Season 2022 covid thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
At least the players don’t have to suffer those bubbles anymore , and flying direct into QLD, bussing to the venue , bussing back to the airport and flying home at 3am.

Jeez that must have been hard work.

Had a bad headache today but decided to take Nurofen instead of paracetamol...just so I wasn't related to para

Honest question: why was the Covid discussion thread shut down?

I thought it was a pretty civil discussion in the general discussion thread and was interesting hearing others points of view and also their experiences with Covid.

If we can’t have civil discussions and hear others viewpoints (not aimed at Silvertials entirely) we end up living in echo chambers.

Seems a shame it was closed down.
Listen to those crickets...

Yup we used to fish for them off the wooden bridge near the netball courts with handlines and meatballs. We caught some massive ones too
Must be colonies of Eels in water courses all along the Eastern sea board , well in tropical and sub tropical sections at least . Have about 2 and a half K L M"s of a large fresh water creek and also a series of lagoons in and around my property here in Nth QLD and Eels seem to thrive here as well . Spend many hundreds of hours and with friends swimming in all sections of the creek in my younger years but never encounted one directly or noticed any under the surface so must be fairly benign creatures , Used to be annoying however when trying to do a bit of fishing there as they always seemed to be attracted to some baited hook before any fish . Tried to save as many as i could but some people maintain that they can be quite good eating with the right method of cooking and other ingredients . Certainly must have good survival instincts as used to occasionally irrigate from some of the lagoons and the water table would drop for some time before being replenished again from underground springs , Resident Eels would have some limited water for a while but seemed to have no problems surviving until the water table was restored to its original level again

We may have differing view points mate but it’s interesting hear how/why/when you’ve come to your views.
That’s discussion right. Two people with opposing views discussing their own vantage points.

I don’t think anyone was advocating that Silvertailers follow a certain medical treatment or not abide by gov regulations - I saw the comments as just giving their viewpoints on why they’ve made the decisions they have.

Anyway….

Go Manly.
We agree on some things, while on others we don't. That's life brother. The thought police want us to all think, act, and speak the same. The closing down of the Covid thread reminds me of an NRL led investigation into the Broncos - sweep, sweep, nothing to see here folks.

And yes, go Manly. It's going to be a big year me thinks.

I heard today that Parramatta Eels are dropping the parra from their name so people don't keep associating them with the Parra eels

Listen to those crickets...
Perhaps the cricket discussion is in another forum? I wouldn't expect to find cricket discussion in the Rugby League Forum. Maybe it could be found near the General Covid Discussion thread, in the General Discussion Forum?

Perhaps the cricket discussion is in another forum? I wouldn't expect to find cricket discussion in the Rugby League Forum. Maybe it could be found near the General Covid Discussion thread, in the General Discussion Forum?
Wait, is this a a footy thread? I though it was about how Covid might impact the upcoming season, fishing for eels in various waterways, and why we all hate Parramatta.

I was looking for the cricket/covid thread too.

Yeah. ‘Only’ 60% of our players have had Covid. So probably more are likely to contract it as soon as the season starts than other clubs.
Anyway, looks like the bloody thing will decide this year’s comp - not talent or injuries, or refereeing.

Yeah. ‘Only’ 60% of our players have had Covid. So probably more are likely to contract it as soon as the season starts than other clubs.
Anyway, looks like the bloody thing will decide this year’s comp - not talent or injuries, or refereeing.
[/QUOTE

Your probably right @Rosko Each team's ability to play first grade level players each week will have a massive impact on deciding this year's comp. Depth is key in 2022. All clubs will be using their full squad this year, plus others who are sitting just outside the 30 because of Covid impacts. I think our 30 man squad stacks up pretty well though, with most fringe squad players capable of stepping up to first grade level.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4