Season on the line ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Certainly a very important game and one we are desperate for a win in.

Not sure if I'd say the season is done though, owing to a incredibly close competition.

Yeah the souths loss and newcastle draw when we were in form really hurt us as now we are out of form and a couple more losses and the season is over again.

Yep Canberra, Newcastle and the bye. Really big 2 games ahead. Be nice to secure the 6 points from this run and not just 2.

Four losses are hard to overcome. Didn't think I'd see it again in 2023. The playing roster in unbalanced and decimated by injuries. I don't like what I've seen over the last 4 weeks. We are slow, sloppy, disorganised, don't look dangerous with the football and hemorrhage points without it. Unless things change very quickly we are looking at the bottom 4. Penn's assessment of this playing roster this year was flawed to say the least.

Spine just so far out of whack for many weeks now also apart from D C E "s really good efforts . Need a competitive spine at the very least . Turbo so far off his general expected game, very limited input at 6 , Froggy always trying to put in but unfortunately more pronounced this season falling short in being able to get the side on the front foot . Can 't just have one out of four spine players playing consistently well or to a good level and expect the rest of the side to be able to go on with it . Regrettably however just too much inconsistency also from a few other positions definitely not helping as well .

Certainly a very important game and one we are desperate for a win in.

Not sure if I'd say the season is done though, owing to a incredibly close competition.
The big unknown right now is, what if Turbo Tom and Schuster rediscover their old form that had oppositions back peddling with defence's in tatters. If this happens together with fewer injuries anything is possible.

The big unknown right now is, what if Turbo Tom and Schuster rediscover their old form that had oppositions back peddling with defence's in tatters. If this happens together with fewer injuries anything is possible.
But who is Schu going to put into a gap? Tommy Turtle? Pacey Parker? Brilliant Burbo?

Schu isn’t going to carve a side up on his own, he needs the runners to take advantage.

Anyway I think we’ll win but just on guts and desperation, not any flash brilliance from those guys.

I don't think it's lights out as such, if we lose. But it's getting awfully close to that. Something significant needs to change in order for us to avoid a bottom 4 finish - or heaven forbid, the spoon. I can't think of too many teams right now that are worse than us. Hopefully that changes.

We're in all sorts of trouble and, as usual, the gap between us and the truly top teams in the NRL is light years. A few wins and we could find ourselves in the top eight again, but a few losses and all we'll be in contention for is the spoon. My expectations are low. Really, no matter who we're playing these days, I don't expect a win.

All I look forward to is watching new players develop - that's where any hope we have for the future will lie. So it'll be nice to see Schuster out there again, and Burbo, and Fainu and Condon from the bench. A competitive game of footy would just be a bonus.

But who is Schu going to put into a gap? Tommy Turtle? Pacey Parker? Brilliant Burbo?

Schu isn’t going to carve a side up on his own, he needs the runners to take advantage.

Anyway I think we’ll win but just on guts and desperation, not any flash brilliance from those guys.
We have other good gap runners, Koula and Ola and don't sell Burbo short, he's good on the edges and has a good understanding with Shoe's plays and links well with the backline. I did start my comment with "what if" Tom gets his mojo back not Tommy Turtle ..lol.

Yeah although they’re on the other side from Schu.
True though, I’ve heard Burbo and Schu combined well in juniors, Sunday would be a good time to remind us!

I did start my comment with "what if" Tom gets his mojo back not Tommy Turtle ..lol.
Austin Powers GIF by Pixel Bandits

I think Burbo in will be a plus, jake back is awesome and at 13 is cool as long as he doesnt play first receiver
Tom looking to either play for origin or knowing he wont play and have some pressure off
schuster…….career moment coming up. Id presume he will be looking for impact to save some face
Lawnton finally getting some minutes but still looks a bit underdone should improve
DCE has been known to go into hibernation just before origin team selection. Jake playing 13 may just make that easier
struggling with keppie. Just seems too upright and gets dominated too often. Compounds it pushing the pass. Great defender, has some ticker.
Right side of DCE, oku, koula and saab seem fittest and most dangerous in reputation. need it to start paying off

Except for 2021 the last four years have been so so disappointing. Turbo is such a talent and I think he is going great considering his injuries and building nicely however if he plays like he did in 2021 and even pre 2021 we make the 8.

Except for 2021 the last four years have been so so disappointing. Turbo is such a talent and I think he is going great considering his injuries and building nicely however if he plays like he did in 2021 and even pre 2021 we make the 8.
I fear the Turbo boys will never reach the pinnacle of our game , and it makes me wonder if they mightn’t be better off ( personally ) heading to another team.

I doubt that’ll happen anytime soon but as they approach 30 it wouldn’t surprise me.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4