Sea Eagles young gun picked for NSW under-18s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
TOM Trbojevic’s scintillating form with Manly’s Holden Cup side this season has seen him named in NSW’s under-18s squad.

The Baby Blues take on Queensland in the State of Origin II curtain-raiser next Wednesday night at ANZ Stadium and the Pittwater High student can’t wait to prove himself.

Read More

TOM Trbojevic’s scintillating form with Manly’s Holden Cup side this season has seen him named in NSW’s under-18s squad.

The Baby Blues take on Queensland in the State of Origin II curtain-ra
TOM-Trbojevic.jpg
iser next Wednesday night at ANZ Stadium and the Pittwater High student can’t wait to prove himself.

“I was happy to get the call-up, it is a massive accolade,’’ the 17-year-old said.

“The atmosphere will be great, hopefully we can get the right result.”

Trbojevic will play in the centres next week and will echo the achievement of his older brother Jake, who was in the same Blues junior representative team back in 2011 as an interchange prop.

“I played centres in the SG Ball last year, so it is not an unfamiliar position for me,’’ he said.

“To be honest I am happy to play anywhere, I am confident I can do the job.

“Jake was over the moon for me after I told him I got picked, having both of us in this team at different stages is something the family is proud of.”

Mark Dailhou, who has taught at Pittwater High School for 20 years, yesterday labelled Trbojevic the standout high school athlete he has seen come through the gates.

“He is outstanding, and could have chosen a path in many different sports,’’ he said.

“Tom excelled from a young age in rugby union, surf life saving and aussie rules, but what most people don’t know is that he also showed outstanding potential in basketball and volleyball, he really is a natural athlete.

“We tested him in a mock game against some volleyballers and he blitzed them, his athletic talents never cease to amaze.”

At the recent NSW schoolboy rugby league championships in Newcastle, Trbojevic was named player of the tournament after standing out for NSW Combined High Schools.

He is off contract from the Sea Eagles at the end of 2015 but has stated his desire to stay in maroon and white long term.

Andrew Prentice
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-young-gun-picked-for-nsw-under18s/story-fngr8iii-1226949651411

So we have Tom next year (and he wants to stay).

You would hope and expect our powers-that-be have a trained eye on Tom, and his brother Jake, with their futures here in mind.

Congratz to Tom, and good luck against QLD.

Am I the only one annoyed that every article about Manly players seems to refer to their contract status & the idea of them leaving?

Manly's success really does eat some people doesn't it!

^ Yeah, really look forward to seeing them play together in the top grade. And I think there are more of them coming through?

Fluffy said:
The Turbos do look to be the next big brotherly thing at manly

The last two sets didn't work out too well, hope we get it right the third time

"He is off contract from the Sea Eagles at the end of 2015 but has stated his desire to stay in maroon and white long term"
Good boy.

Looks like we might have the next Stewart brothers coming through our ranks.

The turbo boys look the goods.

Turbojet and Tom Terrific are essentials for Manly's future. Gutherson makes up the trio of players Manly need to sign up quickly and stop looking elsewhere until they are signed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6