Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders @FortBrookie game day chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eelcatcher said:
Thank god for the win even if it was crap, would be a major embarrassment if we lost this. Major improvement is needed or we're doomed!
FFS everyone, give The Raiders some credit! Lars, shillington, Dugan, Ferguson etc etc etc - they are a team people predicted would contend this year. They always give Melb a run for their money.

Ryan said:
eelcatcher said:
Thank god for the win even if it was crap, would be a major embarrassment if we lost this. Major improvement is needed or we're doomed!
FFS everyone, give The Raiders some credit! Lars, shillington, Dugan, Ferguson etc etc etc - they are a team people predicted would contend this year. They always give Melb a run for their money.

Mate Brisbane put 30 on them and the Sharks put 44 on them, we were poor in execution.

I agree with Ryan, we weren't poor and the Raiders on that form would have beaten plenty of teams. We were a bit over-extravagant in the 1st half, I was worried it might comeback to haunt us.

torana355 said:
Ryan said:
eelcatcher said:

Mate Brisbane put 30 on them and the Sharks put 44 on them, we were poor in execution.

In my opinion mate, they are a rocks and diamonds team. Today was their diamond day. I'm proud as punch of the team.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I agree with Ryan, we weren't poor and the Raiders on that form would have beaten plenty of teams. We were a bit over-extravagant in the 1st half, I was worried it might comeback to haunt us.

If not for the penalty count in our favor and Snakes defense we would have lost that game to a team that was paying $5.00!!! We were poor and that is being fair. Its not a fluke that the bad teams look like they play their best games against us.

The odds have nothing to do with how they played today, that is a fair stretch to be quoting that

torana355 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

If not for the penalty count in our favor and Snakes defense we would have lost that game to a team that was paying $5.00!!! We were poor and that is being fair.

Ryan said:
Plus, 4 extra passes stick, we carve them up

But they didn't stick and most of them shouldn't have been thrown. We were never really on top today and could have been with better execution.
The mood on the hill was subdued to say the least.

Didn't build pressure today. Looked like they were trying to paint the walls, before they'd built the house. Don't seem to bring their A game against the lesser rated teams, especially at Brookie.

Happy enough to just get the 2 points at this stage of the season. Foran and T Rex make a huge difference to our team. If you are playing your best football at this stage of the season then it's unlikely you will hold it all the way to October. We are building albeit slowly and when we get back to full strength and past origin then I think we will see the real Manly show its strength.

Worried if we can make it through the Origin period tbh, We will probably see Both Stewarts, Watmough, T-Rex, DCE, all picked.

Ceagle said:
Worried if we can make it through the Origin period tbh, We will probably see Both Stewarts, Watmough, T-Rex, DCE, all picked.

Barring injuries from our origin players we should be fine, we have byes for the second and third origin games. We will only lose these players for the Roosters game during SOO 1.

I don't think DCE will play. Sheens leaving him on the bench for the ANZAC test was a masterstroke. Thanks Sheensy.

Happy with the win on another beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon at Brooky but they still have plenty of work to do on their combinations. The Raiders aimed up and the boys had to scramble all afternoon. I think they were trying to be positive but kept making errors and that kept the scores close. With a bit of patience they could have sustained more pressure and come up with more points but that will come.

I have to say, I was happy to see the boys come around the fence after the game. Usually it's just Matty Ballin and Jamie Buhrer but it was great to see them do it as I'm sure many of us that were there, appreciated the opportunity to say well done.

Feeling underwhelmed with that win. We really should have won comfortably.

Also I'm growing tired of going into halftime where we've given the opposition a head start. Too often we find ourselves giving away too much possession in the first half.

No Foran
No T-Rex
No Joe
No Wolf

Raiders desperate and playing well, us not playing well and we win.

I'll take that.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8