Sea Eagles legend Terry Randall’s brush with death

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BD: Fair cop. Igor did lose control at times. In interview he says as much about that Newtown brawl that it was too far, and the cost was too great (he spent about half the next season on the sidelines). Still he didn't start it...

One of the greatest players of all time? Better than Beetson, Bozo? Not for mine if greatest means overall talent, match-winning contributions, big match influence in attack and defence. Igor could do alot more than just run hard and tackle everything that moved until it decided moving was not such a good idea. He did come from the backs, and could draw and pass and back up etc. But his attacking skill set was not enough to put him in the 'greatest players' group.

But who am I picking first in my team for any given game? Bozo, Wombat, Igor, then the rest.... (yes, even Ian Martin comes after)

Ian Martin is not far behind them in my book.

What a fantastic player he way.

"You hear about how these things nearly kill people and when you go through it you realise what they are talking about.

“It was like a poison all through your stomach.”
That's exactly what it is. It happened to me a few years ago but they missed a bit and had to get it out by re-opening the wound and sticking a tube in there to suck it out.
Not the best feeling I've ever had....

The '78 finals series: I am searching for the footage I know I have here somewhere of the Final MWSE V Wests Magpies . . .. will post if I find it
The SCG is a pretty big ground. But I have this ingrained memory OF THE SOUND that was made across the ground when Igor - walking wounded - hit John Donnelly I think it was around the 35 th minute.

It was the 'hit of all hits'. Up to that time, and a decisive moment in the game. Both teams wee playing a close hard match seeking the ascendancy. John Donnelly's legs went up in the air as the bigger man was slammed backwards on to the cricket pitch area . . . OUCH !! Ofcourse we went on to win and play Sharks twice to take the title.

I dare say I will never forget it though many other details of the match are gone. Igor forever.

Yeah I remember that '78 series so well! I fell in love with Manly as a kid in the '70's but that year was something else! I remember listening to games on a beat up old radio, watching the streak unfold as the legend grew...hurrying home from school to listen to the grand final replay against the Sharks mid-week. It was epic for an 11 yr old boy like me...solidified my love for this club FOREVER and Igor was right at the top of AWE!

Live long and prosper old Igor...LEGEND.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4