Sea Eagles - Jersey History

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i didn't mind the jersey snake & wolf designed for diabetes awareness but my favourites are the pepsi one & 2008 gf model(wouldn't matter what it looked like - the result ensured my love for it!)

I was there as well - I remember how full it was (there was another game there where I remember sitting on the field near the sideline it was so full)

I went to that game as well. Drove up from Wollongong, had to park Car miles away & walk , got there 5 mins before kickoff!! But worth it, very memorable match.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Friday night game May 13 1994 vs North Sydney at NSO. The Bears also wore a retro design on the night.

The ground was pretty much over capacity. I watched standing on the fence at the back of the hill.

Manly won 11-8. Have been trying to locate a copy of this game ever since. A great game.
I have the game.......on VHS!

The '11 Kaspersky home jersey was one of the best.

The close the gap jersey last year was pretty good too.

NRL+Rd+22+Sea+Eagles+v+Warriors+bsvWmWsrmSol.jpg
A group of great players , the other is james hasson.

One you don't see often. Phil Blake in the maroon jersey. 1986. That season's team was odd for having so many halves in the team spread out into being locks, centres & wingers: Phil Blake (25 games), Mitchel Cox (19), Hasler (23), Lyons (19), Martin Meredith (2), Paul Shaw (3). https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nswrl-1986/manly-warringah-sea-eagles/summary.html

No wonder Blake left. The stats show he scored a try in the 6 of the 7 games he was in the halves, but the rest of time Bozo had him on the wing & centres. https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/...xLDYxOSw2ODctLS0tLS0tMzQxLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLQ==

The Hasler-Lyons combo had one outing in Rd 11 in 1986, but wasn't re-born until Rd 7 of 1987 vs Cronulla. The day Bozo called for the cement truck.

131b522ff534671c2b9c344ab59475fe

Last edited:
With the maroon shorts, the current jersey is just slick. Honestly, I think we have the best get up in the league atm.

It's good that we did something good last year. We looked good! Agree the current strip is a corker.

One of the worst days ever as Manly fan was that 32-8 loss to Penrith at Brookie in 1991. The P&O jersey days. It was Sundary arvo game too. Panfas won the grand final that year. There was one try near fulltime when Geyer just threw ball backwards over his head without looking, but there was Panther there to take it & score. All i can remember is the carve up really began as Manly had a threequarter line & fullback entirely made up of wingers after Ridge, Snoz & I think Stokes had all gone injured. The back 5 trying to stop Geyer & co were Ronson, Iro, Liddiard, Hancock & Ticehurst. Why Lowe had 3 skinny wingers on bench who knows.

Fullback 1. Matthew Ridge
Wing 2. Frank Stokes
Centre 3. Michael O'Connor (c)
Centre 4. David Ronson
Wing 5. Tony Iro

Five-Eighth 6. Geoff Toovey
Halfback 7. Des Hasler

Front Row 8. Martin Bella
Hooker 9. David O'Donnell
Front Row 10. David Hosking
Second Row 11. Ian Roberts
Second Row 12. Chris White
Lock 13. Owen Cunningham

Bench 14. David Liddiard
Bench 15. Craig Hancock
Bench 16. Jeremy Ticehurst
Bench 17. Matt Dunford
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/...und-9/manly-warringah-vs-penrith/summary.html

Still, the 1991 Sea Eagles were a good team & they arguably got dudded by some of Billy's calls in the semi final vs Raiders.

img_9579.jpg

Last edited:
One of the worst days ever as Manly fan was that 32-8 loss to Penrith at Brookie in 1991. The P&O jersey days. It was Sundary arvo game too. Panfas won the grand final that year. There was one try near fulltime when Geyer just threw ball backwards over his head without looking, but there was Panther there to take it & score. All i can remember is the carve up really began as Manly had a threequarter line & fullback entirely made up of wingers after Ridge, Snoz & I think Stokes had all gone injured. The back 5 trying to stop Geyer & co were Ronson, Iro, Liddiard, Hancock & Ticehurst. Why Lowe had 3 skinny wingers on bench who knows.

Wing 2. Frank Stokes
Centre 4. David Ronson
Wing 5. Tony Iro

Halfback 7. Des Hasler

Lock 13. Owen Cunningham

Bench 14. David Liddiard
Bench 15. Craig Hancock
Bench 17. Matt Dunford
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/...und-9/manly-warringah-vs-penrith/summary.html

Still, the 1991 Sea Eagles were a good team & they arguably got dudded by some of Billy's calls in the semi final vs Raiders.

img_9579.jpg
I think I remember it, was it a night game? If so I remember a terrible attempt at a front on chest tackle by Dessie on a panthers forward who strolled over in front of the southern stand.

I think I remember it, was it a night game? If so I remember a terrible attempt at a front on chest tackle by Dessie on a panthers forward who strolled over in front of the southern stand.

Might be another game. The 1991 one was a Sunday afternoon but i think it was very cloudy. Or was that my mood at fulltime..

1986 Manly v Penrith. P Blake gets a solo try. Not one of his most stellar though. Unusual seeing him in a maroon #6 Manly jersey though. Cliffy in #8 takes a dive i think.

1. Marty Gurr
2. David Ronson
3. Chris Close
4. Dale Shearer
5. Stuart Davis
6. Phil Blake
7. Des Hasler
8. Cliff Lyons
9. Ron Gibbs
10. Peter Cullum
11. Larry McMillan
12. Mal Cochrane
13. Phil Daley
14. Glen Quetcher
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/s...nd-21/penrith-vs-manly-warringah/summary.html

Last edited:

Wing 2. Frank Stokes
Centre 4. David Ronson
Wing 5. Tony Iro

Halfback 7. Des Hasler

Lock 13. Owen Cunningham

Bench 14. David Liddiard
Bench 15. Craig Hancock
Bench 17. Matt Dunford

img_9579.jpg

Frank Stokes, damn, how good were those thighs!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4