the supporters.

I can just see it...

Matabele one side of you, me, the other....

Corso: "Oh geez guys, your being way too noisy"
Ryan: "Snap, Clip, Gulp, Gulp, Gulp"
Mata: "Ryan, slow the drinking and make sure you keep your clothes on this time !"
Corso: "He doesn't do that does he? I have a professional appearance to keep up here"
Mata: "He does"
Corso: "Geez these seats are uncomfortable. Honestly, I demand some answers from the ground people here"
Mata: "Yes Pete" (sighs)
Ryan: "Gulp, Gulp, Gulp" (rolls eyes)
Corso: "Honestly though, the NRL need to answer my demands about why this is played at night !!!"
Mata: "Is that right Pete?" (subtle clicking noise behind Mata's back. Mata's hands also behind his back"
Ryan: "Beer, more beer...I need something listenning to this"
Corso: "You guys are negative. Your not true supporters. Mata - why do you compliment Ballin so much?"
Ryan: " Are you calling Mata positive or negative here?"
Corso: "Geez Ryan, why do you question anything I say, I'm the professional here. I'm the true supporter."
Mata: (Grits teeth, and produces fire-arm)
Ryan: (Knows what's coming).
Corso: "Come on Mata, that's not a FULLY licensed fire-arm you've produced. I have to question your intelligence here. Seriously, these gun associations have some questions that need answerring !!"
Ryan: "Screw this, I'm going to sit with Igor, and have a hug"
Corso: "Ryan, why are you leaving. Can't you hack it? Your very unprofessional. You don't think like me, so I don't want to talk to you anyway. I have a professional appearance to keep up here Mata. We're better off without Ryan - he'll only take off his clothes when blind anyway.
Mata: "yeah, I know"
Corso: "Why are you being so non chalonte? Are you questionning my integrity? I'm a true supporter you know !
Mata: "Mmm Hmm"
Corso: What are you trying to say? Your obvious flawed Mmm Hmm has no substance. I should make a complaint about this.

OK.....I'm bored now, but you get the idea... ;)

[quote author=Dan]
I wish I had home semi tickets :(

Use mine mate.

[/quote]

You have to do it via their website and cant do it via phone matas. I emaile dyou about it last week

[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Dan]
I wish I had home semi tickets :(

Use mine mate.

[/quote]

You have to do it via their website and cant do it via phone matas. I emaile dyou about it last week
[/quote]

email me what you want and I will buy for you.

nonchalont!!!

Well done Ryan though, a good read. It would be fun to add to it.

Are you going to keep your duds on this time? ;)

He'd better bloody well keep his clothes on as he's sitting next to me again!

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
nonchalont!!!

Well done Ryan though, a good read. It would be fun to add to it.

Are you going to keep your duds on this time? ;)

He'd better bloody well keep his clothes on as he's sitting next to me again!

[/quote]

I'll wear tracky duds. Easier and quicker to slip off on the cups!! :lol: :lol:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8