Sea Eagles Home Loans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Menzies starts loan business

By Rhys Haynes
August 17, 2007 12:00am

MANLY Sea Eagles rugby league veteran Steve Menzies is about to secure a post-football career by setting up a new home loan business.

Sea Eagles Home Loans is to be launched in coming weeks by the club and Mr Menzies, 33, who has played 318 first grade games for the Northern Beaches club.

The move comes after Manly backer Max Delmege teamed up with Balmain Tigers legend Benny Elias to create a property investment company called BMax Property Trust. Little is known of the latest venture for Mr Menzies, who is expected to retire after next season.

Manly chief Grant Mayer failed to return calls yesterday but the club said the launch of Sea Eagles Home Loans was imminent.

"We have welcomed them on board ... Beaver Menzies is involved and it has been a long process they have been going through," Manly spokesman Peter Peters said.

"That (venture) is going to be his future, and it has been set up with a couple of mates of his who have great business background and are in finance.

"They are ready to open very shortly."

Manly's website says Mr Menzies' partner Suyin will work for the new company.

"Suyin, by the way, is most excited as Steve 'Beaver' Menzies has ventured into a new business that is tied in with the club - Sea Eagles Home Loans," Manly supporters group Eagles Angels manager Mary Finkelsen wrote in a blog dated July 9.

"Suyin has left her job to assist with all the PR and marketing. (It's all very exciting - I'm sure you'll hear more soon)."

Last month, Mr Elias and Manly Sea Eagles co-owner Max Delmege put shelved team differences to launch their company.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6