Sea Eagles Member and Fan Forum #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I was also at the Forum and like most who where there I was very impressed with Gorman. Finally we have a CEO who knows his stuff and in particular the importance of the Fans and members to the Club.

There is no doubt that his main objective is to re-engage the Fans like never before and make the Club great again. He understands that without the Fans we don't have a Club and you can expect a huge improvement on communication straight away.

Other highlights were :

Brookie upgrade - The feeling was that they will be doing everything possible to ensure we remain at Brookie and from what I heard last night we have a very pro-active Plan and strategy to help that happen. It was interesting to note that the NRL have not provided any support whatsoever to the Club in this regard and are very much pro the one stadium strategy (no surprise there) ! Nevertheless we are determined to make Brookie a boutique Stadium of around 20,000 capacity and an important community asset.

Blake Green & Mitchell Pearce - Still very much in the mix for Pearce but Barrett admitted will not be able to match the money Newcastle are throwing at him. However mentioned that he feels Pearce wants to be there and he wants him there. In relation to Green the situation became untenable and even though he made it clear he wanted a replacement before he was granted a release in the end he was left with little choice as the situation was becoming toxic. He openly admitted that the current crop of 5/8's at the Club all great young players but probably 1 -2 years away from where they need to be. Hopefully we will know more in 48 hrs.

2018 Squad. - Very happy with the Team and believes we are looking good for now and the future with all key positions locked in for at least 3-4 years. Mentioned was currently looking at extending API's contract. Training wise everyone was ripping in with of all players Shaun Lane the most impressive ! Also made it quite clear that his priority is to look after the youth of the Club and the great crop of young players coming through and that's why he didn't want to get into a cash war with Pearce.

Salary Cap- Same reply as what has been said previously but Penn very confident that we have done nothing seriously wrong and that it seems the NRL are taking this long to basically try and justify the investigation and try & find something. He also mentioned that the Salary investigation had no impact whatsoever on our recruitment strategy.

As mentioned overall a great night and initiative by the Club and a great start to the Gorman era. There will be many more of these to come and I encourage more people to get along and make their views known as I am sure that finally we have a regime that will listen.

Last edited:
One thing that Trent said is that with his retention of young guys is he wants 10 year players not 2 year players.
Really great work PT. thanks again.
One question I suspect wasn't raised or you would have mentioned it, any talk of repairing the rift with the footy club?

I'm heartened by your posts, particularly the fact that the club is prepared to invest in the juniors and last year's Under 20s stars. As well, a commitment not to pay overs for Pearce.
Newcastle has the wrong approach, imo. They have good juniors and have already recruited well. Their future is looking up, but throwing such crazy money at Pearce, meaning some of their local juniors will be squeezed out, will damage morale.

Really great work PT. thanks again.
One question I suspect wasn't raised or you would have mentioned it, any talk of repairing the rift with the footy club?
No it wasn't mentioned but I must say Scott Penn impressed me and talked about some other things he's been doing and has done.

A few years ago he was working with Melbourne to have a game played in Shanghai to expand the game internationally. They were a long way down the track so went to the NRL who said no. Go figure.

He's also been talking to the New York team who want to join the Super League as the RLWC is going to the USA and Canada in 2025.

He was very happy that Gorman is the CEO as he has a track record of success everywhere he's been.

No it wasn't mentioned but I must say Scott Penn impressed me and talked about some other things he's been doing and has done.

A few years ago he was working with Melbourne to have a game played in Shanghai to expand the game internationally. They were a long way down the track so went to the NRL who said no. Go figure.

He's also been talking to the New York team who want to join the Super League as the RLWC is going to the USA and Canada in 2025.

He was very happy that Gorman is the CEO as he has a track record of success everywhere he's been.

Agree he was excellent as well. Seemed very comfortable with everything especially with the appointment of Gorman.

Last edited by a moderator:

It doesnt surprise me that the NRL said no. The organisation is a stupid boys club stuck in the dark ages of an australian lawn mowing business model where you get around a pint on a weekend and ear bash each other with "Ya know what'd be a good idea".

Christ the man in charge of making the money and spreading the game gets skewered when he doesnt know a players name for god sake. Like the most important thing a national sporting body's CEO should know is Camron Smith.

What a great thing they did to talk candidly and engage directly and positively with the fans. It makes us feel validated. Next time one of these events are on I will definitely make an effort to attend. Well done to all those who were in fact there.

Remember words are just words, actions speak much louder.

BUT, good to see the club engaging the fans which is a first for some years.

Thank you to @Mitch and @The Wheel for putting the effort in and believing the council was worthwhile, looks like you have been proved correct today.
Gorman's influence maybe?
I will also take a tiny bit of credit ...;) although I didn't attend the recent forum I emailed the club about the importance of involving past Manly people in the club's present and future.
Suddenly the club has a positive vibe, it's been a while!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10