Seibold Selection Surprises - 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bozo that bird might be able to do push ups but seriously, it's never going to get off the ground.

Bull plays origin in 23 and not as an edge forward as Des was working towards.

Weekes gets a run in every single game for Manly in season 23. (Excluding when unavailable with injury)

Bull plays origin in 23 and not as an edge forward as Des was working towards.

Weekes gets a run in every single game for Manly in season 23. (Excluding when unavailable with injury)
If this happens, it's likely we will have a successful season :heavycheck:

He's already given Jake a run at prop, so if he's selected there for Round 1 that won't be a surprise.
Based on form, selecting Fifita won't be a surprise, more a surprise if he omits him.
In fact I don't expect any surprise selections this week.
If there was a surprise, it could be leaving Aloia out. That would surprise. But purely on form Bull is a chance.
Leaving Weekes out of the 17 would also be a bit of a surprise. Is Fulton a shot for 14?
Or maybe he'll really surprise me and pick someone I haven't even thought of!

He's already given Jake a run at prop, so if he's selected there for Round 1 that won't be a surprise.
Based on form, selecting Fifita won't be a surprise, more a surprise if he omits him.
In fact I don't expect any surprise selections this week.
If there was a surprise, it could be leaving Aloia out. That would surprise. But purely on form Bull is a chance.
Leaving Weekes out of the 17 would also be a bit of a surprise. Is Fulton a shot for 14?
Or maybe he'll really surprise me and pick someone I haven't even thought of!
To me Fifita is a must based on trial form

Is Seibs going to get a honeymoon period for a couple of weeks regarding team selections .... are we going to just nod and say .. "that's not the team I would pick, but the coach probably has a plan"

OR are we getting stuck into him for picking the wrong players from the get go .. ?

Is Seibs going to get a honeymoon period for a couple of weeks regarding team selections .... are we going to just nod and say .. "that's not the team I would pick, but the coach probably has a plan"

OR are we getting stuck into him for picking the wrong players from the get go .. ?
Can I wait until after the game to answer your question Woodsie?

An article in the tele about Johns had this little bit "There is every chance Viliami Fifita would have been there as well only for a Covid scare to throw his potential debut into doubt"

Not sure what the scare is? has he been laid low? I hope he recovers and gets a shot.

IF the team looks like its playing to some kind of structure and plan and defends strongly but we get beat after putting in a solid effort he will be left alone for a bit. If we look like a complete rudderless rabble ala the Barrett years, then he will not get too much grace 🤣

Fulton is ordinary. Harper is crap. There are better options. Vaega to wing, Weekes 14. leave Parker in the centres. Johns at 5/8. I'm looking forward to next Tuesday.

I am probably alone here but laugh at the constant selection arguments made against the professionals who are around the team constantly day in day out vs our armchair guided critiquing .
The constant BS and speculation we are force fed by the media ,we are so far off of what is really happening in the team inner sanctum.
I am happy to give our new coach 2 years to get his system and team in place and us performing well in finals footy.

I am probably alone here but laugh at the constant selection arguments made against the professionals who are around the team constantly day in day out vs our armchair guided critiquing .
The constant BS and speculation we are force fed by the media ,we are so far off of what is really happening in the team inner sanctum.
I am happy to give our new coach 2 years to get his system and team in place and us performing well in finals footy.
Just because you see guys practise every day does not ensure you are a good selector.
I give you the Australian cricket squad in India as an example.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4