Sea Eagles - Jersey History

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
l_1992%20rugby%20league%20sticker0149.jpeg
Explosive runner , big strong thighs and powerful strides . Could do his thing at fullback and on the wing

No one that wore them liked them ... they looked good .... but the big bird was made of plastic .... it got very slippery and the leather ball bounced off .... or skidded off it ....
I can imagine how slippery the plastic would have been especially in the wet . What a shame as the jumpers looked intimidating with the giant eagle on the front

The jersey with the big eagle is an early sign of the professionalism of Manly. That jersey would have been very cutting edge against the dreary big Vs and stripe of other teams. It almost looks very gridiron in its appearance. Very slick for the time and tough. BTW how tough does Rex look? I would not have like to see him steaming toward me at full speed. Tough as nails old Rex.

One of the worst days ever as Manly fan was that 32-8 loss to Penrith at Brookie in 1991. The P&O jersey days. It was Sundary arvo game too. Panfas won the grand final that year. There was one try near fulltime when Geyer just threw ball backwards over his head without looking, but there was Panther there to take it & score. All i can remember is the carve up really began as Manly had a threequarter line & fullback entirely made up of wingers after Ridge, Snoz & I think Stokes had all gone injured. The back 5 trying to stop Geyer & co were Ronson, Iro, Liddiard, Hancock & Ticehurst. Why Lowe had 3 skinny wingers on bench who knows.

Fullback 1. Matthew Ridge
Wing 2. Frank Stokes
Centre 3. Michael O'Connor (c)
Centre 4. David Ronson
Wing 5. Tony Iro

Five-Eighth 6. Geoff Toovey
Halfback 7. Des Hasler

Front Row 8. Martin Bella
Hooker 9. David O'Donnell
Front Row 10. David Hosking
Second Row 11. Ian Roberts
Second Row 12. Chris White
Lock 13. Owen Cunningham

Bench 14. David Liddiard
Bench 15. Craig Hancock
Bench 16. Jeremy Ticehurst
Bench 17. Matt Dunford
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/...und-9/manly-warringah-vs-penrith/summary.html

Still, the 1991 Sea Eagles were a good team & they arguably got dudded by some of Billy's calls in the semi final vs Raiders.

img_9579.jpg

Unfortunately it got worse for me. At the time I was working at Panthers downstairs in the main kitchen. Had the radio going. Then a cpl hours later in strolls MG and Graham Mackay just to make sure I’d heard the result. Bastards. Big bloody bastards too. Couldn’t say shiit

Stumbled on this on twitter. A UK maker has a throwback Manly jersey 72/73.
https://ellisrugby.com/product/malcolm-reilly-hall-fame-manly-1972-73-rugby-league-polo/

HOFReillyManlyPoloFront-455x475.jpg

Sort of close??? not...

l_1975%20scanlens%20card%2020160525%20(106).jpg

Thanks @BrissieKid
I got the sea eagles ice hockey jersey for Christmas but I want one of these. I think that at $104 with shipping this is well worth it. Looks great and is also 100% cotton. I am not such a big fan of the polyester as it does not breathe. It does not make sense but I also seem to 'catch' the polyester jerseys on things such as branches, bench corners etc. I could probably get the other 6 years we won the premiership embroidered on to make it even better.

Anyone seen this jersey Spud is wearing? When did Manly in the 1990s play in this one?

DBspdgYXoAA5hsW.jpg

I finally found this Manly retro jersey was from a 1994 game vs Bears at North Sydney Oval. It looks like it even has the lace-up collar. Nice big sea eagle badge too just like Spud is wearing. That Spud photo must have been a daylight promo shot because this game was played under lights.

Short highlights at 2 mins 45 secs in this video.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4