Sea Eagles sniff around Klemmer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Must admit I was nonplussed when I heard about Klemmer seeking a release earlier in the year however...
I'm really liking his combo with Jake in origin this year thus far, IMO could be lethal if replicated at club level.
Add to that the likes of Taupau & AFB and thats some serious scary grunt up front.
He tends to do better from the bench and to be honest, there have been times where we've struggled for go forward after our starting forwards are off. I'd start Lussick with Taupau and put Klemmer on the bench with AFB and Perrett. That would be some pack with the bench matching our starting forwards.

He tends to do better from the bench and to be honest, there have been times where we've struggled for go forward after our starting forwards are off. I'd start Lussick with Taupau and put Klemmer on the bench with AFB and Perrett. That would be some pack with the bench matching our starting forwards.
You don't spend 700k+ on a bench prop...you'd also have the guy immediately looking for a way out of his contract if you benched him...he is a SOO and Australian Rep so he starts.

I agree that we lose a little go forward when our starters go off, but so does every other club in the competition...the first 20 minutes are always the most gruelling because everyone is fresh and ready to go, so the best players are generally on the field...I've also heard many players talk about how the tempo and tone of a game is established in the first 15 minutes...Klemmer starts unless it's rep football and he has other high profile starters competing with him.

You don't spend 700k+ on a bench prop...you'd also have the guy immediately looking for a way out of his contract if you benched him...he is a SOO and Australian Rep so he starts.

I agree that we lose a little go forward when our starters go off, but so does every other club in the competition...the first 20 minutes are always the most gruelling because everyone is fresh and ready to go, so the best players are generally on the field...I've also heard many players talk about how the tempo and tone of a game is established in the first 15 minutes...Klemmer starts unless it's rep football and he has other high profile starters competing with him.
Fair point with Klemmer likely wanting to start. I think he's poorly used at the dogs though. He is at his best as a prop used in stints than a 80 minute lock forward.

I used to be a huge Klemmer fan and would have agreed to throw the bank at him a year or two ago BUT in recent years I agree his form is quite up and down. very tough and robust but also a very one dimensional type too. Be happy to have him don't get me wrong BUT I reckon we are very well served for props as compared to some other positions ( Taupau, AFB, Lussick and Perrett is a pretty fair start ).

I wouldn't be breaking the bank for this bloke at this stage. Plus it's the Lurker so it's all very flimsy.

I'd prefer some more depth in the outside backs personally.

Depth in the outside backs? Matthew Wright is a blue chip depth outside back. Remember, Taufua is injured. Then we have Parker, a local junior.

I would say that if we acquired Klemmer, it might be at the expense of (maybe both) Lawrence and Brown.

08. David Klemmer
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. UTILITY (Hastings, Cullen etc)
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Lloyd Perrett

Depth in the outside backs? Matthew Wright is a blue chip depth outside back. Remember, Taufua is injured. Then we have Parker, a local junior.

I would say that if we acquired Klemmer, it might be at the expense of (maybe both) Lawrence and Brown.

08. David Klemmer
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

15. Darcy Lussick
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Lloyd Perrett
You have forgotten, or overlooked, Penny who's performance on Saturday night clearly overshadowed that of Frankenstein. So, with BJ plus the two new recruits Tent and Tango we have huge depth in the forwards.

I used to be a huge Klemmer fan and would have agreed to throw the bank at him a year or two ago BUT in recent years I agree his form is quite up and down. very tough and robust but also a very one dimensional type too. Be happy to have him don't get me wrong BUT I reckon we are very well served for props as compared to some other positions ( Taupau, AFB, Lussick and Perrett is a pretty fair start ).

I wouldn't be breaking the bank for this bloke at this stage. Plus it's the Lurker so it's all very flimsy.

I'd prefer some more depth in the outside backs personally.
His patchy form coincided with his move to 13 and increased minutes. He is a prop every day of the week and should be used in 20 minute intervals.

08. David Klemmer
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

15. Darcy Lussick
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Lloyd Perrett
Yesssssss, I'd forget about the utility as Koroisau is improving his match fitness and place Lane on that bench

A phenomenal pack, absolutely outstanding, could match it with an origin pack

Yesssssss, I'd forget about the utility as Koroisau is improving his match fitness and place Lane on that bench

A phenomenal pack, absolutely outstanding, could match it with an origin pack
Take out Taupau, Klemmer, Jake and you have a pack of rejects and lost potential. The fact that the same guys are performing so well is a testament to Baz and the club. Love what Baz and Bozo have done here.

Take out Taupau, Klemmer, Jake and you have a pack of rejects and lost potential. The fact that the same guys are performing so well is a testament to Baz and the club. Love what Baz and Bozo have done here.
They are playing out of their skin

Klemmer would be that mongrel pr*** that compliments the pack already there.
Form not great compared to his lofty standards, but the Dogs in general are a rabble - these big forwards playing laterally with short passes has gotten more than predictable....in a good enthusiastic team that play footy - would be excellent and know his role.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8