Post-Game Discussion Sea Eagles v Broncos [Round 10, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
50 Suncorp Stadium
14 May 2021 20:05
80th minute

Match Stats

I’ve got to say I’m a little disappointed with the boys efforts last night. With a little more determination to ground the ball when the teams got the ball over the line, we could have put 60 on the donkeys; poor effort boys.@;)

Put in next week against the slime and you can beat the score against the slime in 2018; 60-0 sounds like a score to aim to achieve.:rofl::rofl:

Putting 50 on the donkeys; made my night, my day today and sets up my coming week.

Firstly good on you for making the effort to go to the game and bring joy to your boy and inspire our team for a win . Great Manly contribution @Waz13

Great to watch live Manly tries and your boy would have been thrilled !
And watching history made live against (for a long time) my most despised opponent is priceless and an experience that will be long remembered with my greatest seaeagles experiences! The boy was dancing all night! Try after try the scarf was held high. What a night!

These sin bins ... I'm glad to see the knee jerk reactions from the NRL died off with the old administration..... :rolleyes:

Look, we'll take the ones we benefitted from with both hands but at the very least I thought Gamble's hit on Reubs didn't even warrant a warning, let alone 10 in the bin (I did agree with Riki's bin though. Headbutts are not on IMO).

50-6 which realistically should have been 50-0. I mean, Parker and Schuster had Isaako all wrapped up with nowhere to go but the play the ball, and they just fell off him.

Still, any game you can put 50 on the Broncos at Suncorp, even as the rabble they are right now, is a good game.

At the start of the season, especially after Tom's race with Harry had resulted in a bathroom slip hammy injury ... who would have thought we'd be 5-5 and sitting in the top 8 after 10 rounds?

Most had us having a record of at best ... at best about 3-7 right now and that's if we were lucky.

Last edited:
Nashy is copping it for making the forum bet. Not a lot of happy campers over there.

The sin bins were over-the-top but they were getting flogged 26-6 before they happened. Besides, the refs were doing what they were instructed to do. Then again, the half head butt was moronic given the edict and the first sin bin.

Nashy is copping it for making the forum bet. Not a lot of happy campers over there.

The sin bins were over-the-top but they were getting flogged 26-6 before they happened. Besides, the refs were doing what they were instructed to do. Then again, the half head butt was moronic given the edict and the first sin bin.
Yep haha, my favourite is one that was saying silvertails should call the bet off because the bet wasn't fair and the game wasn't fair.
What the fk did they want a 40 point headstart, would that have been fair ?

:flogger:

overlord.png

Yep haha, my favourite is one that was saying silvertails should call the bet off because the bet wasn't fair and the game wasn't fair.
What the fk did they want a 40 point headstart, would that have been fair ?

:flogger:
Not fair on nashy and it shows a true gentleman to take a losing bet, I did the same against the warriors thinking we would lose.

I'll let nashy out of the bet tomorrow

Not fair on nashy and it shows a true gentleman to take a losing bet, I did the same against the warriors thinking we would lose.

Nashy has been great and has no problem with it, but wow he is copping it, talk about sour grapes.
Good for you Dan, I would say he won't back out, seems to have more fortitude than the rest of them.

What is the point in even making the bet then? Last week you wanted to let the Warriors off the hook as well. If Manly had of lost we would have been forced to look at their badges on Silvertails for a week - Manly win - you want to give them a way out.

That's a strange old bet where I'm from - unless there are some masochistic tendencies at play here?

What is the point in even making the bet then? Last week you wanted to let the Warriors off the hook as well. If Manly had of lost we would have been forced to look at their badges on Silvertails for a week - Manly win - you want to give them a way out.

That's a strange old bet where I'm from - unless there are some masochistic tendencies at play here?
maybe we're just better ;)

You know I've had opponents down, I've seen them on their haunches, but rather than kick them in the guts, I prefer to offer a hand up.

These blokes support another team, but they are still just a bunch of blokes. @Nashy and @tajhay would have offered the same outs for me.

I'd rather friendly banter and to be a mate than to be a spoilt kid trampling one everyone's sand castles

You know I've had opponents down, I've seen them on their haunches, but rather than kick them in the guts, I prefer to offer a hand up.

These blokes support another team, but they are still just a bunch of blokes. @Nashy and @tajhay would have offered the same outs for me.

I'd rather friendly banter and to be a mate than to be a spoilt kid trampling one everyone's sand castles
I really like the sentiment - reminds me of men in white wigs and make up - making Masonic wagers in centuries past. But it really means the bet is kinda pointless. Just don't bet - then you wouldn't need to offer the loser your hand or accept their's in return.

I'm not having a serious go - but why bet? Is it a gentlemanly thing you site operators enjoy or something? Or perhaps you could just make the bet for a day? If I lost the bet and you offered to pull it early - I'd actually be offended - it ain't like he owes you a finger or anything.

I really like the sentiment - reminds me of men in white wigs and make up - making Masonic wagers in centuries past. But it really makes the bet kinda pointless. Just don't bet - then you wouldn't need to offer the loser your hand or accept their's in return.

I'm not having a go - but why bet? Is it a gentlemanly thing you site operators enjoy or something. Or perhaps just make the bet for a day? If I lost the bet and you offered to pull it early - I'd actually be offended - it ain't like he owes you a finger or anything.
Dunno man whatever feels more like winning to you.

A bet is in the sport of the bet not in the floating over winning

A bet is in the sport of the bet not in the floating over winning

I'm not entirely sure what this means. A Clayton's bet kinda thing?

We've just got different styles I guess mate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8