Sea Eagles put the positions vacant sign out for a new prop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
WANTED: An experienced and proven NRL front-rower to join one of the most successful rugby league clubs in Australia.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work alongside some of t
241305-brenton-lawrence.jpg
he code's best players and coaches in a fantastic working environment with a great culture on Sydney's northern beaches.

Prospective candidates should contact Manly Sea Eagles head coach Geoff Toovey ASAP.

That was the "positions vacant" sign hung out the front of the Sea Eagles' Narrabeen headquarters today with confirmation of the forced retirement of front-rower Richie Fa'aoso and following the departures of long-term campaigners Brent Kite, Joe Galuvao and George Rose.

The club has been left with two seasoned frontowers in Brenton Lawrence and Jason King, who is one the comeback trail after missing most of last season with a shoulder injury.

Toovey admits the timing of the search is far from ideal being so close to the start of the season.

"It is late, so it t is a bit taxing," Toovey said.

"We've got a lot of young players coming through and we have bought well in that are.

"But to lose someone of Richie's calibre this late, it is something we think we need to look at and we will be doing that."

At the same time Toovey said obviously the club's options are limited and virtually ruled out splashing out big money on a high profile overseas import.

"I don't think the salary cap will allow us to do that and that is why it is so hard at this stage before a season kicks off to find a replacement for a player such as Richie."

The news came as the Sea Eagles announced a new partnership with Japanese air conditioning company Daikin worth over $1 million over three years.

They will have their name on the back of the Sea Eagles jumper.

"Finding those quality partners in the environment we are in now is becoming more challenging so for us it is a really great result," said club general manager David Perry.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-put-the-positions-vacant-sign-out-for-a-new-prop/story-fngr8iii-1226818766140

WANTED: An experienced and proven NRL front-rower to join one of the most successful rugby league clubs in Australia.

Read More

Really don see how we need one.
King,Brenton, starling, hasson, turbo, Sao, Andrews. It's true the last five are young and inexperienced, but I sense they are all ready and raring to go, why block their path and opportunity to be fantastic first graders with another old head prop that we'll only need for a year.

We have a very experienced pack All round, best time to blood youth is hn all that experience is around.

save the money for upgrades for DCE.

BJ is on light duties as far as training goes because of his lower back pain. He has been doing palates and physio . Tooves had him do the beep test last week with the rest of the team just to see he wasn't losing fitness. He smashed everyone by eight levels on the beep test (13.8) I don't know what that means, but what I was told was BJ is in tip top condition....and he let his team mates know apparently.:p

Wow that's impressive!

Who else is looking good out of. The new guys/rookies? I'm hoping to. See chee kam this year!

Yeah we have lots of young bloog who would relsih the opportunites that this presents. Im sure these young guys will do us proud.

It is disappointing to loose Richie and even worse was mabye we could have kept kitey for another year.

wombatgc said:
BJ is on light duties as far as training goes because of his lower back pain. He has been doing palates and physio . Tooves had him do the beep test last week with the rest of the team just to see he wasn't losing fitness. He smashed everyone by eight levels on the beep test (13.8) I don't know what that means, but what I was told was BJ is in tip top condition....and he let his team mates know apparently.:p

Palates can be heavy

Shoe1 said:
wombatgc said:

Palates can be heavy

My wife suggested I try Pilates, but I don't have a Palate for it. :p

I wouldn't argue against a replacement, but I'm happy with what we've got. At least the fact that there are 3 spots for 5 props up for grabs should motivate them all to play their best each week.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2