Sea Eagles 2019 Roster: What you need to know!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kelly "s contract value was again apparently in the 160 k range so doubtful if a high profile back line replacement will be sought at this stage as things now are . As centre aspirants now , a fitter Suli and providing he can read his defensive role at times a bit better , Garrick can find the try line and seems a quite complete footballer , Funa runs a good line , Elliot has shown that he cab be competitive , Kioa is a solid player and ball runner but may be even considered as a future back rower as he seems to have bulked up a bit . Just have to see how things pan out for a Kelly replacement. but there is existing talent to get the job done there with the current contenders that will be having a crack

No, your post was spot on. This squad is average right now, but with some tweaks and attitude adjustment, they can play
Teams win games, and that is the goal of the new coaching regime
I would not say we have an average squad . My view is we have a competitive squad and its up to the coach to get them up to it .
Des is up to it

Hope so, because on paper the backs you mentioned as having potential look bog everage right now from an NRL level point of view.
Believe it when I see it, but yeah, I buy in to anybody that wears the jersey.
Think that you did sum things up well additionally with that assessment but at least again there is some genuine ability and raw skill to work off . No doubt at the present time , it is what it is in terms of finding the best centre combo to get the team to a better level but again at least there is some decent material for Des to nature and develop .

Yep, potential for sure. But Des May operate differently than last time. He had a lot of patience and was given latitude for the team to develop.
Not sure he will waste too much time on underperforming players with talent.
Watch for the imminent horse trading soon. Des will want pretty quick results. That is the plight of the coaches these days.
Results or gone
Results or gone. That's the moto mate .No sentiment for losers or good guys . This is not a sacred hearts community club . This is the Mighty Manly club .
We love to be envied and hated . Keep it that way

I would not say we have an average squad . My view is we have a competitive squad and its up to the coach to get them up to it .
Des is up to it
I dunno, apart from turbos,tapau and dce the team is injury prone or just plain average.. I like sirro and Walker but they spend more time hurt or suspended than playing.. I don't think Api is the style hooker we need, I prefer the solid workhorse who would rather get his forwards rolling than to dart out and play solo all the time..
On my opinion we are average almost across the whole park

I dunno, apart from turbos,tapau and dce the team is injury prone or just plain average.. I like sirro and Walker but they spend more time hurt or suspended than playing.. I don't think Api is the style hooker we need, I prefer the solid workhorse who would rather get his forwards rolling than to dart out and play solo all the time..
On my opinion we are average almost across the whole park
We all have our pre season opinions on this site mate and Des and the players will have the final say .

I am no Kelly fan but to say that Manly's failure to make the finals in 2018 was all Kellys fault is a bit over the top mate .

I was joking B. A bit of tongue in cheek humour about a guy who left, leaving the players who remain burdenless about '18 and free to assault '19 with confidence, verve and super energy !!!

I rated Kelly as a good potential outside back. He was not outstanding for us in his time here but I'm pleased we gave him a crack and stuck with him. Now that opportunity batten is passed on !!! Go that guy !!

If Hasler can turn this sinking ship around and manly make the top 8 next season then Hasler is one hell of a coach.
Adversity is the measure of men . Some fly under the radar and get on with the job and others cant handle the heat and fck off and quit .

We all have our pre season opinions on this site mate and Des and the players will have the final say .
I agree mate. And des is a top coach in my opinion... But the best horse trainer in the world couldnt win the Melbourne cup with a donkey... Hoping we arnt as embarrassing as this year, that's as High as my hopes will get..

I agree mate. And des is a top coach in my opinion... But the best horse trainer in the world couldnt win the Melbourne cup with a donkey... Hoping we arnt as embarrassing as this year, that's as High as my hopes will get..
I am with you on the thrills of Speed and we do have known speedsters in Tom and Dylan and some unknown young and horny stallions that are far from donkeys as far as speed is concerned . DCE and Elgey in the halves are very quick as well . Our forwards have shown they are capable of mixing it with the best .
I believe our team grossly under achieved last season and the only way is up for me .

I went from being humiliated and embarrassed last year to feeling relatively confident for next.

There were a lot of games I just had to turn over in 2018 as it was too painful to see a team who couldn’t tackle and didn’t seem to have a set game plan except give it to turbo.

Now with Hasler back, I know our defence will be a lot better and we’ll compete as a result of that.

I would give us a good chance of making the top 8 in 2019.

Throw in some teams that will probably slide and it leaves a couple of spots open.

I think Cronulla will feel the loss of not only Holmes but Luke Lewis, Souths players may not respond to Seibold knowing he wanted to leave them after only one year and now he HAS to stay for 2019, Brisbane and Bennett situation will be interesting. It might upset their apple cart too.

Will the Warriors be consistent again and will cowboys go back up the ladder after the Thurston era?

Roosters, Melbourne and Saints are the only 3 I’d lock in for the eight at the moment.

I’d say Brisbane and Souths probably would make it but the coaching situation has to be a disruption. And I’m not convinced on Penrith. While Cleary is a good coach, I don’t think he’s as great as people hope he’ll be.

There’s usually a couple of new teams in the eight each year and I think with a bit of luck with injuries next year, we could be one of them.

Seems like every team are expected to make the 8 next year. Dogs probably long shots. Pay most likely to be the first coach sacked though.

We are certainties to at least improve a little bit.

Seems like every team are expected to make the 8 next year. Dogs probably long shots. Pay most likely to be the first coach sacked though.

We are certainties to at least improve a little bit.
Seems like every coach is under the pump . Toughest job in the country ;)

I went from being humiliated and embarrassed last year to feeling relatively confident for next.

There were a lot of games I just had to turn over in 2018 as it was too painful to see a team who couldn’t tackle and didn’t seem to have a set game plan except give it to turbo.

Now with Hasler back, I know our defence will be a lot better and we’ll compete as a result of that.

I would give us a good chance of making the top 8 in 2019.

Throw in some teams that will probably slide and it leaves a couple of spots open.

I think Cronulla will feel the loss of not only Holmes but Luke Lewis, Souths players may not respond to Seibold knowing he wanted to leave them after only one year and now he HAS to stay for 2019, Brisbane and Bennett situation will be interesting. It might upset their apple cart too.

Will the Warriors be consistent again and will cowboys go back up the ladder after the Thurston era?

Roosters, Melbourne and Saints are the only 3 I’d lock in for the eight at the moment.

I’d say Brisbane and Souths probably would make it but the coaching situation has to be a disruption. And I’m not convinced on Penrith. While Cleary is a good coach, I don’t think he’s as great as people hope he’ll be.

There’s usually a couple of new teams in the eight each year and I think with a bit of luck with injuries next year, we could be one of them.
Great post mate.

Lol far from it.. I said I believe they over achieved all season and we're nothing but fodder in finals. Seeing a ****e team make finals once in 4 years only to make up the numbers is hardly a thing to gloat about..

It's just my opinion, and I'm more than happy to be disagreed with, but if we took the manly badge off this squad and slapped say, a tigers or penrith one on, not a single poster here would rate the team above 14th-13th spot.. There's a few top players surrounded by rubbish,rejects and unproven kids.. I see this season being more of the same as the last few, real change won't happen til atleast 2020

You could be right Court83. Certainly when Hasler took over Manly the last time he had 'a few top players surrounded by rubbish and unproven kids'. Fortunately the kids proved to be champions in the making and some of the rubbish under Hasler's guidance turned into quality footballers. With only a few quality supplements, two years later they made the grand final. Just hope the 'kids' this time prove to be champions in the making like last time, and the rubbish suddenly reveal qualities in them that we haven't yet seen..

You could be right Court83. Certainly when Hasler took over Manly the last time he had 'a few top players surrounded by rubbish and unproven kids'. Fortunately the kids proved to be champions in the making and some of the rubbish under Hasler's guidance turned into quality footballers. With only a few quality supplements, two years later they made the grand final. Just hope the 'kids' this time prove to be champions in the making like last time, and the rubbish suddenly reveal qualities in them that we haven't yet seen..
Would be nice mate... I would absolutely love to be proved wrong.. Will have to wait n see.. I'm expecting a few great wins, a few shocking losses and a finish somewhere from 13-10th if I'm being honest with myself.. Des and co are great, but I just think this team isn't good enough.. Tafua is past it, Suli is lazy, walker is injury prone plus a wanker, and who's on the other wing? Parker?? No thanks..
Again .Really wanna be wrong

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8