Sea Eagles ready to fly with new Centre of Excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some further good news in the upcoming state budget 'potentially'

Yeah and for some reason Kograh is the first ground mentioned, Unbelievable how a ground that is only half used is first in line. Im not surprised though.
also it has already been upgraded twice, most notably with John Howard commonwealth money.

Yeah and for some reason Kograh is the first ground mentioned, Unbelievable how a ground that is only half used is first in line. Im not surprised though.

I'd say the reason it goes first is "it's not Manly" and we can't be seen to be helping Manly.
Honestly, our ground has been neglected for decades.
Oh well, I'm just happy something will happen.

And not before time too.

I'd say the reason it goes first is "it's not Manly" and we can't be seen to be helping Manly.
Honestly, our ground has been neglected for decades.
Oh well, I'm just happy something will happen.

And not before time too.
I just hope the council gets behind it, Council and the residents have held back development as much as any lack of funding. Hopefully this will give them an incentive.

I heard the (current) treasurer on radio this morning. Not saying it won't happen, but can I just suggest not to try holding your breath ;)

This is unbelievable. Like some have already said, it has already been upgraded twice. What a bloody joke

This was covered off at last Members Council meeting. Very exciting for the club and the ground will be like a mini Bankwest.

The COE design will be expanded around the entire ground with another level on the Hill and Jane Try side of the ground. I think the capacity was going to be 19k but could be wrong.

At the time of the meeting the club didn’t know the timing of announcements or when funding would be available. Based on the news reports I say it will be as part of the State Budget.

This is unbelievable. Like some have already said, it has already been upgraded twice. What a bloody joke
This will explain why:
Kogarah is an electoral district of the Legislative Assembly in the Australian state of New South Wales in Sydney's St George district. It is represented by Chris Minns of the Labor Party.

The Libs believe it is a winnable seat. At the last election there was a swing of 5.1% to the Libs, and Labor now holds it by just 1.8%. Plus, this is one way the Libs can diffuse some criticism of the 'Sports Rorts' scandal.

Last edited:
This was covered off at last Members Council meeting. Very exciting for the club and the ground will be like a mini Bankwest.

The COE design will be expanded around the entire ground with another level on the Hill and Jane Try side of the ground. I think the capacity was going to be 19k but could be wrong.

At the time of the meeting the club didn’t know the timing of announcements or when funding would be available. Based on the news reports I say it will be as part of the State Budget.

Do you mean the bay of seats in front of the COE will go around the entire ground, then they'll build another level up and around?

I do remember seeing in the earlier plans they made provisions for staged expansions. I hope it looks decent and not like 4 different designs in one.

Do you mean the bay of seats in front of the COE will go around the entire ground, then they'll build another level up and around?

I do remember seeing in the earlier plans they made provisions for staged expansions. I hope it looks decent and not like 4 different designs in one.
Yes, the COE was part of a co-ordinated design for the whole ground.

This will explain why:
Kogarah is an electoral district of the Legislative Assembly in the Australian state of New South Wales in Sydney's St George district. It is represented by Chris Minns of the Labor Party.

The Libs believe it is a winnable seat. At the last election there was a swing of 5.1% to the Libs, and Labor now holds it by just 1.8%. Plus, this is one way the Libs can diffuse some criticism of the 'Sports Rorts' scandal.
yes, this seems likely - lead off with the one in a labor seat as a deflection of the previous rort funding.

yes, this seems likely - lead off with the one in a labor seat as a deflection of the previous rort funding.
Politics is the world's second oldest profession, but the older and wiser we become the more we realise how closely is resembles the first profession.

Politics is the world's second oldest profession, but the older and wiser we become the more we realise how closely is resembles the first profession.
I suppose with the oldest you know right up front what's expected, with the second oldest you basically get the same thing, but everything is in riddles.

It’s not uncommon for developers to set up a webcam (e.g. Barangaroo) so you can view progress.

It would be a good initiative between the club, Council and even the builder, if the same happened with the CoE and the work Council is undertaking.

Reading the reported responses of the relevant NRL clubs.

The Panthers were talking about benefits 20 years away, Dragons, Dogs and Wests admit they won't be playing out of these stadiums fulltime, plus the Sharks say they have no reason to move from Sutherland.

The only ground that warrants this govt initiative at all is Brookvale as it is an immediate need and will be used as a fulltime home ground. But even this isn't enough, as it seems the Brookvale build is just a piecemeal thing that will not be a new stadium at all and probably never get fully done anyway.

Transport Infrastructure Industry Portal - interactive portal | Transport for NSW | Community Analytics

Before people work themselves into a lather, consider that Brookvale is the only one of the subject grounds getting a significant upgrade, right now.

Even if the Kogarah proposal gets up, it will have to wend it’s way through the approvals process. If the Brookvale CoE is any guide, that could take a couple of years. By then Brookvale will have a CoE, a new stand and upgraded playing surface, etc.

Check out the link above for a prioritised list of state govt infrastructure projects. The way some previously announced (and re-announced) projects are being pushed off into the never-never feeds into the narrative that they’re running out of money, with the COVID-19 crisis not helping with state revenues.

Plus the whole thing could be a smoke and mirrors process to deflect from Berys Gladijiklian’s self-inflicted wounds. I would be surprised if she survives as premier until the next election.

And the likes of our old mate Fitzsimons will have another field day with any hint of state monies being fed into a series of mini-Parramatta stadiums dotting suburbia. He has already attacked the proposal in the recent past.

I think the difference here Terry is that the Gov and NRL had a 30 year binding contract to play the NRL Grand Final at a rebuilt Sydney Olympic Park.

With a Gladys backflip On the Reno and in order to ensure the NRL 30 year GF in Sydney was maintain a compromise was reached that the Gov would rebuild 4 suburban stadiums.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4