Sea Eagles V Rabbits Team lists & chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Sea Eagles V Rabbits Team lists & chat

most of the news hits twitter first nowadays via NRLnews, big league, leagueweek, TripleM,leagueunlimited, etc
really good way to get info

Masked Eagle link said:
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=187179.msg328619#msg328619 date=1301445326]
Some interesting stats for the game

Manly have won all 6 matches they played at Bluetongue since 2007

The average points per game in those 6 games was 39

Souffs fans have an average of 4 missing teeth (not an official NRL stat)

Manly has won 5 from their last 7 against Souffs

The teams have played 125 games against each other, Sea Eagles 69, Rabbitohs 56

Rabbitohs halves stink becuase they don't compliment each other and try to show each other up (not an official NRL stat)

Rabbitohs believe their own press and will enter the game over confident (not an official NRL stat)

We did lose a few in the Northern Eagles days.  Some people will say it was a different club, but I consider Beaver a one team player and I don't think you can have it both ways.
[/quote]

note the stats says "since 2007" not all time

Looks like either Inglis or Merritt will paly fullback.

loosing those 2 being replaced by debutants and Luke's head being a scrambled egg the Rabbitohs odds will blow out a chunk

Captain of the Gate link said:
[quote author=Masked Eagle link=topic=187179.msg328643#msg328643 date=1301451449]
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=187179.msg328619#msg328619 date=1301445326]

Rabbitohs halves stink becuase they don't compliment each other and try to show each other up (not an official NRL stat)

Rabbitohs believe their own press and will enter the game over confident (not an official NRL stat)

We did lose a few in the Northern Eagles days.  Some people will say it was a different club, but I consider Beaver a one team player and I don't think you can have it both ways.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, realise that.  Just heard a few people say we have never lost at Blue Tongue, whereas I don't believe that's the case.

tookey link said:
[quote author=manlyforever08 link=topic=187179.msg328533#msg328533 date=1301404595]
yeh what's the deal with Wolfie?? :S

He picked up a knee injury last week and won't play on Friday night.  Either oldfield or t-rex will play wing
[/quote]

Ahh now i've read the article saying that. I noticed he was limping end of the first half on Sunday but he played alright in the 2nd half. Oldie should get the spot!

LeagueWeek Rhys Wesser (hamstring) and Sam Burgess (shoulder not ready) are out of the Rabbitoh's round four game against Manly. #NRL

LeagueWeek Souths juniors Nathan Peats and Kane Morgan to make NRL debuts. Merritt to fullback, Morgan on wing. Crocker starting, Peats to bench. #NRL

Matt K link said:
Seems odd - Fui Fui demolished him but Luke was still named - a tough nut but you would think doctors orders & safety regulations would not allow it. I'm sure Des will prepare the team as though he is there.

There is no mandatory "safety regulations" for concussions. If he can meet the required levels for his pre season mental function tests than he will play. I'd hazard a guess and suggest that it is not a high bar.

Masked Eagle link said:
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=187179.msg328651#msg328651 date=1301451882]
[quote author=Masked Eagle link=topic=187179.msg328643#msg328643 date=1301451449]

We did lose a few in the Northern Eagles days.  Some people will say it was a different club, but I consider Beaver a one team player and I don't think you can have it both ways.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, realise that.  Just heard a few people say we have never lost at Blue Tongue, whereas I don't believe that's the case.
[/quote]

Has the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles ever lost at gosford?
The entire time of Beagles doesnt exist to me,i dont give a ****
what they did,they were a temporary marriage to our sister club

Thought the team list was suss. BTW, all I read was the injury lists in the DT and noticed all three were listed, and from there assumed they wouldnt play.

Just seemed to me that all three pulling up good for Souths was unlikely, and I was right.

I'm just curious is to how Issac Luke is.. and if they are possibly giving him til the last moment see if his head is ok.

manlyforever08 link said:
I'm just curious is to how Issac Luke is.. and if they are possibly giving him til the last moment see if his head is ok.

The papers were saying that there might be an official rule on concussions by this week anyway, would be interesting if the NRL ruled him out themselves.

They should, concussion is a brain smack.  There again, if you play for Souths there's very little there to smack. 

For the Rabbitohs Sam Burgess & Rhys Wesser have both been reported as out of this match:

"second-rower Sam Burgess ruled out of Friday night's clash with Manly.
Fullback Rhys Wesser will also miss the Bluetongue Stadium encounter with a hamstring problem.
Lang is yet to name a replacement for either player, with Nathan Merritt and Michael Crocker the likely candidates."

Souths can be just as dangerous with those 2 replacements, we'd better be on our game..

---

Manly v Souths Record last 5 years:
Played 10 - Sea Eagles Won 7, Souths Won 3:

Year Round      Home Team  Result  Away Team
2010 Round 15 Sea Eagles (W) 26 - 25 Rabbitohs
2010 Round 8 Rabbitohs 22 - 30 (W) Sea Eagles
2009 Round 22 Sea Eagles 22 - 36 (W) Rabbitohs
2009 Round 6 Rabbitohs 8 - 24 (W) Sea Eagles
2008 Round 23 Rabbitohs (W) 40 - 32 Sea Eagles
2008 Round 4 Sea Eagles (W) 20 - 2 Rabbitohs
2007 Round 23 Rabbitohs (W) 24 - 18 Sea Eagles
2007 Round 14 Sea Eagles (W) 14 - 2 Rabbitohs
2006 Round 24 Sea Eagles (W) 38 - 16 Rabbitohs
2006 Round 19 Rabbitohs 20 - 26 (W) Sea Eagles

---

SportsTAB odds for $1.00 bet on Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles @ Gosford Fri 01Apr11 Head to Head:
(@ 29Mar11) Souths 2.00 / Manly 1.80
(@ 31Mar11) Souths 2.15 / Manly 1.68

---

Come on Manly boys!

No Names no longer: Rabbits for main course
Glenn Jackson

AS NATHAN PEATS and Kane Morgan sat at No Names restaurant in Maroubra Junction Hotel to watch South Sydney play Parramatta last Friday night as part of their pre-match tradition, the two wondered aloud when they would be out there on that particular stage.

''We said, 'Imagine if we made our debuts next week, together','' Peats recalled yesterday. ''We go to dinner every week before our games, just a few of us. It's our routine. We just sat there watching the Souths game on TV, just having a laugh.''

Peats, 20, and Morgan, 21, have waited years for their moment, and it is just one of league's little quirks that they will share it on the same night, against Manly tomorrow in Gosford.

more @ http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/no-names-no-longer-rabbits-for-main-course-20110330-1cgdi.html

More on these two at the DT
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/kane-morgan-and-nathan-peats-latest-talents-to-roll-off-south-sydney-rabbitohs-production-line/story-e6frexnr-1226030920030

See they call them outstanding talents in the paper. High praise seeing they have'nt played first grade yet. Wonder will they feel added pressure to live up to the hype. Hope so!

I really hope we put the vermin to the sword tomorrow night, absolutely no love for Rusty and his media darling struggle street bunnies.

ManlyBacker link said:
Peats: \"Mum started crying when I told her.\"

She obviously heard what happened to the Knights last week, she's heard all about Manly's brutal defence lol.

For Peats sake :)

197451_188131801232184_100001060960710_510988_423161_s.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7