SeaEagles v Dragons MnF @WIN Jubilee Rd8 Game day thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pick the Margin Manly v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m hearing that Brett’s hammy won’t be right by Monday night too. With Buhrer out, we are very very thin on the ground. I would expect the side to look something like this.

1. Hiku
2. Tafua
3. Lyon
4. Tonga
5. Wolf
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Choc
12. Horo
13. Gifty
14. Gower
15. Rose
16. Symonds
17. Sene-Lefao

I continue to be extremely worried by this game.

Still a great side Ralphie. We'll be right mate. Have faith. :angel:
I tipped the Dragons for the spoon at the beginning of the season, so we have to beat them. :s

Clint said:
I tipped the Dragons for the spoon at the beginning of the season, so we have to beat them. :s

I agree there is still a lot of quality in the side, but I think the stats show that we have rarely (if ever) won at Kogarah. This is one of the great Rugby League HooDoos.

If Hiku plays then he will be better than last game. No first game nerves. Tonga will do his job. He's been there done that. The bench is a bit thin but a lot of people on here will tell you that Rose deserves to be there anyway. I'm not sold on Gower but he had 1 good game out of 3 so we know he can do it. Haven't seen enough of Jesse Sene-Lefao but he looks like a bit of a unit. We'll be ok.

I'm a fan of Ritchie Fa'aoso and his aggression but he's really let the team down i feel. Our big bopper stocks have taken a hit after losing Joe G for the year as well. Rose is a fairly good replacement though.

If snake is out I'd rather big red at centre. Don't like having hiku and tonga in the starting side together.

I don't think we lose that much with JB out. He hasn't been to creative or making an impact in his last few games. With Jamie controlling the back line, and our forwards doing their jobs we will win. Gower is an ex-goons player and I always think they put in an extra effort against their old clubs. Their fat man hasn't played for a year so he'll be rusty. Glenn should be better than last week and some combinations will return. I predict Tom S to have a blinder and score a brace.

Ralphie said:
Clint said:

I agree there is still a lot of quality in the side, but I think the stats show that we have rarely (if ever) won at Kogarah. This is one of the great Rugby League HooDoos.

I was at Jubilee in the early eighties when the Dragons had the game in the bag and with a couple of minutes to go Simon Booth took an intercept and ran the length of the field to score and win the game for the Sea Eagles. Great day.

Yeah we have beaten st george and illawarra at their homes plenty of times, just not so often once they became the st merge illawarra chokers.

Also (northern eagles?) beaver scored from a kick in the last minute to win a game, and Hoppa scored a length of the field intercept try when we beat them comfortably another year (when brown slapped barrett)

Ralphie said:
I’m hearing that Brett’s hammy won’t be right by Monday night too. With Buhrer out, we are very very thin on the ground. I would expect the side to look something like this.

1. Hiku
2. Tafua
3. Lyon
4. Tonga
5. Wolf
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Choc
12. Horo
13. Gifty
14. Gower
15. Rose
16. Symonds
17. Sene-Lefao

I continue to be extremely worried by this game.

When you look at that team you realise that not only did we lose the match with Souffs we lost the fight. We're missing four players from our team, yet I think Souffs have retained the same squad.
That game could have derailed our season.

I don't think it has derailed the season but it has definitely put us behind the eight ball for this upcoming game.

I can't believe the Dragons are priced around $2.70 for the win.

Hmmmmm
From Moley
More team news from Moley - some kid called JAMES HASSON looks like debuting for @manlyseaeagles on Monday.

Peta Hiku and Gutherson both played today and Jamie Buhrer must be out with his knee.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Hmmmmm
From Moley
More team news from Moley - some kid called JAMES HASSON looks like debuting for @manlyseaeagles on Monday.

Peta Hiku and Gutherson both played today and Jamie Buhrer must be out with his knee.

Yes. Hasson wasn't in the reserve grade match today, so the report has validity.

Hasson is a second rower. Wouldn't that give us three second rowers on the bench - Gower, Seni-hyphen?? and Hasson, plus Rose?
Seems unbalanced to me, particularly as our other second rowers (plus Big Red) can play 80-minutes.

I'd imagine that Gower and Rose will be our front rowers on the bench. If they put Symonds at centre then Jesse would also be on the bench.

Hasson usually plays second row but looks big enough to play at prop if required.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6