Season on the line ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Burbo in will be a plus, jake back is awesome and at 13 is cool as long as he doesnt play first receiver
Tom looking to either play for origin or knowing he wont play and have some pressure off
schuster…….career moment coming up. Id presume he will be looking for impact to save some face
Lawnton finally getting some minutes but still looks a bit underdone should improve
DCE has been known to go into hibernation just before origin team selection. Jake playing 13 may just make that easier
struggling with keppie. Just seems too upright and gets dominated too often. Compounds it pushing the pass. Great defender, has some ticker.
Right side of DCE, oku, koula and saab seem fittest and most dangerous in reputation. need it to start paying off
Just on who plays on what side, why can't Schuster swap with DCE and link with Ola, Koula and co instead ?

I fear the Turbo boys will never reach the pinnacle of our game , and it makes me wonder if they mightn’t be better off ( personally ) heading to another team.

I doubt that’ll happen anytime soon but as they approach 30 it wouldn’t surprise me.
I would be genuinely shocked if that ever happened Mark. Ben maybe but not all 3. Its time for not just these 3 but all of them to dig in on Sunday. I expect a big effort from Condon and Fainu. They get their chance to show something so they don't (particularly Condon) want to blow it. And it is a bit tough expecting Shu to set the game a light first game but I reckon Tom and the others will be looking forward to getting a bit more space to do something and not just have to try and bust a tackler thats already on top of them. Having the Raiders fall into complaceny will also help! 😁

I would be genuinely shocked if that ever happened Mark. Ben maybe but not all 3. Its time for not just these 3 but all of them to dig in on Sunday. I expect a big effort from Condon and Fainu. They get their chance to show something so they don't (particularly Condon) want to blow it. And it is a bit tough expecting Shu to set the game a light first game but I reckon Tom and the others will be looking forward to getting a bit more space to do something and not just have to try and bust a tackler thats already on top of them. Having the Raiders fall into complaceny will also help! 😁
Complacency ( by the Raiders ) is our only real chance , but even with that , we could **** it up.

As to the Turbo’s , in reality I agree , but I feel for them , two superstars , potentially destined to be in a mediocre team for their playing lives.

As to the Turbo’s , in reality I agree , but I feel for them , two superstars , potentially destined to be in a mediocre team for their playing lives.
Yeah, it will be an absolute tragedy if Jake and Tom end their careers without having won a premiership for Manly. But the reality is, that's far more likely than not.

Last edited:
I fear the Turbo boys will never reach the pinnacle of our game , and it makes me wonder if they mightn’t be better off ( personally ) heading to another team.

I doubt that’ll happen anytime soon but as they approach 30 it wouldn’t surprise me.
The thing is, the only clubs that could afford (or need) them are those that aren't competing for a premiership either. In reality, Penrith, Souths, Melbourne etc aren't going to be landing destinations.

If they want to win a premiership, they really need to build it here.

Interestingly listening to the Liam Knight podcast with both brothers, they were asked about premierships and Jake said that 'premierships won't define me as a player'.

But who is Schu going to put into a gap? Tommy Turtle? Pacey Parker? Brilliant Burbo?

Schu isn’t going to carve a side up on his own, he needs the runners to take advantage.

Anyway I think we’ll win but just on guts and desperation, not any flash brilliance from those guys.
I believe we have a balance of brilliance in the team that Not only the Shu but also DCE can take advantage

I believe Our offensive list is quite Impressive
Headed by the fastest runner in the game in Saab
Other offensive Impressive try scoring finishers are Koula , Garrick , Haumole , Bullermor
And Tommy close to the line has the power to score and set up tries him self
Fainu off the bench is also an exciting proposition as he has been the form player for Blacktown Eagles

Our greatest Advantage would be complying to a winnable game plan from the coach and competing resiliently for the full 80 minutes just like the winning sides like the Dolphins do
and over achieve

At the moment we are playing below winnable standards and are underachieving

At the moment we are not competing like a compelling finals team

We need to change our momentum
and change it soon before the cow jumps over the moon
and our dream finals season is over

Copy Editor's Corner | More Than vs. Over - Keybridge Communications

Despite the injuries the team needs to stand up on Sunday. Looking to see a dramatic uplift in intensity and overall attitude
Injuries are part of the game

Team Resolute is part of the character in the players that a competent coach inspires and over achieves

For every set back there is either an excuse for submitting to failure
Or an inspirational Resolution to overcome adversity and Prevail

We either Measure up or our Season is up
NO EXCUSES !
Any one of us can get paid as head coach and offer excuses for loses

No excuses! #addicted2success | Motivation success, Success quotes ...

Last edited:
Interestingly listening to the Liam Knight podcast with both brothers, they were asked about premierships and Jake said that 'premierships won't define me as a player'.
That is interesting, and refreshing to hear.

In Jake's case, I think it's probably true as well: everybody loves him and the way he plays, not just Manly fans. And he's won State of Origins and a World Cup for Australia. Tom, too, has dominated State of Origin games, although injuries have also limited his opportunities.

I guess the "tragedy" of them not winning a premiership for Manly would really only be from a fan's perspective. But they'll be remembered as champion players and Manly greats no matter what.

Just on who plays on what side, why can't Schuster swap with DCE and link with Ola, Koula and co instead ?
Be nice. I wanted foran on the right side last season also. Worth watching the 2 games foz played right last season ,

ive presumed that dce plays that side to favour his kick

That is interesting, and refreshing to hear.

In Jake's case, I think it's probably true as well: everybody loves him and the way he plays, not just Manly fans. And he's won State of Origins and a World Cup for Australia. Tom, too, has dominated State of Origin games, although injuries have also limited his opportunities.

I guess the "tragedy" of them not winning a premiership for Manly would really only be from a fan's perspective. But they'll be remembered as champion players and Manly greats no matter what.
And Im sure he finished that thought in his head - "won't define me as a player ...... but it would be nice." Actually, its Jake so it would be "pleasing".

The Truth is ....
They will be known as Manly Greats with the Greatest Regret of not having the Great Honor of Winning a Grand final for Manly

Every Year Our Legendary club Celebrate Our Great Grand final teams and our Great Grand final Premiership winning Heroes and the Benchmark of our success

Magnificent Manly Memories are made of this
Lower our Legendary clubs Great Standards and we stand for nothing Great

1996 Optus Cup Grand Final Manly vs. St. George - YouTube

I actually had this feeling before last weeks loss to the Sharks....but why not.....I'm happy to double dip :mm:

I actually had this feeling before last weeks loss to the Sharks....but why not.....I'm happy to double dip :mm:
Thats funny feathered friend

As long as we dont double dip lower down the Premiership Winning Ladder this Sunday

Sing with me @maxta
Sunday just Isn't Sunday without a Manly Winning Team !

How Manly Sea Eagles lost an NRL premiership winning team and where ...

I remember My North Sydney Bear friends supporters became so immune to losing
It did not faze them any more and were just happy to win a game here and there
And this Mentality in the whole Bears club never got them any where
Accept for finally being put out of their misery and In Hibernation for Ever

Bye Bye Bears

Image tagged in cliff dating - Imgflip

Last edited:
I could not Bare for my Club Manly Ending up like the Bears

We need to start Winning Premierships again and to be a Respected Premiership winning force again and Rise up like the Real Deal Sea eagles to our Legendary clubs high standards

2011 is a long time living and Resting off our past Laurels

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4