Selwyn Cobbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
As shared in the signings thread

"Queensland coach Billy Slater has revealed he is considering Selwyn Cobbo for a shock Origin debut as Brisbane’s Magic Round rivals Manly hatch plans to poach the Broncos teenage sensation.

While Broncos sensation Selwyn Cobbo has surged into the frame for a shock Origin debut after a strong start to the season, a top Sydney club is also circling the young star.
News Corp can reveal the Sea Eagles are one of seven clubs to have expressed interest in the brilliant Cobbo, who has rocketed into Origin contention ahead of his 17th NRL game on Friday night against Manly at Suncorp Stadium."

BIG YES from me, not off contract till 2024 when we will have Harper and Parker off contract.

1.Trbojevic
2.Garrick
3.Koula
4.Cobbo
5.Saab/Tuipulotu

Is a tasty back 5 with Cobbo, Koula or Garrick as fullback back ups.

Long shot though as Broncos will be desperate to keep him at 7 clubs....oooft

As shared in the signings thread

"Queensland coach Billy Slater has revealed he is considering Selwyn Cobbo for a shock Origin debut as Brisbane’s Magic Round rivals Manly hatch plans to poach the Broncos teenage sensation.

While Broncos sensation Selwyn Cobbo has surged into the frame for a shock Origin debut after a strong start to the season, a top Sydney club is also circling the young star.
News Corp can reveal the Sea Eagles are one of seven clubs to have expressed interest in the brilliant Cobbo, who has rocketed into Origin contention ahead of his 17th NRL game on Friday night against Manly at Suncorp Stadium."

BIG YES from me, not off contract till 2024 when we will have Harper and Parker off contract.

1.Trbojevic
2.Garrick
3.Koula
4.Cobbo
5.Saab/Tuipulotu

Is a tasty back 5 with Cobbo, Koula or Garrick as fullback back ups.

Long shot though as Broncos will be desperate to keep him at 7 clubs....oooft
They'll need to include a chauffeur in the budget.

Yes, shocking behaviour discussing players linked to Manly on a Manly forum.....
Just trying to bring the intelligence level up a bit.This signing is not happening and by discussing it,it gives credence to the journo/manager that wrote it.A lot of people bag journos for the rubbish they write(rightfully so) but then use said journos rumours or stories as a basis for their arguments or info

Just trying to bring the intelligence level up a bit.This signing is not happening and by discussing it,it gives credence to the journo/manager that wrote it.A lot of people bag journos for the rubbish they write(rightfully so) but then use said journos rumours or stories as a basis for their arguments or info
Haha rough morning?

I agree the signing is quite unlikely.

That said discussing a linked player with liberal amounts of salt neither infers intellegence nor gives any credence to a supposed manager/journo making up a story.

Most likely Manly have expressed an interest along with many a club, most likely that expression is as far as it will go as the price would not be willing to be met.

But as stated, seems a bit silly to have a strop cause it is discussed

Haha rough morning?

I agree the signing is quite unlikely.

That said discussing a linked player with liberal amounts of salt neither infers intellegence nor gives any credence to a supposed manager/journo making up a story.

Most likely Manly have expressed an interest along with many a club, most likely that expression is as far as it will go as the price would not be willing to be met.

But as stated, seems a bit silly to have a strop cause it is discussed
Fair enough,the Brisbane weather is getting to me

Have play him at fullback and pay him comparative to other fullbacks
I was just taking the p*** @Disco...

Not sure if the move to FB will work in the short term as you need outstanding organisational skills and a big voice (which is often hard for a young kid finding his way in grade)...
Did not work for the last winger the broncs tried it with (Isaako) and has failed many times elsewhere...
You would think that Coates would have been a better FB option so maybe there are salary cap constraints at BroncosHQ that may see them struggle to retain Cobbo..?

He’s a gun player. And as such somehow I dont think his manager needs to pump up his value by making up stories about a 7th team looking at him. Wouldn’t the first 6 be enough? I doubt we’ll get him but recruitment wouldn’t be their job if they didn’t look at him at least.

This week Cobbo was in court and the hacks were upset that they couldn’t link Manly to the story. The solution? Link Cobbo to Manly and now every bad story about him can refer to Manly!

In all seriousness, great footballer and if he was genuinely exploring his options, you’d be crazy not to have a crack. At least drive his price up so another club has to pay big dollars for him!

I thought we were under a bit of cap pressure.
We must've signed the Rorters accountant.

Way out of our price range. As @Mark from Brisbane said, he won't leave the Donkeys. Too much juicy third party cash to be made.

I thought we were under a bit of cap pressure.
We must've signed the Rorters accountant.

Way out of our price range. As @Mark from Brisbane said, he won't leave the Donkeys. Too much juicy third party cash to be made.
Obviously not anymore,didn’t you see that Foran is off to the Titans and according to the media,that’s what was stretching the cap and I haven’t heard said media mention Manly’s cap issues since Foran signed elsewhere despite links to other players.I suspect Manly are now in a position to sign Tedesco,Cleary,Taumalolo and an upgrade to TomT’s contract,now that Foran is off the books

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4