Sea Eagles’ best 17: Pressure on the big three with depth to be tested

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And sacked by The Tigers. People forget he's been sacked from both The Tigers AND Dogs (by the age of 20) for poor attitude and poor commitment to health and training.

Then he hits Manly, plays so poorly his position on the field gets targeted by the opposition (consistently), and we are found wanting time and time again there.

I really hope Donny and Des are outright flogging him. Woodsie spoke about a professional sprint coach. I hope getting him up to trotting pace, and having the ability to do so over 20 metres is the first agenda here.

Everyone keeps telling me how great he is . For mine , he's just another Paul Stephenson, without the hard work ethic Steppa had.
Let’s face it, last year he was so big he would struggle to fit into a chat room.

I say lay of Suli until he actually gets selected and plays half a dozen games. Bagging tripe out of him in the off season is petty and cruel.
He will get a good preparation to the season and I expect him to improve a lot if he puts in.
All this negative **** before we even play a game is pissing me off
You're missing the issue & point here.

1. No-one gives a **** if you're pissed off;

2. The guy has track record (now at his third club) at the age of 20. What do you want? People to praise him?

3. He's taking an important, and I believe expensive spot, so the pressure needs to be rightfully on, and he needs to be committed.

He's had his chance. And second chance. And last year was his 3rd chance, and his play let himself and our side down at times .

Yes, for you, we'll all give him his 4th chance in 3 years .... sure.

2. The guy has track record (now at his third club) at the age of 20. What do you want? People to praise him?

3. He's taking an important, and I believe expensive spot, so the pressure needs to be rightfully on, and he needs to be committed.

He's had his chance. And second chance. And last year was his 3rd chance, and his play let himself and our side down at times .

The guy has history with his attitude. and by all accounts his attitude improved out of sight last year.

Main problem addressed.

A part year under Barrett and Ferris is hardly a 1st class growth and conditioning model.

He was named in our 28 man squad as required by the NRL on Nov 1. If he doesn't cut Des' mustard by march 1 he will be cut from the 29 we named.
I guess that's why he named 29..to cut the biggest underperformer. Smart if so.

Des knows what he is doing and as a MWSE supporter we should not go around constantly bagging our players, especially if we have ZERO knowledge of how they are really shaping up.

How would you like to read the sh1t you say about your own players if others directed it at you. Maybe he reads this crap.

Leave the kid alone FFS and let it pan out under the guidance of people who know what they are doing.

Nobody is defending Suli's history. Never mind the fact that he lost his father at a young age, and seems to have some friends who are a bad influence.

If his mental health improves and he bonds well with Des and Donny - he will train better, lose some of the excess weight he's carrying, put a bit of heart in to his performances on the field, and thus I think he has a good chance of reaching his potential this year. Or at least some of it.

Nobody is defending Suli's history. Never mind the fact that he lost his father at a young age, and seems to have some friends who are a bad influence.

If his mental health improves and he bonds well with Des and Donny - he will train better, lose some of the excess weight he's carrying, put a bit of heart in to his performances on the field, and thus I think he has a good chance of reaching his potential this year. Or at least some of it.

Suli has obviously had his share of drama off field and hopefully this area is improved....only he can make this choice.
He does have potential and deserves the chance to show Manly fans what he can do in 2019.....especially in a backline crying out for a few others to stand up other than DCE and Turbo.
He could well make a few eat their words after a solid off season under a real trainer.
If Suli is ordinary come game day its gloves off to call him out, but the judgement could at least wait till a ball is kicked.

The guy has history with his attitude. and by all accounts his attitude improved out of sight last year.

Main problem addressed.

A part year under Barrett and Ferris is hardly a 1st class growth and conditioning model.

He was named in our 28 man squad as required by the NRL on Nov 1. If he doesn't cut Des' mustard by march 1 he will be cut from the 29 we named.
I guess that's why he named 29..to cut the biggest underperformer. Smart if so.

Des knows what he is doing and as a MWSE supporter we should not go around constantly bagging our players, especially if we have ZERO knowledge of how they are really shaping up.

How would you like to read the sh1t you say about your own players if others directed it at you. Maybe he reads this crap.

Leave the kid alone FFS and let it pan out under the guidance of people who know what they are doing.
Weren't you pretty vocal about Walker, and also Taupau when you assumed he wanted out previously?

Funny that it's open season on some (those who according to various numbnuts , wanted to leave) - not saying you're one of those numbnuts , yet other players and coaches are immune.

Barrett , open season. Des , protected.

Etc etc ec. I guess it comes down to people like you, who get to decide who others are allowed to criticise or not.

See what I'm saying? Bit stupid, overall isn't it.

End of the day, people should be allowed to say what they want. Suli's track record deserves some concern over the present.

To be honest, I don't want a.spot defender in our team, especially when out outside back depth is less than even last season, where we came 15th.

What do you want? Me to praise him?

Look... We know you hate Moses and disagree with everyone that thinks that despite his issues on and off field, he may still have a future at the ripe old age of 20.

But you, by your own admission, have a good record of trashing players before they became mainstays and premiership winners in our golden era.

So... why don't you at least wait and see if he sinks or swims under the experienced tutelage of Des and Donny before sinking the boot in yet again. I can guarantee that they will not be tolerating passengers... so I will defer to their judgement on this one.

I feel like some people forget Suli is younger than Parker, Funa and Garrick........also younger than Jade Anderson who many here froth over

The kid seems to have been in the public eye for so long because of his talent and some people write him off like a 27 year old journey man.

There is still time for him to knuckle down and become a star, it is all up to him

Weren't you pretty vocal about Walker, and also Taupau when you assumed he wanted out previously?

No, I wasn't.

Funny that it's open season on some (those who according to various numbnuts , wanted to leave) - not saying you're one of those numbnuts , yet other players and coaches are immune.

Barrett , open season. Des , protected.

Etc etc ec. I guess it comes down to people like you, who get to decide who others are allowed to criticise or not.

No, I don't agree with any of that but constant, continuous negativity and bashing is not productive in any way and nobody here wants to read it.

What do you want? Me to praise him?

For what?

What are the off field dramas and issues? ... From all I have heard and read, as an 18 year old Suli has simply struggled with the committment and desire to be a professional football player ..... he was let go for things like missing or late to training ..... poor attitude yes, but more a poor attitude to committment than a general lifestyle poor attitude

To my knowlegde there has never even been a hint of bad behavour or scandal .....

Last year, apart from the heineous crime of forgetting his passport, he appears to have satisfied all comers ....

He has started the road to redemption under Barrett ... under Dessie, Donnie and the sports phychologist his future looks great ...

No, I wasn't.

No, I don't agree with any of that but constant, continuous negativity and bashing is not productive in any way and nobody here wants to read it.

For what?

So, if I go through your posting history, are you saying I won't see any criticism of our past coaching, current coaching, past players, or current players, because that would make you an abject hypocrite? Should I test this theory? I'm happy to do it. I mean, you wouldn't be preaching for me to do what you demand, especially when you've done it yourself as well, surely?

Like I say, it's not up to you who decides warrants criticism or support. If your talking on behalf of the group (Nobody wants to read that here), I guess you need to set the parameters for everyone.

Until he proves otherwise, he's still that immobile, overweight player that got targeted by many opposition teams last season (for us), costing us game after game. UNTIL he proves otherwise.

So, if I go through your posting history, are you saying I won't see any criticism of our past coaching, current coaching, past players, or current players, because that would make you an abject hypocrite? Should I test this theory? I'm happy to do it. I mean, you wouldn't be preaching for me to do what you demand, especially when you've done it yourself as well, surely?

Like I say, it's not up to you who decides warrants criticism or support. If your talking on behalf of the group (Nobody wants to read that here), I guess you need to set the parameters for everyone.

Until he proves otherwise, he's still that immobile, overweight player that got targeted by many opposition teams last season (for us), costing us game after game. UNTIL he proves otherwise.

It's YOUR continual and constant negativity and stalker-bashing that sets you apart from everyone else here mate. Have you noticed that?

Nobody is telling anyone who they can and cannot bag but you just go on and on and on and on and on...

We heard you the first thousand times buddy FFS.

BTW, I will save you a LOT of digging.
I always called out the Taupau leaving stories as bull**** and only stated that I would not be unhappy about Walker going.

If you spent half as much time thinking as you do bagging people then defending yourself for it, you may see things more like most others here.

I'm done.

It's YOUR continual and constant negativity and stalker-bashing that sets you apart from everyone else here mate. Have you noticed that?

Nobody is telling anyone who they can and cannot bag but you just go on and on and on and on and on...

We heard you the first thousand times buddy FFS.

BTW, I will save you a LOT of digging.
I always called out the Taupau leaving stories as bull**** and only stated that I would not be unhappy about Walker going.

If you spent half as much time thinking as you do bagging people then defending yourself for it, you may see things more like most others here.

I'm done.

No probs, you were dribbling anyway. Love how it's okay to rag on Walker without you knowing any of the facts, but not Suli, who's issues we've actually seen and experienced. Just openly shows your hypocracy. And you also went on about it. Walk the walk 40.

No probs, you were dribbling anyway. Love how it's okay to rag on Walker without you knowing any of the facts, but not Suli, who's issues we've actually seen and experienced. Just openly shows your hypocracy. And you also went on about it. Walk the walk 40.

Typical how you make stuff up because your argument is undefendable.

I did not "rag" on Dylan and my lack of unhappiness if he left is based on his character on and off the field. No hypocrisy. (note spelling)

It is quite obvious you are only here to whinge and argue so let's just leave it at that shall we.

Squabbles do become rather tiresome. I do like good arguments but it turns pear shaped when people get personal. I get as passionate as the next manly tragic and have a rant at times. I do agree that we need to be more measured and careful about what we say about these young men playing in our colours. Their friends and or family may be reading this stuff. The very fact they are playing at this level means that's they have more talent than most footballers and x park footballers like me. There's an old saying the older we get the better we were. Seems like the older we get the smarter we think we are.

Typical how you make stuff up because your argument is undefendable.

I did not "rag" on Dylan and my lack of unhappiness if he left is based on his character on and off the field. No hypocrisy. (note spelling)

It is quite obvious you are only here to whinge and argue so let's just leave it at that shall we.

The old fall back to spelling errors chestnut. Nice.

Done.

For the record, you only know what the media tell you about Walker. You don't know him as a person.
On the field, we need his aggression and passion. He got under the skin of those Melbourne players, and
we won that game extremely well. You like Addin Fonua-Blake? Consider that for a second.

Now, you say I'm only here to whinge. Some topics, yes. Yes, I do. You've seen how much I've been copping it defending Barrett's position about our amenities? I always defend Walker (and copped it), and I've always defended Taupau (and was told I was wrong). People get testy when I claim our forward pack is top 2-3 in the league, but our backline will be the failing of us. These a just a few topics, which show your full of ****, again.

"Hypocrisy", at its finest. Hopefully the spelling was okay then.

For the millionth time Anderson could have been raised and contracted to the 30 status instead of buying Suli mid season. No reason if you have a vacancy of bringing a player up from the lower grades instead of buying away from the club. At the time Anderson would have been a far better proposition than Suli, despite Suli's potential, which I don't deny. Could have been just as easy to buy Suli for the '19 season, and bring him into the Reggies for '18. We needed a decent wing man, more than a centre last year.

So why hasn't Des brought him into the top 30?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2