Post-Game Discussion Sea Eagles v Broncos [Round 10, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
50 Suncorp Stadium
14 May 2021 20:05
80th minute

Match Stats

That's demanding teammates are accountable! Probably even more effective coming from your teammates than from the coach (or fans!)
Same for Schu's no-look flops, I think he got a dirty look from Turbo at one point!

I think the bronx were far better than the score indicated. Considering how much ball we had in the first half they were pretty committed. The try they scored just on halftime put them right in the contest even though we were dominant.

Dce played well and gave us opportunity rarely seen in a long time with deft kicking and a smart outlook on posession. He had some luck but created it by having a go. I really hope he continues with this style of play. If he plays this way more often he is bound to improve and we will press the better teams

The forwards played very well collectively but i find over the last couple of seasons that has happened many times without result. Tapau and afb were unstoppable last season but it ammounted to squat as we squandered posession on low percentage plays.

The bronco game we showed patience and respect and the reults came.

The sin binning really spoilt a game that i wasnt sure we had iced yet. We still looked a little suseptable. Not sure if that was history nagging away or the fact we shelved the smart footy we displayed in the first half. Maybe the broncos just kept trying

Most of my friends are bronx supporters so ultimately , its all gone quiet over there.
And thats the way aha aha i like it aha aha. No need to say a thing

I was quite the antagonist in the 30 years i lived in bris vegas and sported manly and nsw gear like i was in the team much to the disgust of almost everyone. My middle digit got such a workout in those years

So many people on friday night would have just known i was smiling and would have whispered out loud, ****ING JAMES mother ........... It also means if brisbane beat us in two years by a point , my friends that have there phones currently off the hook will flood my inbox like seagulls on a chip.
And thats Brisbane and even though i thought they played well, were pretty much ripped off for the sin bins all i will remember is we flogged em good. Giddy up

One of the many things that annoys me about the Channel Nein is the lovefest for the Donkeys. The commentators keep sugar-coating their abysmal performances, and praising their players. They keep mouthing platitudes about their athleticism and that "So-and-so is going to be a great player".
It's total BS.
If their players are so good then why is the team so pathetic?
I'm sure I know the answer: they want to give their Queensland viewers hope, but it drives me nuts.
I can't wait for a new team in Queensland to be formed. In fact, I hope that they bring in all three new franchises. Then we can have a comp televised exclusively in Queensland between all Canetoad teams -- which includes The Storm -- and those of us in NSW will be able to watch legitimate clubs competing against decent opposition.

You know I've had opponents down, I've seen them on their haunches, but rather than kick them in the guts, I prefer to offer a hand up.
Speaking of offering a hand up, I noticed a few times during the game that our guys were showing good sportsmanship by doing the same thing for Broncos players when they were on the ground after tackles etc.

One of the many things that annoys me about the Channel Nein is the lovefest for the Donkeys. The commentators keep sugar-coating their abysmal performances, and praising their players. They keep mouthing platitudes about their athleticism and that "So-and-so is going to be a great player".
It's total BS.
I'm sure I know the answer: they want to give their Queensland viewers hope, but it drives me nuts.
I can't wait for a new team in Queensland to be formed. In fact, I hope that they bring in all three new franchises. Then we can have a comp televised exclusively in Queensland between all Canetoad teams -- which includes The Storm -- and those of us in NSW will be able to watch legitimate clubs competing against decent opposition.
Their players are pathetic, and a few have really dropped off the pace. I recall Oates being a very strong and dangerous winger a few seasons ago. Now he is merely a shadow, and a liability. Wonder if they believe their own hype and think it’ll all come easy. Probably what happens in this one team town where they are revered as gods.

It was great seeing Tapau run for so many metres at good pace. I was well and truly getting over seeing him go forward at almost a fast walk, dragging players along on his back. He was stepping players like his younger self on Friday night, and his selective passing was the best I've seen from him - well done.

It's easy to see the influence he has on a few of his fellow forwards - Paseka, Keppie and Sipley, to name a few. It's almost like they want to impress him specifically - "let's do it for Marty". Manly starting to get numerous 'leaders' across the field, not just DCE and Jurbo. Turbo, Foz, and Marty (and maybe even Croker) are keeping everyone accountable, and it shows.

With a few returning from injuries in the next few weeks, we may not be so disadvantaged going into SOO time - we're sure to lose at least 3 to the SOO squads.

Nashy is copping it for making the forum bet. Not a lot of happy campers over there.

The sin bins were over-the-top but they were getting flogged 26-6 before they happened. Besides, the refs were doing what they were instructed to do. Then again, the half head butt was moronic given the edict and the first sin bin.

Makes me want to leave it up for 2 weeks to really piss them off >:)

Was a fair bet, it just happened to fall on a very bad weekend for our game. You'll wear ours one day!

Makes me want to leave it up for 2 weeks to really piss them off >:)

Was a fair bet, it just happened to fall on a very bad weekend for our game. You'll wear ours one day!

when that happens... make sure you offer Dan an early out. It'd be hilarious if he took it!

(props to you for keeping it there. I reckon after a day no-one notices it really)

It's total BS.
I find this so interesting.

Being in the UK i can only get the Fox coverage so never hear the nein commentary.

However was over on tbe Broncos forum having a poke about yesterday and it was the very opposite of the above post. So many over there were going on about the manly and especially Turbo love fest from the Nine commentators. All subjective i guess.

Probably what happens in this one team town where they are revered as gods.
Or when a coach comes in that really ****s over the joint. They had Seibold we had Tbaz. Both werw able to dismantle and detune the majority of their players.

Watching the game (again...no embarrassment here) and after Tom's first try, the bronco forward Pangai seems to come very close to clipping Tom's head with his boot as he runs past.

As expected the slow-mo replay cut away just after Tom grounded the ball. So this is the (sorta) best I could do.

kOZicWQ.png

tSQbO3A.png

Watching the game (again...no embarrassment here) and after Tom's first try, the bronco forward Pangai seems to come very close to clipping Tom's head with his boot as he runs past.

As expected the slow-mo replay cut away just after Tom grounded the ball. So this is the (sorta) best I could do.

kOZicWQ.png

tSQbO3A.png
Noticed that as well GE, it was close enough that Tom noticed as well ;)

kOZicWQ.png

tSQbO3A.png
If that was done with force then off to the sin bin he goes

kOZicWQ.png

tSQbO3A.png
Yeah I noticed that too & Tom gave him a bit of a look too.

Was surprised the bunker never piped up about it.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6