Sean Meaney

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Anyone notice that the Tigers V Rabbits game that Sean Meaney was a try scorer for the Tigers - I think he is good player but we have too many wingers already.

Like JP Cherry, a permanent fixture in reserve grade unfortunately for the guy. I think he DID once get a shot in 1st grade, but got injured. I might be wrong.

Good luck to him though at The Toigs - I do have a soft spot for our local juniors, and hope he succeeds.

Back in the good old days Manly cast offs like Meaney and Afamasaga and Stephenson would probably have played for Norths.  Now they play for Tiggers and the sharks. 

In fact it would have been interesting to see if Dorn, Mullane, Randall etc would have played for Norths when Manly got rid of them instead of going to ESL? 

Meaney had some potential but he is not going to get a run ahead of Brett Stewart and since a leg operation has not looked as effective as when he was an up and coming junior.

Canteen Worker link said:
Meaney had some potential but he is not going to get a run ahead of Brett Stewart and since a leg operation has not looked as effective as when he was an up and coming junior.

Probably a good move then to the tiggers he only has Shannon McDonald and Shannon Gallant in front of him.

Too many shannons at the tigers IMO, Sean was full of promise early but just didn't have the extra 1% to make NRL - as CW said a bad injury at the wrong time didn't help his development.  A Manly junior though, so it is always sad to see them go elsewhere.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8