Sea Eagles Member and Fan Forum #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
PR101..................let's start with a big s**k up to the fans.................not that Penn gives a sh*t!

Anyone who is going .............ask Baz & Gorman how much selling two competition points is worth?

Basically that's what we do every season with the "home" game at Suncorp...........I'm interested to know how many $$$$ they think is enough to basically give away two points?

On the same note, how many more home games is Penn planning on selling off?
So in the 4 times we have done this

2011, 2012, 2016, 2017 the results are

Manly 2 wins
Brisbane 2 wins

Not sure its giving away points, its a game like any other and the money is pretty well justified in my opinion.

https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/kids/lunchbox/sausage-rolls

For those of you that will be attending I have attached the following recipe.

I for one have always been a fan of the humble food, but Donna Hay takes my northern beaches lifestyle and expresses it in a way which only the great ZTH would appreciate.

I believe that Scott Fulton has a lovely recipe for a accompanying tomato sauce made from tomatoes at the Friday Warriewood Food markets.

Enjoy my Feathered Friends.

Disclaimer: I’ve had too much to drink.

Last edited:
So in the 4 times we have done this

2011, 2012, 2016, 2017 the results are

Manly 2 wins
Brisbane 2 wins

Not sure its giving away points, its a game like any other and the money is pretty well justified in my opinion.

I guess I shouldn't be telling Dan "Greenturd" he is wrong..........oh how those megalomaniac dictator types hate that...........but you're wrong.

2012, we played them at Brookie, round 25

So that makes it 3.
1 win and 2 losses.

So in 2011, the only win, we finished 2nd and were premiers that year..........and we played them during SoO........so mitigating circumstances for sure.

Sure it's still a "competitive" game and we are not "giving away the points" (this was obviously rhetoric), but only a fool would suggest that playing the Broncos at Suncorp isn't increasing the probability of a loss.

So the point I was trying to make was that we are sacrificing on field success for financial gain.

Let's not even mention ripping off the home fans who want to see their team play!

You can rephrase the question for Gormie if you like.............what's the number which sees Manly willing to go trading on field success for financial gain?

And just to add that this is the way it starts...............when Penn and co. decide moving away from Brookie and playing all our games somewhere else is more financially beneficial, the same justification for the Suncorp game can be used!!

Is there any club apart from the Broncos who don't take games away from their homes because it is financially beneficial?

They do the Suncorp thing as well, don't they? Took one to NZ as well I think. No matter any perceived faults he can't be blamed for doing what all the others are..

I guess I shouldn't be telling Dan "Greenturd" he is wrong..........oh how those megalomaniac dictator types hate that...........but you're wrong.

So that makes it 3.
1 win and 2 losses.

So in 2011, the only win, we finished 2nd and were premiers that year..........and we played them during SoO........so mitigating circumstances for sure.

Sure it's still a "competitive" game and we are not "giving away the points" (this was obviously rhetoric), but only a fool would suggest that playing the Broncos at Suncorp isn't increasing the probability of a loss.

So the point I was trying to make was that we are sacrificing on field success for financial gain.

Let's not even mention ripping off the home fans who want to see their team play!

You can rephrase the question for Gormie if you like.............what's the number which sees Manly willing to go trading on field success for financial gain?

And just to add that this is the way it starts...............when Penn and co. decide moving away from Brookie and playing all our games somewhere else is more financially beneficial, the same justification for the Suncorp game can be used!!
You can not criticise the recruitment of the club at the same time as having a go at the club for taking steps to make the whole operation financially viable.

We all agree it is far from ideal however the current Brookie set up does not give a heap of options

So that makes it 3.
1 win and 2 losses.

I prefer the term demigod over megalomaniac but I’m easy either way I’ll just build myself a wall and launch some nuke tests there puny human

giphy.gif

NL makes a good point, which he has made many times already in his short (?) Silvertails career.
Namely, Penn is not rich enough to run the club the way it should be run. He has to keep looking at the bottom line.
So shame on you, Penn.
And as for all the billionaires who haven't yet taken over the club - what's wrong with you? Get a move on, NL wants to go to Brookvale 12 times a year.

NL makes a good point, which he has made many times already in his short (?) Silvertails career.
Namely, Penn is not rich enough to run the club the way it should be run. He has to keep looking at the bottom line.
So shame on you, Penn.
And as for all the billionaires who haven't yet taken over the club - what's wrong with you? Get a move on, NL wants to go to Brookvale 12 times a year.
Financially the NRL give more than ever before so we are in the best position probably ever this coming season.
The objection stands.

So that makes it 3.
1 win and 2 losses.

Good Lord that is a miserable world in which you in live.

I prefer the term demigod over megalomaniac but I’m easy either way I’ll just build myself a wall and launch some nuke tests there puny human

giphy.gif

I do admire how Tweedle Dee and Tweede Dum are never far behind in support of you!
Is that why you gave them the Blue banners?

I would propose another vote which you could ignore but let's not waste time and just agree on Demigod.

Surely the club are flying a few fans in for this

To be taken seriously, the fan forum definitely requires a martyr there sticking up for the poor downtrodden people otherwise they are wasting their time

Surely the club are flying a few fans in for this

To be taken seriously, the fan forum definitely requires a martyr there sticking up for the poor downtrodden people otherwise they are wasting their time

I did email them yesterday to ask them to push this back a week (6/12) so I can attend.
I expect they will be accommodating.

I know that they'd never answer it but I'd love to know what the terms of the Coco Joy settlement were ? whether we ended up in the black or red on that episode.

Great initiative by the club, and something fans have been wanting for an eon. Well played Manly Sea Eagles.

Absolutely mate. It’s straight from Gorman, he’s done this at the Sharks and often during his stay in the A-League.

He has genuine respect for the member and fan base which is why I am hopeful his tenure is going to be a really positive one.

Can't attend......hoping someone can ask about the life membership situation....MWDRLFC and the seperate " SEAEAGLES " Penn awarded ones ???
Also....does the MWDRLFC still buy shares of the Sea Eagles entity back....or is it a case of them not being able to pay their way , in that they are not able to cover their share, as a percentage owner, of the loss that is generated by the " sea eagles / penn entity " ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8