Selwyn Cobbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Reports of salary cap pressure are like reports linking to players.

Apply liberal salt.

For example we could be tight for next year but space opens up in 24.

Or it could be weve allocated funds for a signing and had designated x amount and not a dolkar more for Foz.

Who knows...the salary cap and roster management is a moving beast

Would instantly make us the best back 5 in the comp. But looks like a player manager move for him to re-sign for more dough. Don't see him leaving Donkeys and see the Donkeys giving him fullback money.

I am no longer getting my hopes up of a big name signing that we’re linked to. We haven’t made a big signing since Chris Bailey which was approximately 200 BC.

I’d rather be surprised and excited when we finally sign a high profile superstar.

No chance, we can't even keep Foran on a lowish wage, every player gets linked to Manly to boost their asking price.

No chance, we can't even keep Foran on a lowish wage,
With Foran 300k, Walker 465k & probably Taupau 850k (?) departing, this should free up 1.5M. I presume some contracts will be upgraded and if Fainu is able to play, his contract would be at least 400k. Maybe money is being freed up to sign a big name or a top class hooker to replace Fainu?

Edit: Tuilagi will using part of that freed cap space

Last edited:
With Foran 300k, Walker 465k & probably Taupau 850k (?) departing, this should free up @ 1.5M. I presume some contracts will be upgraded and if Fainu is able to play, his contract would be at least 400k. Maybe money is being freed up to sign a big name or a top class hooker to replace Fainu?
most of that coin will be pencilled in for next season with upgrades and other backended deals from previous seasons. it would be nice but it just doesnt work like that. to keep those players worth 1.5 it may have made up 2.6 over for next season as an example

I guess Taupau and Walker were our last flashy signings.

But the narrative we don't sign players is incorrect.

Saab
Garrick
Harper
Tuipulotu
Foran (second time round)
Walker
Croker
Bullemor
Davey
Lawton
Taupau
Aloiai
Paseka
Sipley
Keppie
Boyle
Tuilagi next year

All signed from elsewhere.

Now I get it, few of those are the sugar rush of a big signing but its a good thing our superstars are developed internally and we are finding value in the market and improving them.

Look at the Knights with Gagai, Frizell, Klemmer etc

Look at the Bulldogs with Dufty, Addo-Carr, Naden, Burton, Flangan, TPJ, Vaughan etc etc.

Flashy signings for little return

Obviously not anymore,didn’t you see that Foran is off to the Titans and according to the media,that’s what was stretching the cap and I haven’t heard said media mention Manly’s cap issues since Foran signed elsewhere despite links to other players.I suspect Manly are now in a position to sign Tedesco,Cleary,Taumalolo and an upgrade to TomT’s contract,now that Foran is off the books

You forgot Harry Grant. :rofl:

Just trying to bring the intelligence level up a bit.This signing is not happening and by discussing it,it gives credence to the journo/manager that wrote it.A lot of people bag journos for the rubbish they write(rightfully so) but then use said journos rumours or stories as a basis for their arguments or info
True
But perhaps we might be in the running for his brother Cornonthe?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10