Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders @FortBrookie game day chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ive never believed in the theory that NRL teams deliberately go into some games with a no care attitude with one eye on the next weeks "bigger" game. But today......?

It was almost as if our forwards were in the above mindset, in contrast to our backs who wanted to win.

Strange game.

I had Brett Stewart as man of the match with Glenn a close second

How good is Matai. Would hate to lose him and Snake. Snake was great. Thank god we got away with the 2 points

Ceagle said:
torana355 said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
Luckily for us every bounce of the ball and ref's decision went our way.
Yep you are right, we played like crap IMO.

I thought we played alright, Canberra really turned up today.

I think we are making the **** teams look good though some soft defense around the ruck. Our execution in attack was bad today aswell.

Poor performance, we'd want to show up with a better attitude and execution next week or we'll get lapped...

Canberra deserve plenty of credit for their efforts today

Have no doubt we will be using a different game plan against Brisbane on Friday

Yeah the standouts were Whare, Ballin and Snakes defense. Matai was great out of dummy half but he needs to be patient when he makes a big break.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Canberra deserve plenty of credit for their efforts today

Have no doubt we will be using a different game plan against Brisbane on Friday

Will be a tough game with the short turn around. Hopefully Foz will be back

• 👍
Reactions: PJ
Volley said:
Whare has to start when Wolfman's back.

How good is it 3 quality wingers gunning for 2 spots.
All 3 will play when Brett's out for origin.

Thank god for the win even if it was crap, would be a major embarrassment if we lost this. Major improvement is needed or we're doomed!

I expect our forwards, particularly up front, will cop an absolute pasting on here this week, but I have no doubt that they were playing to the gameplan Toovey sent them out with, and he asked for more of the same after halftime as well

Next week I can see us going back towards a forwards orientated gameplan, like last week against the Dogs

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8